Artemis Fowl Movie Update

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Fer the Ferret
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Ok, I'm surfing, but so far I've only found a forum filled with people who think Jennifer Garner, Michael Clarke Duncan, and Haley Joel Osment would make good portrayals of Holly, Butler, and Artemis respectively.

BLEH :eek:
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Motel of Selves)
I just registered. I was looking on info for AF and I found this! Oh, does someone know who the actor for Arty is? Oooh! plz tell me!!
Sorri, dude, we have been wondering and searching for eons, and we still don't know any cast members.

Great to see many people interested in Artemis Fowl, by the way; it's the best book in the world!
wottabout
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
According to an interview with Eoin Colfer, casting of the movie will happen next month. . . next month from May, 2003. Face it. Even the author's out of the loop.
choco_frog_chic
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wottabout)
According to an interview with Eoin Colfer, casting of the movie will happen next month. . . next month from May, 2003. Face it. Even the author's out of the loop.
well, you never know... maybe the casting DID start last month, and they just don't want anyone to know - i can't think why they'd do that, but...
that's two people now that i've heard of who supposedly know who Arty is, and they've both been sworn to secrecy. :mad:

Rinok, do you REALLY know? c'mon, give me a teensy hint, pretty please with a cherry on top?
Arty Clone
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jstringer)
at the bottom of each page on each of the books there is a code! had anyone ever bothered to translate it?
I did, and it's quite easy to read.
Arty Clone
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Arty Clone)

Arty Clone
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~independent~)
Sorri, dude, we have been wondering and searching for eons, and we still don't know any cast members.

Great to see many people interested in Artemis Fowl, by the way; it's the best book in the world!
I know i'd make a great Arty. I have got the vocabulary level of college and I'm in 6th grade! I'm twelve years old, I've got black hair, i'm irish royalty, and I have an Irish accent. :cool:
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago

MAY I REEPEET DO NOT I REEPEET DO NOT POST THAT STUPID CODE THANK YOU IT IS JUS T SPAM AND IF U WER A REAL ARTY FAN U WUD KNO WUT THEY ALL SAY SO PLZZZZ DONT POST THEM THEY DO NOT REEPEET THEMSELSVE THEY R VERY EASY TO DECODE BUT DONT POST THEM PLZ THEY MAKE ME MAD
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I know i'd make a great Arty. I have got the vocabulary level of college and I'm in 6th grade! I'm twelve years old, I've got black hair, i'm irish royalty, and I have an Irish accent. :cool:
uMM... ARTYCLONE WE DONT CARE
choco_frog_chic
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rinok12)
uMM... ARTYCLONE WE DONT CARE
ooook... that was a bit mean . but really, alot of ppl think they'd make a great arty but they're often wrong. and it is not your similarities to the character that matter in the casting, but your ability to act which is most important .
Motel of Selves
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I heard a lot of rumors about the movie. They said Cameron Diaz might be Holly. Colfer, when asked about it, said that whoever played Holly would be a famous actress (said we'd recognize her when we saw her). (I think the studio wanted Diaz, Colfer wanted Wynona Ryder) And Colfer said he wants Nicholas Hoult (from "About a Boy") to play Artemis.
And on February, it was announced that the movie screening was postponed (I think they were supposed to shoot in the summer) because the Euro to dollar in Ireland has changed by nearly 20%, bringing up production costs. Mirimax might take it to another country, but it's not certain.
I think the movie was scheduled to release the end of this month, but casting hasn't even started yet(as far as I know)and they were SUPPOSED to start filming 2002, so nothings for sure.

But y'all probably knew all that already! Yeah...okay...that's about it.

P.S. Vin Deisel should be Butler! LOVE VIN DEISEL!!!
wottabout
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by choco_frog_chic)
well, you never know... maybe the casting DID start last month, and they just don't want anyone to know - i can't think why they'd do that, but...
that's two people now that i've heard of who supposedly know who Arty is, and they've both been sworn to secrecy. :mad:

Rinok, do you REALLY know? c'mon, give me a teensy hint, pretty please with a cherry on top?
When I said May, I also said 2003. That means that if they really started casting then, it was a year ago, not last month.
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
New members of this thread, if you have the time, please read the previous postings. They basically have discussed every rumour reported. It will be helpful to read them rather than ask us again.
But do tell us any new ones, of course.......
Fer the Ferret
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rinok12)
MAY I REEPEET DO NOT I REEPEET DO NOT POST THAT STUPID CODE THANK YOU IT IS JUS T SPAM AND IF U WER A REAL ARTY FAN U WUD KNO WUT THEY ALL SAY SO PLZZZZ DONT POST THEM THEY DO NOT REEPEET THEMSELSVE THEY R VERY EASY TO DECODE BUT DONT POST THEM PLZ THEY MAKE ME MAD
Ok, we won't repeat the stupid code, but can I "plzzzz" have a code for your spelling? And perhaps throw in some punctuation with all those capitals?
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ooook... that was a bit mean . but really, alot of ppl think they'd make a great arty but they're often wrong. and it is not your similarities to the character that matter in the casting, but your ability to act which is most important .
u kno i was kidding

All women are seductive they have mind powers
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fer the Ferret)
Ok, we won't repeat the stupid code, but can I "plzzzz" have a code for your spelling? And perhaps throw in some punctuation with all those capitals?

I'm very sorry aboutmy spelling and my mood on that day i had a bad day i lost myfootball game and i broke up ih my so called girlfrend
(constipated smily) :confused:
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
QUOTE]

Vin would make a good butler he is rie for the part but who will play arty
p.s. hase any 1 seen eouro trip it is so funny
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago

who els knos who will be playing arty
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
chocho your other avatar looked better
Motel of Selves
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~independent~)
New members of this thread, if you have the time, please read the previous postings. They basically have discussed every rumour reported. It will be helpful to read them rather than ask us again.
But do tell us any new ones, of course.......

hehe, sorry! I know I REALLY should read the previous stuff, but I'm lazy and they're a lot If there is anything new, I'm sure you guys'll find out first.

I dunno who should play Arty, but there's this anime kid in Cowboy Bebop (Wen) who looks like an evil Arty:
http://www.projectbag.com/cowboy_bebop/wen_pictures.html

And I think Hilary Swank should play Holly.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (43)
23.24%
Unhappy (52)
28.11%
Conflicted (90)
48.65%

Watched Threads