Watch
This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by peppermint_patt)
hey, I'm new.....how do you guys imagine Artemis? I was watching ET the other day, and i think the boy (Henry Thomas) looks exactly like I picture Arty....Of course, hes about 30 now...but someone who looks like he used to would be perfect for the role.

What do you guys think?

lil x
who cares
Ellen Rebecca
Report 17 years ago
That "Four Windmills" thing was a bit of a mix-up (and a badly designed bit of cover presentation if you ask me). I had a look to see what this was all about and found out that it's definately NOT the title, I think it's the company who sell certain copies of the books or the tapes or something like that any way (OK, I know I'm sounding stupid now, but it's not important).

The title of the fourth Artemis Fowl book is Artemis Fowl and The Seventh Dwarf - Mulch obviously, good news for Mulich fans - and GOD am I looking forward to it! I miss Artemis.
Mulch and Foaly are very funny, Holly Short is super cool, but Artemis is my favourite.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I can't not believe that this thread has had something likw 62 replys when artimous fowl is most likely, actually certainly the worse book i have ever read in the whole of my life including railway children and the secret garden. Its so boring and immature the vocabulary is repeated.
SMoffa
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I got one of the books for christmas, was wondering if anyone could list all the books in reading order so I know what to read and when. How did you decode the code at the bottom of the pages! It must take ages!
The order is Artemis Fowl, Artemis Fowl the Arctic Incedent, and Artemis Fowl the eternity Code
SMoffa
Report 17 years ago
If anyone knows anything like Titles, release dates, or casts for the new Artemis book or movie pleeeeeeeeeease post it here
choco_frog_chic
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ellen Rebecca)
That "Four Windmills" thing was a bit of a mix-up (and a badly designed bit of cover presentation if you ask me). I had a look to see what this was all about and found out that it's definately NOT the title, I think it's the company who sell certain copies of the books or the tapes or something like that any way (OK, I know I'm sounding stupid now, but it's not important).

The title of the fourth Artemis Fowl book is Artemis Fowl and The Seventh Dwarf - Mulch obviously, good news for Mulich fans - and GOD am I looking forward to it! I miss Artemis.
Mulch and Foaly are very funny, Holly Short is super cool, but Artemis is my favourite.
The Seventh Dwarf is not the 4th book. It is a mini-book, selling really cheap, on World Book Day. the 4th book is rumoured (i don't kno if it's official) to be called Artemis Fowl: The Opal deception. From what I've heard, it sounds like it might be just a crummy sequel riding on the success of the first 3 books. I hope it isnt, of course, but thats what it sounds like. u kno, the revenge of a really weak villain, and probably a bit like the 1st book, with Artemis rediscovering the People's world.
smartguy42
Report 17 years ago
www.comingsoon.net first said that Artemis Fowl was coming out summer 2004, but now they say that it's not coming out at all! Sorry, but it looks like there's no movie for now.
SMoffa
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by smartguy42)
www.comingsoon.net first said that Artemis Fowl was coming out summer 2004, but now they say that it's not coming out at all! Sorry, but it looks like there's no movie for now.
I checked www.comingsoon.net and it says that the released date hasn't been anounced yet but the movie is still coming
SMoffa
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by SMoffa)
I checked www.comingsoon.net and it says that the released date hasn't been anounced yet but the movie is still coming
forget all that stuff its just comingsoon.net
smartguy42
Report 17 years ago
I don't know, but I really do hope you're right.
choco_frog_chic
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
I can't not believe that this thread has had something likw 62 replys when artimous fowl is most likely, actually certainly the worse book i have ever read in the whole of my life including railway children and the secret garden. Its so boring and immature the vocabulary is repeated.
If you don't like AF, then y r u on this thread? Do u honestly think that all these ppl who came to this thread want 2 listen 2 u sound off @ how "boring & immature" it is?? Sorry, but no. If you ask me, you're the boring & immature 1.
SMoffa
Report 17 years ago
there was a rumor going around that eoin colfer wanted cameron diaz to play holly but i'm not sure if it's true
choco_frog_chic
Report 17 years ago
there was a rumor going around that eoin colfer wanted cameron diaz to play holly but i'm not sure if it's true
ya, i heard that 1 too. no one knows (except for eoin, the actress, the casting ppl, etc.) whos gonna play holly; but i think that its a fact that the actress is american.
choco_frog_chic
Report 17 years ago
forget all that stuff its just comingsoon.net
i agree. alot of entertainment sites, like coming soon! and the imdb always post rumours like they're facts, and are always so sure of themselves; but they're often wrong. but just out of interest, coming soon! now has moved AF from Summer 2004 TBA to just plain TBA. bummer.
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
whoa, is this the place where the one-time-newbies go in the daytime or something?
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by choco_frog_chic)
If you don't like AF, then y r u on this thread? Do u honestly think that all these ppl who came to this thread want 2 listen 2 u sound off @ how "boring & immature" it is?? Sorry, but no. If you ask me, you're the boring & immature 1.
Yes, I'm deeply apologetic for getting my views across.
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i tried to like Artemis fowl really I did but i just couldn't seem to get into it. I had lots of questions that wern't answered for me (although that might be because i didn't start with the first book). Don't get me wrong i enjoyed reading the books but it didn't have that extra spark that made me addicted to the series and as a result i don't care what happens to the characters and i've only read 2 of the books.
Julia O.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
i tried to like Artemis fowl really I did but i just couldn't seem to get into it. I had lots of questions that wern't answered for me (although that might be because i didn't start with the first book). Don't get me wrong i enjoyed reading the books but it didn't have that extra spark that made me addicted to the series and as a result i don't care what happens to the characters and i've only read 2 of the books.
i rate artemis with harry potter; ok but nothing to make a big fuss over
choco_frog_chic
Report 17 years ago
hey ppl! i just wanted to point out that this is a thread for the artemis fowl MOVIE and updates on it. i thought it wud be fun if - and this is directed @ ppl who like artemis fowl and r interested in what the movie wud be like - if ppl posted their predictions for the cast. im surprised no-ones done that yet :cool: . plz and thanku .
HoNeYdUkeS
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ruenna)

In my opinion, Tom Felton should play Artemis. He plays "Draco Malfoy" in the Harry Potter movies. What do you think?

-Ruenna
I agree ruenna! tom's the perfect one for the famous artemis fowl. everytime i read the series, it seems like the picture i always imagine is "draco malfoy"...and he's cute anyway.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (207)
51.88%
No (192)
48.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise