Artemis Fowl Movie Update

Watch
This discussion is closed.
wottabout
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm getting worried. It's been months and still no release dates (the ones saying it'll come out in 2004 don't count!). WHEN? WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN?
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by heyPyro)
Omg, thers gonna b a movie!?! i love that book, and yes i totaly, completely agree on Tom Felton playing Artemis, perfect for the character. Just hope he can get the irish accent down, he wud b completely beyond hot with an irish accent
Hopefully...no posters or cast lists released yet.
Very worried too, wottabout.
Fer the Ferret
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~independent~)
Hopefully...no posters or cast lists released yet.
Very worried too, wottabout.
I hope whoever signs on for this movie (cast or crew) knows what they're getting into and they take their time with it. Books don't always translate well into film (Timeline springs to mind...). After all, people see stories from different perspectives and lots of editing will probably be needed to fit it all in or keep it under budget.

Hopefully, forums like this will be seen by those working on the movie and make them fully understand how much we want this done right.

So to anyone out there on the AF movie cast or crew, "DON'T SCREW THIS UP OR WE'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!!!"
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To anyone who's working on the AF movie: "Don't mess up Foaly!"
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Or Artemis.....he would be quite a tricky character to play.
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Foaly's more important
TailsAndy89
Report 16 years ago
:eek: take-it-up-the-arse! constipated!

I think that michael clark duncan http://www.cnn.com/interactive/enter...hael.clark.jpg should play butler

and NOT cameron diaz. can you imagine Cameron diaz with nut-brown skin?

and artemis fowl with hormones? :eek:
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why is it that I can never get onto Eion's website? Can any of you?
Fer the Ferret
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wottabout)
Foaly's more important
I agree. Artemis is, after all, just a little kid.

Foaly, on the other hand, he's a centaur. There are dozens of ways they could screw something like that up. Can you imagine if they just CGIed him all together. Or how it would look if they used some kind of costume that has the back half of a horse strapped to the actor's back...

I shudder
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think they probably will just CGI Foaly. But I have a question: Who will play Root? He's a very important character.
TailsAndy89
Report 16 years ago
i'm not exactly sure why, but i keep thinking of Danny DeVito as mulch, but yi dunno.

but root is the generic angry cop commander =p
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Danny DeVito doesn't seem the Mulch type
BbNetDorkette
Report 16 years ago
Hey people!

I'm new to this Forum, but I just reread all 3 Artemis Fowl books and decided to have a look-see, to see what I could find about the movie and/or the 4th book. I hope to be a regular on this post!
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yay! More people are coming to this forum! Oh, yeah: Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Welcome!!!

Oh, yeah, in reply to wottabout, I think the Eoin Colfer website is stuffed, cos no one else can get on either.
BbNetDorkette
Report 16 years ago
Yea, I tried to get onto the Eoin Colfer site, and it didn't work for me either. At the time... i thought it might be my web browser, because it's being difficult latley, but if other people are having problems, it must not be me
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was scared that there was something wrong with my computer, but I guess it's fine
Katranat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
...Hiya! I just joined and I thought I'd post because I love Artemis Fowl . (in reply to the thing about foaly) I think that they should do what they did for the centaur in the BBC's Chronicals Of Narnia where they flimed a horse and then a man and then stuck them togather. I think they should do that really just bring it up to date so it looks more convincing I hope I'll post frequently!
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That sounds cool.
Katranat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hiya! I forgot to say in my other post. Everybody in my family thinks that Butler should be played by Vin Deisel
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (528)
51.21%
No (503)
48.79%

Watched Threads