Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    do you think that cannibis should be legilized when evidence shows that its less harmful than alchol?(cant spell that!)

ReputationRep:
    yep

(Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    do you think that cannibis should be legilized when evidence shows that its less harmful than alchol?(cant spell that!)
    You can't spell legalised either.

ReputationRep:
    no

two wrongs don't make a right

ReputationRep:
    neither cannabis or alcohol are intrinsicaly wrong and people should be free to experience them if they so wish

ReputationRep:
    LOL, yeah sure cannabis is so much safer than alcohol, what with all of the evidence and medical reports regarding cannabis' strong role in suicides and road traffic accidents, not to mention associations with cancers of the mouth, tongue, throat, oesophagus and lung and reductions in fertility as well as with mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and depression. :rolleyes:

Look, I understand that the dangers of cannabis are not reasons in theirselves for its criminalisation as people should be free to make their own choices as to what risks they take, but don't try and tell me that it's less dangerous than moderate alcohol consumption (i.e. well within the advised limits). This is absolute tripe. There's even evidence to suggest that moderate alcohol consumption (of wine etc.) has positive health benefits. I see no evidence at all for cannabis being safer than alcohol but consistently see evidence in the papers and from health associations etc. as to the dangers of cannabis. This sunday in the Sunday Telegraph, Hamish Turner the President of the Coroners' Society stated that in the past year, cannabis was a significant contributory factor in about 10 per cent of the 100 deaths that he held dealt with. What exactly does someone in his position stand to gain from exaggerating such claims? These were not the only worrying statistics mentioned; I'll let you look it up if you're interested.

We should ask ourselves, do we really want to let such a dangerous drug free in society, surely that is inherently stupid for the sake of the whole of society?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, so that it can be taxed and so the money has (slightly) more chance of going towards something useful rather than funding drug barons.

ReputationRep:
    Well the question could quite easily be reversed into...should alcohol be banned when evidence shows that it's more dangerous than cannabis?

Just ban everything stupid like drugs, alcohol and cigarette and the world would be a happier, safer place! problem solved!

what do u need disgusting stuff like that for anyway?! there ARE other ways of having a good time u know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    This sunday in the Sunday Telegraph, Hamish Turner the President of the Coroners' Society stated that in the past year, cannabis was a significant contributory factor in about per cent of the 100 deaths that he held dealt with. What exactly does someone in his position stand to gain from exaggerating such claims? These were not the only worrying statistics mentioned; I'll let you look it up if you're interested.

How many percent? Sorry, I'm not trying to be clever, I'm just curious to know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    How many percent? Sorry, I'm not trying to be clever, I'm just curious to know...
    Sorry, 10%.

cannabis can be medicinal..and evry1 duz it so y not legalize it.

(Original post by Unregistered)
    what does it cure??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I think more research should be done into the medicinal effects of cannabis, so that maybe it could be available to those that it could actually help on prescription. As for 'evry1 duz it' I don't think is a valid arguement so I shall ignore that comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Sorry, 10%.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I heard research suggesting that cannabis is more poisonous than tobacco. My stance on tobacco is that I would ban it (seeing as there is no good reason to keep this form of suicide legal), so naturally I take the same stance on cannabis. As for alcohol, the big problem is with the binge drinkers and not those of us who hit the bar for a quiet drop or two. Not sure how to implement this but binge drinkers should be hit in the wallet more than the rest of us.
    If cannabis becomes legal I pray that its production is confined to businesses (like the tobacco industry) and they are taxed through the roof. Taxes are partly designed to reduce the consumption of those goods that hurt society, so it's only fitting that cannabis is hit with these taxes.

cannabis should be legalised because it is fun and pretty safe. The media obviously tells you it isn't because otherwise they would be condoning an illegal activity. In holland it is basically legal and thats great - people can smoke freely without the risk or hassle from police. It is a much better drug than tobacco because it has much stronger positive effects ( i would sa tobacco has basically no good effects) and the vast majority of users greatly enjoy with little harm, contrary to what the media would have you believe

No I have tried it miself a cuple of times but canabis is bad it can make u catch schiziphinia and deprission it said in the news. I dont smooke it anymore beacus of dat.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.