This discussion is closed.
hotnanoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I think we, the users of the forum should have the right if a moderator decieds a thread needes to be closed have the right to vote. What do you think
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I don't understand what you mean.
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hotnanoo)
I think we, the users of the forum should have the right if a moderator decieds a thread needes to be closed have the right to vote. What do you think
I think that they've had the power invested in them to do what is ethically/socially right, and that you should respect their decisions.
hotnanoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
I don't understand what you mean.
el if a moderator decides a thread should be deleted it should be put to a poll to all users and then after a pecified time the poll cloes and action is taken. Sometimes threads just vanish for no reason, knows its more of aa democracy
hotnanoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Petrozzi)
I think that they've had the power invested in them to do what is ethically/socially right, and that you should respect their decisions.
i suppose you are right but i thought i'd ask what people thought
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i suppose you are right but i thought i'd ask what people thought
I don't disagree with your opinion, it's just that there's always going to be the sort of threads that maskall posts. Threads like that need to be deleted instantly and not sitting around waiting for voters.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
I don't disagree with your opinion, it's just that there's always going to be the sort of threads that maskall posts. Threads like that need to be deleted instantly and not sitting around waiting for voters.
i agree with dave (you got to give me rep for that! you know you want to... ), sometimes threads are deleted that might stay, but genearlly the mods do a good job and are sensible with their decisions.

lou xxx
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I think the mods are quite capable of evaluating whether a thread is following the forum rules etc.
Just imagine if they had to wait before deleting every nuisance thread, just to ok it with us first.

Blah

If you strongly disagree with the deletion of a thread, or action of a mod then contact d, but on the whole they do a good job getting rid of the crud so lets leave it at that shall we?
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

put it this way, if you knew how many threads are deleted a day, you'd know how impossible it would be.

the entire first page would be taken up with polls.

most of my first page is deleted threads at the mo.

love Katy ***
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ok next time a thread comes up with "I F****G HATE **** ****", ill put it to a poll
hotnanoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ollie)
ok next time a thread comes up with "I F****G HATE **** ****", ill put it to a poll
you do that
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (535)
51.1%
No (512)
48.9%

Watched Threads