This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
i really dont know what to do when i leave school, im a gcse sudent and am really interested in either becoming a doctor or maybe journalism i know the two are tottaly different.
im afraid if i pursue one career im going to realise ive made a mistake.
i am also afraid that im not going to attain the grades necessary
im predicted
maths D
english A
MEDIA C
HISTORY A
SPANISH C
GEOGRAPHY A
SCIENCE C
they are really wide spaced grades and i really dont know if they are going to be good enough.
Also if i go inot journalism could i get a modern apprentichip at a newspaper while going to college.
and how long does it take to train to become a doctor because my real ambition is to become a peadiatrition because i want to make a difference my little brotheres been in hospital for over a year because of a doctors fault and so ive learnt alot i have to have first aid training before he comes home if he comes home, and he also has a trachea so i know alot about hospital enviroment.
can anyone help me.?
?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
i really dont know what to do when i leave school, im a gcse sudent and am really interested in either becoming a doctor or maybe journalism i know the two are tottaly different.
im predicted
maths D
english A
MEDIA C
HISTORY A
SPANISH C
GEOGRAPHY A
SCIENCE C
they are really wide spaced grades and i really dont know if they are going to be good enough.
Also if i go inot journalism could i get a modern apprentichip at a newspaper while going to college.
and how long does it take to train to become a doctor because my real ambition is to become a peadiatrition because i want to make a difference my little brotheres been in hospital for over a year because of a doctors fault and so ive learnt alot i have to have first aid training before he comes home if he comes home, and he also has a trachea so i know alot about hospital enviroment.
can anyone help me.?
?

Everyone has a trachea or else they wouldn't be able to breathe.
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Everyone has a trachea or else they wouldn't be able to breathe.
lol!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
trachy its a tracheaostomy which is a hole in his throat that helps him breath because of his extensive brain damae, how would you like it if you had to see your 7 year old brother like that and had to suction him and see him DIE!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
im predicted
maths D
english A
MEDIA C
HISTORY A
SPANISH C
GEOGRAPHY A
SCIENCE C
can anyone help me.?
?

Nah concentrate on your grades (you need good ones for medicine, but take one step at a time, just concentrate on getting C's and above for sixth form first) you still have plenty of time to make up your mind just seriously have a think about what you want to do. Maybe you should seek careers advice and talk it over with a careers adviser.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
trachy its a tracheaostomy which is a ****ing hole in his throat that helps him breath because of his extensive brain damae, how would you like it if you had to see your 7 year old brother like that and had to suction him and see him ****ing DIE!!

trachea / tr'ki:, 'trek/

•n. (pl. tracheae / -'ki:i:/ or tracheas)
1. (Anatomy) the membranous tube, reinforced by rings of cartilage, conveying air between the larynx and the bronchial tubes; the windpipe.

Calm down, i'm sorry to hear that, but you said trachea which is the windpipe. I think your making it up anyway for attention.
fionah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Those predictions arent too bad but you'll need double science to go on to do science at A level standard. I'm afraid, which is necessary to go on to do medicine at uni. You would find your knowledge just isn't enough for the A level course I believe (or so I was told when I chose my GCSEs, which is what made me do double science).

It looks from your predictions that you are more arts orientated, so perhaps journalism would be better suited to your strengths. I'm not sure if such a thing as a modern apprenticeship for journalism but you would perhaps be able to work part time at a newspaper whilst doing your course.

Your best bet would be to carry on with your strongest subjects to A level. If you aren't strong at GCSE single science it's probably not wise to go into medicine - maybe nursing would be better? Also, you can still help people in lots of other professions / capacities.

Good luck & sorry to hear about your brother..
I don't have a clue what a trachea is.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
why would i make it up he has hydrochephalis and has a shunt fitted to drain the fluid away, which got blocked he was normal until then and a doctor didnt take him for a ct scan even ythough he was vomiting and arching his back and the pressure built up in his head and his body shut down he was dead in my mothers arms for 5 mins they rescucitated him and used adrenalin he has severe brain damage he went to kings college hospital was under the care of neurologist chris chandler where he had a fatal mrsa virus called acinterbacter that lives in fluid areas it was in his csf(cerebal spinal fluid) we brought him home to die, but he overcamen it and his shunt was exposed due to pressure sores so he had to go back to kings for plastic surgery on his head he had a rotating skin flap and they sent him to G.O.SH. where he is now(great ormand street hospital) on peter pan ward which is ent ot have his tracheostomy out bu the cant because he is aspirating, he cant sit up talk hes incontnient, and doesnt get the rehab he needs, he might be going to chaily heritage which is a rehab place in lewis and we have to raise £30,000 to get an extension on our house so he can come home.
NOW TELL ME IM MAKING THAT UP.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
trachy its a tracheaostomy which is a ****ing hole in his throat that helps him breath because of his extensive brain damae, how would you like it if you had to see your 7 year old brother like that and had to suction him and see him ****ing DIE!!

Maybe if you mentioned that in the first place it would have made more sense though. Look i'm sorry but how was I supposed to know your brother, but this is the definition of trachea:

1. (Anatomy) the membranous tube, reinforced by rings of cartilage, conveying air between the larynx and the bronchial tubes; the windpipe.

Everyone has one, thats all I was saying because you said trachea not trachy or tracheaostomy. Not my fault, I'm not a mind reader. I feel sorry for you and your brother what happened to the poor kid if you don't mind me asking? I hope he will be okay.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I Just Said What Happened To Him.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I hope hes going to be ok too
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
why would i make it up he has hydrochephalis and has a shunt fitted to drain the fluid away, which got blocked he was normal until then and a doctor didnt take him for a ct scan even ythough he was vomiting and arching his back and the pressure built up in his head and his body shut down he was dead in my mothers arms for 5 mins they rescucitated him and used adrenalin he has severe brain damage he went to kings college hospital was under the care of neurologist chris chandler where he had a fatal mrsa virus called acinterbacter that lives in fluid areas it was in his csf(cerebal spinal fluid) we brought him home to die, but he overcamen it and his shunt was exposed due to pressure sores so he had to go back to kings for plastic surgery on his head he had a rotating skin flap and they sent him to G.O.SH. where he is now(great ormand street hospital) on peter pan ward which is ent ot have his tracheostomy out bu the cant because he is aspirating, he cant sit up talk hes incontnient, and doesnt get the rehab he needs, he might be going to chaily heritage which is a rehab place in lewis and we have to raise £30,000 to get an extension on our house so he can come home.

Okay fair enough sorry to hear that, but like I said I'm not a mind reader am I? You didn't say that in the first place, what you said in the first place sounded trivial.

And before you say anything my cousin was severely brain damaged in a car accident from the age of 17 and died recently because the care assistants dropped him from his bed when they moved him. He couldn't move at all, he couldn't talk, couldn't eat after the accident thats why the care home assitants had to lift him everytime he needed moving. The inquest showed accidental death because they said one of the supporters snapped, but we think it may have been pure negligence but are powerless to do anything. So I know all a ****ing about it so dont vent your anger here.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago

I sent that before you said it.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago

Can you take legal action against the doctor for negligence? I wish your brother all the best and hope he turns out alright I feel for you stay strong.

Goodnight i'm off
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I Wasnt Merely Venting Anger I Was Asking For Advice And Still Am, But If Anyonewants To Say That It Aint True Or To Put Me Down Then Do It Elsewhere
And Im Sorry About Your Cousin,
*k
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (385)
32.11%
No (814)
67.89%

Watched Threads