Watch
This discussion is closed.
Ignotus~Veritas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yo-less)
2day i went 2 a bookshop and ordered alex rider,the stormbreaker.dunno wen i'll get it but if it sucks,i'll hav u 2 blame.if its nice,i'll buy u sumthing shiny.then afterwards i'll realize i cant give it 2 u so i'll keep it 4 myself.
lol,i'm a very superficial girl.thats why i like arty....its all abt the money.muhaha....
Can you think of anything to add to the fansite? I mean, I think the countdown page was neat. But what more could I add? I'm thinking of making a Shadow Children/Bartimaeus Trilogy/[Undicided] fansite, too. Any ideas?

And does anyone (if they don't already have one) want a GMail invite? I've got four left. (And no clue what to do with them.)
yo-less
Badges: 2
Report 16 years ago
a what mail invite?
and the fansite....u shld start a subforum here at TSR and ask ppl hu are fans 2 join.
u can hav news and rumors abt the books or the movies.u can make up rumors if u cant find any,lol.
once ppl hav joined u can ask them 2 post theories abt wut they think will happen in the next book,etc.
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a what mail invite?
and the fansite....u shld start a subforum here at TSR and ask ppl hu are fans 2 join.
u can hav news and rumors abt the books or the movies.u can make up rumors if u cant find any,lol.
once ppl hav joined u can ask them 2 post theories abt wut they think will happen in the next book,etc.
A gmail invite. Go here to learn more.

I've got the first page of the other fansite up- you can take a look at it here. Personally, I like A~E~A better, but that's just me.
yo-less
Report 16 years ago
oh darvit,those books (SC~BT~VP)sound soooooooooooooo awsum.totally my kinda thing.and i'll probably never read them.darvit,darvit...
anyway,i shall start looking for them.thanx ignotus.
btw,hav u listenened 2 the linkin park/jay z album?i kept forgetting 2 ask u...
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh darvit,those books (SC~BT~VP)sound soooooooooooooo awsum.totally my kinda thing.and i'll probably never read them.darvit,darvit...
anyway,i shall start looking for them.thanx ignotus.
btw,hav u listenened 2 the linkin park/jay z album?i kept forgetting 2 ask u...
I've only heard the "Numb" remix. I didn't really like it-but I guess some people must have liked it, since I heard a lot of good reviews. But I ALSO heard that the language was really strong.

Oh, and as for the Veritas Project series, they are Christian. (So if you're not, please don't be offended.) BUT they hardly ever mention it, so a lot of people read them and don't even know. It's really just the way of thinking. I absolutly LOVE them. Though, I think Hangman's Curse had more horror in it- Nightmare Academy works more in a phsycological (sp?) way.

*looks at post* Wow . . . I'm really emotional there, aren't I? Dunno why . . .

By the way, you know how I have "In the End" on A~E~A? Do you think "Vindicated" (by Dashboard Confessional) would be okay for SC~BT~VP? Or should I save it for my next one- HP~ASoUE~IT? Or the one after that- CB~LotR~CC? (This is becoming an obsession, isn't it?)
yo-less
Report 16 years ago
it is becoming an obsession,my indesicive friend.
yeah,i didnt like numb/encore much either but the other songs are great.with a slight exception for all the swearing.man,they swear alot.but the songs are good...
i'm a christian,so no offense taken.
i luv vindicated.maybe that shld be for sc~bt~vp.
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it is becoming an obsession,my indesicive friend.
yeah,i didnt like numb/encore much either but the other songs are great.with a slight exception for all the swearing.man,they swear alot.but the songs are good...
i'm a christian,so no offense taken.
i luv vindicated.maybe that shld be for sc~bt~vp.
You're Christian too? Cool!

As for Vindicated, I'll got put it up right now . . .( It would go great with the Bartimeaus Trilogy because of Nathanial.)

So how much longer do you think it would be until you get Stormbraker?

As for the nemb/encore, which song was the best? Oh, and I got "the Chronicles of Life and Death" for Christmas (the "Life" version). It was okay.

So . . . . what do we talk about now?
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Okay, I was really, really bored, so I just made this on some site . . .(does it look anything like Artemis? I've tried Holly, but can't do it. Why don't you, yo-less, give it a try?)

yo-less
Report 16 years ago
awwww.that is so cute.(the pic)
to join that mailing group i told u abt,go 2 www.smartgroups.com,and u shld register for the artemis fowl mailing group.i would explain more but my grandma is screaming at me 2 *** 4 dinner and i distinctly heard the sound of a rat *shudder* squeaking so i think its better for me 2 leave this room now.
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
awwww.that is so cute.(the pic)
to join that mailing group i told u abt,go 2 www.smartgroups.com,and u shld register for the artemis fowl mailing group.i would explain more but my grandma is screaming at me 2 *** 4 dinner and i distinctly heard the sound of a rat *shudder* squeaking so i think its better for me 2 leave this room now.
Can you tell me more about the mailing group before I join?
yo-less
Report 16 years ago
ok.we um...discuss artemis and u can make ur own arty quizes and the other members can do it and u can view their results.right now we were discussing who shld play holly in the movie.halle berry is a popular choice.
u can mail fanfic,fanart(ahh,like the cute one u showed me) and just now we were pointing out errors eoin colfer made.or weird stuff which cld suggest irony.like mulch getting his info from arty facts.arty?very weird.and uh,at the start of fowl files it says for Finn,artemis's best friend.whats that supposed to mean?
also,eoin uses the same names alot.like stefan bashkir.
out of topic but do u listen to greenday(hav i already asked u that before?)what other music do u listen to?
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ok.we um...discuss artemis and u can make ur own arty quizes and the other members can do it and u can view their results.right now we were discussing who shld play holly in the movie.halle berry is a popular choice.
u can mail fanfic,fanart(ahh,like the cute one u showed me) and just now we were pointing out errors eoin colfer made.or weird stuff which cld suggest irony.like mulch getting his info from arty facts.arty?very weird.and uh,at the start of fowl files it says for Finn,artemis's best friend.whats that supposed to mean?
also,eoin uses the same names alot.like stefan bashkir.
out of topic but do u listen to greenday(hav i already asked u that before?)what other music do u listen to?

I hate Green Day. (I'm a Repub.)

I like Switchfoot (Totally different Genre) I also like Simple Plan (well, some of their songs, anyway) Avril Lavigne (don't kill me!) Evenesence. (And all that's besides Linkin Park and Good Charlotte.)

Oh, and speaking of repeating things, Colfer must like short people (Mulch, Ditto.) AND I think Phoenitix (sp?) was mentioned (in passing) in the Supernatralist. Is it going to be a series. (Super., that is.)
yo-less
Report 16 years ago
hope supernaturalists is a series....very different
u like avril lavigne??*shakes head dissapprovingly*.ah well its like i like greenday and u don't.i didnt know u were a repub.
i like simple plan against my will.they're punk!i dont usually like punk ..
i like switchfoot*bounces up and down excitedly*"we were meant 2 live for so much more....."*voice cracks*
hey i PMed u.answer soon.
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hope supernaturalists is a series....very different
u like avril lavigne??*shakes head dissapprovingly*.ah well its like i like greenday and u don't.i didnt know u were a repub.
i like simple plan against my will.they're punk!i dont usually like punk ..
i like switchfoot*bounces up and down excitedly*"we were meant 2 live for so much more....."*voice cracks*
hey i PMed u.answer soon.
You mean about how to make a website? I already replied to that . . .

And I will be very upset if Supernatralist is not a series . . . we were left hanging and without much info! When you read the end, you'll see what I mean. They even SAID they were planning more . . .

Oh, and I joined the mailing list. (Actually, I joined ONE of the Arty mailing lists; I wasn't sure which one you joined, so I went by summery as much as I could.

BTW, did you know that Switchfoot was Alternative Christian? (Meaning they're still a Christian group, but their songs aren't all that obvious.) Do you like the song 24?

And I guess Maroon 5 and Matchbox 20 are ok. But they aren't my favorites; and on top of that, I only know a few of their songs.
Do you like Trapt?
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Stefan from the Supernaturalists sounds hot. (But Artemis is still No. 1#!)
I'm too obsessed with Eoin Colfer books.
I loved Supernaturalist. It's probably better than the Wish List....actually, I can't decide...
wottabout
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love Greenday.
Here's a list of my favorite Eoin Colfer books in order starting with most favorite:
1. Artemis Fowl Files
2. Artemis Fowl 1
3. Artemis Fowl 3
4. The Supernaturalist
5. The Wish List
6. Artemis Fowl 2
yo-less
Report 16 years ago
i just luv it wen ppl unexpectedly pop up outta nowhere.hi independant and wottabout;nice siggy.and yeah,greenday rox!
ah trapt...like them.heh heh,my mum unfortunately saw the cd the and parental advisory; it was the 1rst time she realised i listened 2...er..fowl music.wasnt very pleased.hmph!they only swear badly once though,if i remember correctly.
ignotus,the arty mailing list i joined was the 1rst one on the list.abt rumors and fanfic...
independant,i was quite upset when stefan from supernaturalists died.i think sum of my friends nearly died with him;one was crying and the other was wailing "why deos the hot guy always die?!?".lol.
i didnt know switchfoot was christian.weird.and i luv 24...the song,not the show.havent watched the show actually.
my fav colfer books;
1.eternity code(arty 3)
2.arty fowl files
3.arty;arctic incident
4.supernaturalists
5.arty fowl1
6.wish list
yo-less
Report 16 years ago
this may seem weird and inappropriate,but my friends and i act out skits from artemis fowl books.i'm always arty*bows blushing,thank u,ur so kind*.unfortunately,can't remember wut an irish accent is like so i instead do this weird accent that,to be honest,makes him sound gay*cringe,sorry arty*
ppl keep saying tom felton(draco malfoy) shld be arty.wut are ur views on that?
Ignotus~Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yoless- there's a show called 24? I never knew that. But the song 24 is about salvation.

Tom Felton as Arty? You have GOT to be kidding me. Besides, he's already, what? 17 now? So by the time he finishes up with Harry Potter . . . I don't think he'll be able to pass as 12. Not only that, but hopefully the movie would have already been filmed by then . . .

Ang guess what? Opal Deception is going the be 320 pages (hardback)! whereas the e.c. was only 303 (hardback)!

I wonder how Opal clones herself . . .
Fer the Ferret
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ignotus~Veritas)
I wonder how Opal clones herself . . .
Ok, I'm going to probably be booed out of the club or somethin' for this, but...I cannot remember who Opal is. It's been over a year since I read the first book and almost a year since I read the other two.

Note: Have not read Artemis Files yet so if it's mentioned in there, Whoop!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (225)
51.25%
No (214)
48.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed