Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Eyes starting to hurt me. Explanation?

Right well the pain is not strong, like your looking into a bright light, or strain, but its annoying been experiencing for about a week now and its pissing me off cos you cant concentrate on any piece of writing for long enough to read a sentance! guys think its time for glasses or the FIRST eye test? Called specsavers the other day and a 20min test costs £20! Not experienced in this so is this how much it costs or are they playing?

I work with a halogen desk light, does this have an effect?

ReputationRep:
    YOu could have Meningitis.

(Original post by mustang3k)

Right well the pain is not strong, like your looking into a bright light, or strain, but its annoying been experiencing for about a week now and its pissing me off cos you cant concentrate on any piece of writing for long enough to read a sentance! guys think its time for glasses or the FIRST eye test? Called specsavers the other day and a 20min test costs £20! Not experienced in this so is this how much it costs or are they playing?

You might have gt a brain tumour mate. Better get it checked out by an optician. Specsavers are about as cheap as you can get, howeve if you are a student and can prove that you are still in full time education then you should be able to get all treatment free, and a 30pound coupon off the purchase price of glasses. Thats whats with me with specsavers at the moment anyway. Im 17 and in sixth form.

(Original post by Bigcnee)
    Week long meningitis .. i dont think so lol....sy sis had it last year and it all happened in a day. From being perfectly fine to nearly having amputations, but shes totally fine now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Week long meningitis .. i dont think so lol....sy sis had it last year and it all happened in a day. From being perfectly fine to nearly having amputations, but shes totally fine now!
    THat is harsh, but I'm glad she's ok.

ReputationRep:

Bigncee is right, you should check for other symptoms of meningitis such as lethargy, headache, stiffness (esp of the neck) and a rash which does not fade when pressure is applied to it.

Also you could be suffering from migraine. You should definitely go to your doctor, esp as it has been going on for so long.

If you are under 19 and in full time eductaion (not higher education though) you get a free eyesight test.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Bigncee is right, you should check for other symptoms of meningitis such as lethargy, headache, stiffness (esp of the neck) and a rash which does not fade when pressure is applied to it.

Also you could be suffering from migraine. You should definitely go to your doctor, esp as it has been going on for so long.

If you are under 19 and in full time eductaion (not higher education though) you get a free eyesight test.

Is that under nineteen or 19 and under?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Is that under nineteen or 19 and under?
    Under 19.

THat is harsh, but I'm glad she's ok.
    yuppo she is fine now the thing is it was in spain so my mum had to fly out....it was really bad but shes fine now

ReputationRep:
    Under 19.
    Nope its nineteen and under, ie. in further education up to and including the age of nineteen.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    Nope its nineteen and under, ie. in further education up to and including the age of nineteen.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    The optician told me it was under 19!!!!

You might have gt a brain tumour mate
    Bloody hell, I hope you're not planning to become doctors.

ReputationRep:
    The optician told me it was under 19!!!!
    Normally it is but you are allowed to receive it if you have stayed on an extra year in 6th form/further education. If you have gone to univeersity, left full time education or taken a gap year you don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, I hope you're not planning to become doctors.
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Normally it is but you are allowed to receive it if you have stayed on an extra year in 6th form/further education. If you have gone to univeersity, left full time education or taken a gap year you don't get it.

crap. so is it under 19 for everyone except further educatists for whom it is 19 and under?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    crap. so is it under 19 for everyone except further educatists for whom it is 19 and under?
    Basically they will give it to anyone in Further Ed/6th form unless you are twenty or over because FE students do not get any kind of financial assistance - they are thechnically still completely dependent on their parents.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Meningitis, Brain tumor, sounds good, cheers guys...
    Totally not what i was thinking. Nah i dont think thats the case, or i hope not. You see i been on a half term break and staying up late a lot of comp/tv which are bad for the eyes. Also most students at some point need glasses cos of the amount of stuff they need to read i guess its time. Ill get it checked out asap though tomorrow hopefully. also i do most college work on the comp - the net etc, and i had 1 of those screens that u put over the monitor which filters the harmful rays which are released that damage the eyes, but now got one so maybe eyes will improve?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Meningitis, Brain tumor, sounds good, cheers guys...
    Totally not what i was thinking. Nah i dont think thats the case, or i hope not. You see i been on a half term break and staying up late a lot of comp/tv which are bad for the eyes. Also most students at some point need glasses cos of the amount of stuff they need to read i guess its time. Ill get it checked out asap though tomorrow hopefully. also i do most college work on the comp - the net etc, and i had 1 of those screens that u put over the monitor which filters the harmful rays which are released that damage the eyes, but now got one so maybe eyes will improve?
    sounds like migraine to me hun - just get some rest

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x

sounds like migraine to me hun - just get some rest

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x
    Well done on 500 posts mate!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done on 500 posts mate!!!
    yay!!!!!

just shows how sad i am and how much work i don;t do i guess...

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.