Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~independent~)
    To the people who have got it (grumble grumble) what is the basic format of the book?
    I picked up a copy at Barnes & Noble today, but haven't gotten a chance to really look through it. Flipped through it and it looks pretty cool. Aside from the additional side stories it has interviews with the characters, illustrations of some fairy technology, and some notes on the fairy symbols.

The weird thing about it, though, is the way some pages stick out farther than others as if it were a stack of papers/notes...

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is, do NOT bother to decode the bottom. (That is, if your copy has it). All mine says is "The Artemis Fowl Files The Artemis Fowl Files". Meh. I wasn't too happy about that.

(Original post by Motel of Selves)
    Ah, maybe the Irish movie intellegence network got to them! They knew too much, so they were disposed of. None of us are safe!!!!!! ::gets chased by men in white coats:: GET AWAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    looksk like "motel of selves" is a regular foaly,paranoid like hell.although i must say that the evidence is overwhelming....who are we to deny the tidle wave of conspiracies which are sweeping over us..........??
    (sorry,i tend to get a bit carried awat,heh heh)

(Original post by Ignotus~Veritas)
    Yes, I got them not too long ago. I was thrilled when I saw how much was in there-more than I had heard of, anyway!
    yo
    is there stuff about artemis in it?as in like a story abt him?cos i am madly in luv with him and i shall be heart-broken if there is nothing 'cept an interview concerning him.....sigh....i cant wait to get it,and i am stuck in a cursed place which takes an age to get a book...NOOOOOOO!!!!!!(ever pictured jon spire howling in frustration when artemis disapears in fronta him???thats me now,'cept i'm not ..eh...wearing a white suit and i'm not a power-hungry man
    ...i'm a power hungry kid)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    yo
    is there stuff about artemis in it?as in like a story abt him?cos i am madly in luv with him and i shall be heart-broken if there is nothing 'cept an interview concerning him.....sigh....i cant wait to get it,and i am stuck in a cursed place which takes an age to get a book...NOOOOOOO!!!!!!(ever pictured jon spire howling in frustration when artemis disapears in fronta him???thats me now,'cept i'm not ..eh...wearing a white suit and i'm not a power-hungry man
    ...i'm a power hungry kid)
    Well, it's not about him-but he's in it!

Well, it's not about him-but he's in it!
    why oh why???????thanx anyway ignotus veritas,good to know - well not really but still.....is it as good as the other books??deos it live up to expectations

ReputationRep:
    why oh why???????thanx anyway ignotus veritas,good to know - well not really but still.....is it as good as the other books??deos it live up to expectations
    Oh it certinally does! Here, allow me to list the table of contents: (Now where did I put that book . . . .)

1. LEPrecon (a story about how Holly's rise)
    2. Fairy code
    3. Gnommish Alphabet
    4. The People: A Spotter's Guide
    5. Interviews (Artemis Fowl II, Holly, Butler, Mulch Diggums, Foaly, Julius Root, Eoin Colfer)
    6. Artemis's report card
    7. Haven Transport locations
    8. Foaly's inverntions
    9. Crossword
    10. Fairy word search
    11. The Seventh Dwarf (Artemis is in this one)

If anyone wants me to take this down, PM me and I shall!

Oh it certinally does! Here, allow me to list the table of contents: (Now where did I put that book . . . .)

1. LEPrecon (a story about how Holly's rise)
    2. Fairy code
    3. Gnommish Alphabet
    4. The People: A Spotter's Guide
    5. Interviews (Artemis Fowl II, Holly, Butler, Mulch Diggums, Foaly, Julius Root, Eoin Colfer)
    6. Artemis's report card
    7. Haven Transport locations
    8. Foaly's inverntions
    9. Crossword
    10. Fairy word search
    11. The Seventh Dwarf (Artemis is in this one)

If anyone wants me to take this down, PM me and I shall!
    Artemis's report card!!!!!!!!!?????????report card!!!geez,u caused me to choke on my lunch...why the hell is his report card there?or is it there for the comments of the teachers which in that case i guess would be ok.i thought for a moment that eoin colfer was gonna make us feel bad when we see how he's aced all his subjects - except probably PE,heh heh - the only subject us simpletons can pass,eh?
    hey i know this is totally off subject but my pic thingamajig deos not come when i post a message.how do u get it to come with the message?example,
    ignotus's matt/bourne supremacy - by the way i loved that movie - works just fine.

just as a warning,the following is probably untrue so dont condemn me...i'm a slave os my own decisivness.....
    yeah,getting to the point,there was this dude on another forum - not on this site - saying sumthing abt this dude called Jirni Kitchner being in the artemis movie.he didnt say whether this supposed person was actually going to play artemis but i thought i'd tell u guys anyway.it's v.unlikely,cos the other ppl on the forum sounded suspiciously hippy-ish and this person who had supplied the information had recomended a link that did not exist.anyway,if anyone knows anything about the validity of the statement pls post
    DEOS ANYONE EVEN HAVE A CLUE WHO WILL PLAY ARTEMIS,IN REALITY???

hey
    for all u fortunate ppl who have read the artemis fowl files -i'm stuck in another dimension where books take twice the time to arrive at local bookstores and therefore must be specially ordered,argh!! - deos artemis mention anything abt juliet?cos in the eternity code when juliet is planning to take butler's place as ..er..the butler,he tries to talk her outta it by saying he already knows her first name and he personally thinks that artemis is "fond of her".at the time i read it i just tittered mildly but now i'm thinking.....that would just be strange.though i wonder if she's smart enough for him.he'll probably date someone like opal,if she wasnt another species that is.still,what d'u think?is juliet the one?............(ew,i must finally be getting influenced from the sad soap opera advertisments)

ReputationRep:
    hey
    for all u fortunate ppl who have read the artemis fowl files -i'm stuck in another dimension where books take twice the time to arrive at local bookstores and therefore must be specially ordered,argh!! - deos artemis mention anything abt juliet?cos in the eternity code when juliet is planning to take butler's place as ..er..the butler,he tries to talk her outta it by saying he already knows her first name and he personally thinks that artemis is "fond of her".at the time i read it i just tittered mildly but now i'm thinking.....that would just be strange.though i wonder if she's smart enough for him.he'll probably date someone like opal,if she wasnt another species that is.still,what d'u think?is juliet the one?............(ew,i must finally be getting influenced from the sad soap opera advertisments)
    No there is not.

But I honestly think it's just one of those itty bitty crushes that some boys can get. You know? Think about it: she's more than likely pretty, never says no, and, besides his mom, is the only female in his life. Does that make any sense to you?

And about your avatar, as they are called, do you have one stored on your computer? If so, click "browse" and open your picture files. And then you click on the picture, click "open". Afterwords, click "save changes." That should work!

No there is not.

But I honestly think it's just one of those itty bitty crushes that some boys can get. You know? Think about it: she's more than likely pretty, never says no, and, besides his mom, is the only female in his life. Does that make any sense to you?

And about your avatar, as they are called, do you have one stored on your computer? If so, click "browse" and open your picture files. And then you click on the picture, click "open". Afterwords, click "save changes." That should work!
    oh,i did that but it still deosnt work.probably something to do with this ancient PC,ARGH,it's so slow i wont be able to play half-life2 when it comes out.noooooo........(deos anyone here play PC games?)
    i understand what you're saying abt the crushes that guys get but its not of his nature.i mean,he's the kinda dude that'l be blind to all .ofcourse i guess thats just plain abnormal,but artemis having a crush.even writing that makes me snicker.heh heh(wow,e-laughs really dont do my reality laughs justice).anyway,how old is juliet?18 or something,right.older than him....though i highly doubt he'll date anyone younger than him.....but you're right,his mum is his only concern.
    hey,ignotus i like your matrix quote...though it just might anger the smiths and neo...remember,we're using the computer.muhahaha...

hey deos anyone else have a crush on artemis's character.i read 24/7 and yet he's the only fictional character i love,so thats saying something.thats partly the reason why the person acting as him must be totally hot,heh heh.my friend is worried about me cos i confided about my crush......my friend now is convinced i'm gonna end up with someone in the mafia.
    deos anyone know why everyone loves artemis's character so much?

ReputationRep:
    Omg, hell yea.
    I totally luv him even though I hav never met him

My hero

I think everyone luvs him cos he is so mysterious and cool

ReputationRep:
    I have at least one favorite charactor in every book that I read. And I read close to 14 books a week, and I'm on the computer a lot now.

ReputationRep:
    hey,ignotus i like your matrix quote...though it just might anger the smiths and neo...remember,we're using the computer.muhahaha...
    Meh, well, remember when Neo and Trinity were going to save Morphius(sp?)? Well, there was a part in one scene where an elevator blew up, and that sentence just popped into my head.
    Anyway, as you can see, I've just added another one of my personal quotes-though you more than likely won't understand it if you've never read Harry Potter . . . . .But that's another discussion! )

Meh, well, remember when Neo and Trinity were going to save Morphius(sp?)? Well, there was a part in one scene where an elevator blew up, and that sentence just popped into my head.
    Anyway, as you can see, I've just added another one of my personal quotes-though you more than likely won't understand it if you've never read Harry Potter . . . . .But that's another discussion! )

EDIT: sorry-something funny went on with my computer and posted it twice. Can't delete it-so I just decided to put this instead . . .
    hey!!!!!!!!!
    dont insult me,i read more than a book a day too.hee hee,dont worry i read alot and DUH!!!!!!!!!!!i have read harry potter.who hasnt???!!!ok,many names come to mind but still,considering i have been marked a bookworm-nerd-geek hybrid.think of my name....yo-less.no "yo"s!!!actually i'm a self proclaimed yo-less cos i have an enormous inferiority complex...
    oh yeah,u are hooked onto the veil too....it drove me crazy.and looney - luna - mumbling something about the dead souls on the other side.geez,so confusing....

I have at least one favorite charactor in every book that I read. And I read close to 14 books a week, and I'm on the computer a lot now.
    i know i have fav characters in books too but he's the only one i am obsessed with.the only one i love...my one and only love...and he's not even real.nooo.............!!!!!!!!!! !!!!(though i'd like to pretend he was)

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: sorry-something funny went on with my computer and posted it twice. Can't delete it-so I just decided to put this instead . . .
    You should be able to delete it. At least I have that option for my messages. Just go to edit and there should be an option at the top that says "Don't Delete this Message" and "Delete this message"

You'll wanna pick the second one

ReputationRep:
    hey!!!!!!!!!
    dont insult me,i read more than a book a day too.hee hee,dont worry i read alot and DUH!!!!!!!!!!!i have read harry potter.who hasnt???!!!ok,many names come to mind but still,considering i have been marked a bookworm-nerd-geek hybrid.think of my name....yo-less.no "yo"s!!!actually i'm a self proclaimed yo-less cos i have an enormous inferiority complex...
    oh yeah,u are hooked onto the veil too....it drove me crazy.and looney - luna - mumbling something about the dead souls on the other side.geez,so confusing....
    Who said I was insulting you? I was just stating fact [about myself].

And thanks, Fer the Ferret. For some reason I never saw that before. . . .

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.