Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i don't think the AF books exist in that reality.

(Original post by choco_frog_chic)
    i don't think the AF books exist in that reality.

So? It'd be funny, though! I have discovered Criminality forums! There's alot, go visit them!

ReputationRep:
    Criminality fanfics are really selected, so they are really good.

How old would Artemis Fowl be by now if he was twelve when the first book was published?

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys i have translated the codes from th first 2 books in the last 2 days. how do u translate the third books code? i have no clue. any way, im from australia and dont know if the release dates you are talking about are for your area. probably are.
    I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands
    of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
    ~ ~ ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
    It costs a lot of money to look this cheap.
    - - -Dolly Parton (about herself)
    Sometimes I feel like an old hooker.
    - - Cher
    I wouldn't have turned out the way I was if I didn't have
    all those old-fashioned values to rebel against.
    - - -Madonna (1992)
    I do not like broccoli and I haven't liked it since I was a
    little kid and my mother made me eat it.
    Now I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to
    eat any more broccoli.
    --George Bush

ReputationRep:
    go to the amazon website for austrailia (or go to amazon.com, perhaps there is a link to the austrailia version) and look up Artemis Fowl The Opal Deception.

ReputationRep:
    When the Artemis Fowl movie comes out, what do you think would be a great theme song?

ReputationRep:
    nothing that already exists. something totally new and unique and cool. and no lyrics. they are cool when you first here them but tiring after a while.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone...I just found the Artemis fowl books last week and I have read all 3 of them and I love them!!! ...in reading some of your posts I see that there is a 4th one out or coming out..do you know if it is out in the states?? :confused: ...and also does anyone know when the movie is supposed to be coming out?? :confused: ...thanks..also I can not believe that some of you guys have translated the codes in the books..how did you figure out what the symbols mean??? :confused:

~Cat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackcat420)
    hey everyone...I just found the Artemis fowl books last week and I have read all 3 of them and I love them!!! ...in reading some of your posts I see that there is a 4th one out or coming out..do you know if it is out in the states?? :confused: ...and also does anyone know when the movie is supposed to be coming out?? :confused: ...thanks..also I can not believe that some of you guys have translated the codes in the books..how did you figure out what the symbols mean??? :confused:

~Cat
    First of all, The forth Artemis Fowl book (Opal Deception) is not out yet. No one is totally sure about the movie's release date. And my copy of two and three didn't have any codes. The first one is translated by reading the origonal beginning of the Book with symbols and stuff and then matching it with the translation.

That reminds me...does anyone know where to see the codes for the last two books? Not the translated ones, but I mean like the actual symbols, maybe scanned from the book and posted on the Internet somewhere. I want to translate them for fun, but I only have the code on the first book (bottom of the pages) and the third (cover) and the others, the European versions (?), have different codes, right? I feel like decoding it and finding out if it's any harder than the first one. I translated that one in seventh grade, but it DID take a whole half day... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The Eoin Colfer Website has it.....'cept I can't get on for some reason.....

www.eoincolfer.com

ReputationRep:
    I can't get on the site either. BTW, I found out the that in the forth book Opal wakes up from a coma and tries to get revenge on everyone who helped her get captured, and Artemis doesn't know what's going on (that's a first )

ReputationRep:
    nice avatar, independant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wottabout)
    I can't get on the site either. BTW, I found out the that in the forth book Opal wakes up from a coma and tries to get revenge on everyone who helped her get captured, and Artemis doesn't know what's going on (that's a first )
    lol, that sounds good
    Although I am sure he would catch on quickly, and figure out some clever way to turn the whole thing to his advantage.

He is definitely not the type to wiggle his way out of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_frog_chic)
    nice avatar, independant.
    Thank you

Your one is really cute

ReputationRep:
    thank you! (thats alot of green smileys)

ReputationRep:

Motel of Selves' one is pretty cool as well

ReputationRep:
    Artemis Fowl MUST find Mulch Diggums! Seriously!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruenna)
    Hey. I just discovered this message board! I've been on another AF board and we have some info:

We know that the fourth book will be called "The Opal Deception" but that can still me changed.

The movie was targeted for release in late 2004.

In my opinion, Tom Felton should play Artemis. He plays "Draco Malfoy" in the Harry Potter movies. What do you think?

Will someone please post?

-Ruenna
    Omg, thers gonna b a movie!?! i love that book, and yes i totaly, completely agree on Tom Felton playing Artemis, perfect for the character. Just hope he can get the irish accent down, he wud b completely beyond hot with an irish accent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~independent~)
    When the Artemis Fowl movie comes out, what do you think would be a great theme song?
    ooh gd question, well an irish jig!, lol, no, errm... well it all depends wen the film comes out dont it, maybe ther will b a single coming out at the time perfect for it, or they mite write a theme tune for it, like they did with hp.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.