Artemis Fowl Movie Update

Watch
This discussion is closed.
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yah, it's kinda what I've always imagined Holy to be, except a bit more sharper looking and wary....not so girly pretty.
qotsa
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Hey i found this pic that sum1 drew. http://rinpu.com/artpages/holly_pod_page.html i reckon i was close enough if this is wat she looks like.
that is a good picture,though i imagined her a bit differently.
wottabout
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When the movie comes out, Holly will probably be pretty and blonde and nothing like our Holly. My evil plan is working.
Schizy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used to be Motel of Selves, but my account got skrewed up so now I shall be Schizy. W00T!! The Artemis Fowl Files is coming out soon! Oct. 13, I think. I'm gonna go to Barnes & Noble every day and stalk the workers until they give me the book. ::insert maniacal laughter::

I remember that pic! That person also drew a pic of Artemis and HP, and some anime pics. They're all in her/his fanart gallery.

I have a deviantART gallery now! It's in my sig and I gots a few Arty pics. There's also a link to the ARTEMIS-CLUB where they have tons of Arty F-art links. Okies, that's all. Ja ne!
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What are the Artemis Fowl Files?:O
KimmyB07
Report 16 years ago
Well, I just found this today and I've only read the last couple pages (and the first) because, well, I like my life and I try to keep it. Plus, any good/new info will be mentioned towards the end anyways.

In case you hadn't seen this: http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingso...rtemisfowl.htm

It says "The big screen adaptation of the Harry Potter rivalling Artemis Fowl has been postponed. The movie was being developed with a summer filming schedule of this summer having already been inked in. The reason? Exchange Rates. The movie was going to be filmed in Ireland this summer, but because the Euro to the Dollar has changed by nearly 20% in value it's caused production costs to soar. No word yet if Miramax are planning on taking the production to another country. But this must be a hammer blow to the Irish film community. This is not the only production thought to have pulled out of filming in Ireland this summer with several other major productions either contemplating pulling out or have pulled out already."

I don't know if its news to you guys or not, but that's why it's taking so long.
Schizy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~independent~)
What are the Artemis Fowl Files?:O
You don't know yet? Oh okay, they're two ministories and some other extra Arty stuffs, including Holly's rise in the LEP (I think) and the Seventh Dwarf. Here:
Barnes & Noble link

It's been said to come out in the US on the thirteenth, but the Barnes & Noble sell date I'm still not sure of. Anyway....Lookit my fanart!!!!!!
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Schizy)
You don't know yet? Oh okay, they're two ministories and some other extra Arty stuffs, including Holly's rise in the LEP (I think) and the Seventh Dwarf. Here:
Barnes & Noble link

It's been said to come out in the US on the thirteenth, but the Barnes & Noble sell date I'm still not sure of. Anyway....Lookit my fanart!!!!!!
Omg, thanx for that info. I am getting behind *blushes*
It sounds pretty cool.

Also, you draw groovy fanart!
Katranat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Schizy)
Barnes & Noble link

Awwwww... Your fanart's soooo cute :rolleyes: I like anime! Anyways sorry I haven't been on for a while. I just started to translate the words at the bottem of the pages I'm half way through, and then I'm going to translate the second (and third if I can figure it out) books! And then I'm going to go and translate the runes in Lord of the rings
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Katranat)
Awwwww... Your fanart's soooo cute :rolleyes: I like anime! Anyways sorry I haven't been on for a while. I just started to translate the words at the bottem of the pages I'm half way through, and then I'm going to translate the second (and third if I can figure it out) books! And then I'm going to go and translate the runes in Lord of the rings
The words at the bottom of the pages of the first Artemis Fowl book repeat after a while, so don't bother translating everything. In my copy, they ended on page 141
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Me to lazy to translate

I read on a Eoin Colfer interview somewhere that he might end on the fourth book which he probably will cos he said he plans on Artemis Fowl remaining 13 to 14 yrs old for the rest of the series.

I was hoping for it to continue 'til he is at least 18......
Katranat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
HI!! I'm hyper... Anyways I've finished translating the first and second Artemis Fowl... And for a while there I thought that I wouldn't be able to translate the third one because I thought that there was nowhere where you could compare the chracters with those of the english language... But I was wrong and now I can translate it *smiles Artemis's trademark vampire smile*.
Okay, in response to that whole Holly hair thing *ahem* in the first book it clearly states that she has cropped auburn hair... Although in the second book it clearly states that she has an auburn crew cut O_o maybe Eion forgot.....
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Katranat)
Okay, in response to that whole Holly hair thing *ahem* in the first book it clearly states that she has cropped auburn hair... Although in the second book it clearly states that she has an auburn crew cut O_o maybe Eion forgot.....
Maybe she decided to change it.
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Concerning the Artemis Fowl Files:

To my knowledge, it came out [in the US] on the 8th [of October], or before it.
Fer the Ferret
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ignotus~Veritas)

Ooo, I'll have to check it out sometime this week.
Schizy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ignotus~Veritas)

Yeah, I heard that it came out on the 8th, too, but the sites I've been to said it comes out on the 13th....I even went to my bookstore and they didn't have it. Barnes&Noble doesn't say the exact date (just October) but I checked Waldenbooks and they said it was on the 13th.....but now it's supposed to be in stock. Gah! Stupid publishing dates weren't accurate!
Katranat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well... The Artemis Fowl Files are definatly out here in England because.... I HAVE THEM YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!! I got thema as a birthday pressie from my sis
They're really good... And yes it DOES have Holly's rise in the LEP AND the Seventh Dwarf AND a lot of other cool stuff :rolleyes:
wottabout
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I want The Artemis Fowl Files!
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, I got them not too long ago. I was thrilled when I saw how much was in there-more than I had heard of, anyway!
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To the people who have got it (grumble grumble) what is the basic format of the book?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
11.96%
Virtual campus tours/open days (135)
24.46%
Live streaming events (47)
8.51%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.42%
A uni comparison tool (129)
23.37%
An in-person event when available (123)
22.28%