QCA Rewrite Watch

This discussion is closed.
Year 5 Teacher
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I've heard that the QCA tests are being rewritten for next year. Any one know any more details
about this?
Slieber24
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In article <[email protected] uk>, "Year 5 teacher" <[email protected]> writes:

[q1]>I've heard that the QCA tests are being rewritten for next year. Any one know any more details[/q1]
[q1]>about this?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

The optional math are being re-written. Not sure about the English. They hopefully will be
done for 2003.

----------------------------------------------------
Sandi

Remove NoSpam to reply.
Aph
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
http://www.qca.org.uk/ca/tests/teach...5_optional.asp

Will QCA be producing any different optional tests in the future?

Yes, QCA will be developing a new suite of year 3, 4 and 5 optional tests in English and mathematics
to replace the current versions. It is intended that these will be available for use from 2003
onwards and will be distributed to schools who have ordered the tests, by April 2003.

I do not think that the optional year 3, 4 and 5 tests are comparable with the national literacy and
numeracy strategies

The English and mathematics optional materials were developed against the national curriculum level
descriptions and as such are valid assessments of the curriculum. The literacy and numeracy
frameworks are compatible with the national curriculum. Skills assessed through the optional tests
will include those taught by teachers using the framework documents. In the revision of the national
curriculum (and the writing of the frameworks) the attainment targets remained largely unaltered so
the optional materials still provide valid assessments of children's performance.

hope this helps
--
Andrew

"Year 5 teacher" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> I've heard that the QCA tests are being rewritten for next year. Any one know any more details[/q1]
[q1]> about this?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.371 / Virus Database: 206 - Release Date: 13/06/02
Slieber24
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In article <[email protected] k>, "APH" <[email protected]> writes:

[q1]>I do not think that the optional year 3, 4 and 5 tests are comparable with the national literacy[/q1]
[q1]>and numeracy strategies[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>The English and mathematics optional materials were developed against the national curriculum level[/q1]
[q1]>descriptions and as such are valid assessments of the curriculum. The literacy and numeracy[/q1]
[q1]>frameworks are compatible with the national curriculum. Skills assessed through the optional tests[/q1]
[q1]>will include those taught by teachers using the framework documents. In the revision of the[/q1]
[q1]>national curriculum (and the writing of the frameworks) the attainment targets remained largely[/q1]
[q1]>unaltered so the optional materials still provide valid assessments of children's performance.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

S-u-r-e they do. That's why grid coordinate pattern stuff is in the Y4 test but not in the teaching
framework. Same with the formula for area. Sheesh!

----------------------------------------------------
Sandi

Remove NoSpam to reply.
Sheila :-D
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[email protected] (SLieber24) gave up looking for Brazil in the atlas and posted:

[q1]>S-u-r-e they do. That's why grid coordinate pattern stuff is in the Y4 test but not in the teaching[/q1]
[q1]>framework. Same with the formula for area. Sheesh![/q1]

And percentages.
--
Sheila :-D (Remove e to mail.)
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads