What are the job prospects for having a Masters Physics Degree From Oxford?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by TK0)
and be paid nothing for it

or move to the US
the pay is ok. im not after money in life, just job satifisfaction.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by edders)
lol the UN has hardly any cash (especially as the US is so reticient about paying its dues to it). youd be better off bribing microsoft; say youll turn your death-ray on bill gates house or something in blackmail lol
create an operating system that actually works *dr evil laugh*
not1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
create an operating system that actually works *dr evil laugh*
ha to be fair to MS their NT-based systems are good. XP works perfectly well for me; never have i had a system-wide failure that requires rebooting.
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
I heard that city work will be very good, with your skills at analysing random, chaotic data and looking for hidden patterns among the stock market.
Haha, you've seen Pi then?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
Haha, you've seen Pi then?
yes, but i don't like it.
J.S.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by BABYGUY)
yes, i emant the 4 year course that gets you a masters. what are the job propsects if you got a 1st class masters degree from physics? are there jobs that have good pay? is it a useful degree to have?

This is a strange question. It's the sort of question International Students often ask (or early teens). What area you work in largely depends on your personality, no education is going to get you into any half decent job automatically- the only thing an education can get you is a set of interviews, from there you're on your own.

As for thinking about the future, it's nice you're aiming high, and thinking about great success in the future. Although do bare in mind that you're yet to be tested. I know of people with 4/5 (in one case 6) grade A's at 'A' level who've really struggled at Univ., gettign 2:2's, and sometimes even lower. So, be confident by all means, but do be cautious too.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
yes, but i don't like it.
Crazy! It's superb. Just two days elpaw... and all shall be known.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Crazy! It's superb. Just two days elpaw... and all shall be known.
Well, nearly two days.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well, nearly two days.
1 day 14 hours 17 minutes 15 seconds
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
1 day 14 hours 17 minutes 15 seconds
lol, filthy images have just poured into my head of you sitting there in your room with trinity's leather all-in-one on rubbing yourself in rhythm to the countdown.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
lol, filthy images have just poured into my head of you sitting there in your room with trinity's leather all-in-one on rubbing yourself in rhythm to the countdown.
LOL
not1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol oh dear. fight the matrix dave!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What are the job prospects for having a Masters Physics Degree From Oxford? what jobs could you go into, and which ones that will earn good money?
Specifically

and

Generally
physicsboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
but i will get it though.
i like it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (266)
51.85%
No (247)
48.15%

Watched Threads