Artemis Fowl Movie Update

Watch
This discussion is closed.
choco_frog_chic
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i don't think the AF books exist in that reality.
Motel of Selves
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by choco_frog_chic)
i don't think the AF books exist in that reality.

So? It'd be funny, though! I have discovered Criminality forums! There's alot, go visit them!
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Criminality fanfics are really selected, so they are really good.

How old would Artemis Fowl be by now if he was twelve when the first book was published?
soupoftheday
Report 15 years ago
thanks guys i have translated the codes from th first 2 books in the last 2 days. how do u translate the third books code? i have no clue. any way, im from australia and dont know if the release dates you are talking about are for your area. probably are.
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands
of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
~ ~ ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
It costs a lot of money to look this cheap.
- - -Dolly Parton (about herself)
Sometimes I feel like an old hooker.
- - Cher
I wouldn't have turned out the way I was if I didn't have
all those old-fashioned values to rebel against.
- - -Madonna (1992)
I do not like broccoli and I haven't liked it since I was a
little kid and my mother made me eat it.
Now I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to
eat any more broccoli.
--George Bush
choco_frog_chic
Report 15 years ago
go to the amazon website for austrailia (or go to amazon.com, perhaps there is a link to the austrailia version) and look up Artemis Fowl The Opal Deception.
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When the Artemis Fowl movie comes out, what do you think would be a great theme song?
choco_frog_chic
Report 15 years ago
nothing that already exists. something totally new and unique and cool. and no lyrics. they are cool when you first here them but tiring after a while.
blackcat420
Report 15 years ago
hey everyone...I just found the Artemis fowl books last week and I have read all 3 of them and I love them!!! ...in reading some of your posts I see that there is a 4th one out or coming out..do you know if it is out in the states?? :confused: ...and also does anyone know when the movie is supposed to be coming out?? :confused: ...thanks..also I can not believe that some of you guys have translated the codes in the books..how did you figure out what the symbols mean??? :confused:

~Cat
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by blackcat420)
hey everyone...I just found the Artemis fowl books last week and I have read all 3 of them and I love them!!! ...in reading some of your posts I see that there is a 4th one out or coming out..do you know if it is out in the states?? :confused: ...and also does anyone know when the movie is supposed to be coming out?? :confused: ...thanks..also I can not believe that some of you guys have translated the codes in the books..how did you figure out what the symbols mean??? :confused:

~Cat
First of all, The forth Artemis Fowl book (Opal Deception) is not out yet. No one is totally sure about the movie's release date. And my copy of two and three didn't have any codes. The first one is translated by reading the origonal beginning of the Book with symbols and stuff and then matching it with the translation.
Motel of Selves
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
That reminds me...does anyone know where to see the codes for the last two books? Not the translated ones, but I mean like the actual symbols, maybe scanned from the book and posted on the Internet somewhere. I want to translate them for fun, but I only have the code on the first book (bottom of the pages) and the third (cover) and the others, the European versions (?), have different codes, right? I feel like decoding it and finding out if it's any harder than the first one. I translated that one in seventh grade, but it DID take a whole half day... :rolleyes:
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Eoin Colfer Website has it.....'cept I can't get on for some reason.....

www.eoincolfer.com
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can't get on the site either. BTW, I found out the that in the forth book Opal wakes up from a coma and tries to get revenge on everyone who helped her get captured, and Artemis doesn't know what's going on (that's a first )
choco_frog_chic
Report 15 years ago
nice avatar, independant.
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wottabout)
I can't get on the site either. BTW, I found out the that in the forth book Opal wakes up from a coma and tries to get revenge on everyone who helped her get captured, and Artemis doesn't know what's going on (that's a first )
lol, that sounds good
Although I am sure he would catch on quickly, and figure out some clever way to turn the whole thing to his advantage.

He is definitely not the type to wiggle his way out of it
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by choco_frog_chic)
nice avatar, independant.
Thank you

Your one is really cute
choco_frog_chic
Report 15 years ago
thank you! (thats alot of green smileys)
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Motel of Selves' one is pretty cool as well
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Artemis Fowl MUST find Mulch Diggums! Seriously!
heyPyro
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ruenna)
Hey. I just discovered this message board! I've been on another AF board and we have some info:

We know that the fourth book will be called "The Opal Deception" but that can still me changed.

The movie was targeted for release in late 2004.

In my opinion, Tom Felton should play Artemis. He plays "Draco Malfoy" in the Harry Potter movies. What do you think?

Will someone please post?

-Ruenna
Omg, thers gonna b a movie!?! i love that book, and yes i totaly, completely agree on Tom Felton playing Artemis, perfect for the character. Just hope he can get the irish accent down, he wud b completely beyond hot with an irish accent
heyPyro
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~independent~)
When the Artemis Fowl movie comes out, what do you think would be a great theme song?
ooh gd question, well an irish jig!, lol, no, errm... well it all depends wen the film comes out dont it, maybe ther will b a single coming out at the time perfect for it, or they mite write a theme tune for it, like they did with hp.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (17)
43.59%
Take exams next summer (9)
23.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (9)
23.08%
Apply to uni next year instead (4)
10.26%
I'm not applying to university (0)
0%

Watched Threads