Artemis Fowl Movie Update

Watch
This discussion is closed.
DeeEm
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
the reason why is cos it was one of the top 10 grossing films of 2001... its all corporate! keep reading arty. you might also enjoy books by paul jennings, if you like arty. just a suggestion.
choco_frog_chic
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DeeEm)
the reason why is cos it was one of the top 10 grossing films of 2001... its all corporate! keep reading arty. you might also enjoy books by paul jennings, if you like arty. just a suggestion.
hmm... what duz he write??
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Paul Jennings writes quirky short stories. They are pretty goood!
They are everywhere.
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
BTW, i just want to say I seriously hope that the Arty movie doesn't turn out to be lik the HP movies. Sorry, but the HP movies are a bit of a disappointment.
choco_frog_chic
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~independent~)
BTW, i just want to say I seriously hope that the Arty movie doesn't turn out to be lik the HP movies. Sorry, but the HP movies are a bit of a disappointment.
mm... yes the HP movies were VERY disappointing. i luved the books but the movies make me ashamed to be an HP fan. a dramatic difference between the two series is that the HP movies were awfully rushed and pressured... and obviously, the arty ppl arent exactly speeding thru this production, r they?? i think i'll check out those paul jennings stories in the meantime. they sound good - i luv quirky!!
ernestato
Report 16 years ago
artemis fowl must find mulch diggums!!!!!! :eek:
choco_frog_chic
Report 16 years ago
woah... calm down there, buddy. we kno.
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
we say our age so ppl dont think that were 30- year old petifiles
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fowlfanfreak)
sup guys

the new book is going to be called
the adventure of mulch diggums

ARTIMIS FOWL ROCKS!!!!! :cool:
Its not frikin called the adventchures of mulch diggums
"but i like the your inthusyasim about artemis fowl ya!!!"
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
THE MOVIE MITE COME OUT IN SUMMER 2004 yaaaaaaa!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Rinok12
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
my friend said that he found the Arty trailer but i dont beleav him :cool:
MrsSnufkin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so hve they actually made the film yet then?
MrsSnufkin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know that this is a teensy little bit off subject
artemis fowl- holly short- fairies- fairy tales
but i want to know if anyone else here knows how prince charming woke up sleeping beauty
because it was not with a kiss
I mean- he was basically a necrophiliac
she was asleep and he raped her!
i bet they didn't put that in the disney version
oh yeah
so basically 'prince charming' sees this sleeping body, ****s it and the body gives birth to two twins.
one of the twins sucks on it's mother's finger and the little bit of flax from the spinning wheel comes out
she wakes up
and falls in love with the prince
but still.......................
okay so 'teensy' is a bit of an exaggeration but i just thought that I could make it known to all those people waithing for their 'prince charming'
p.s. am I the only person who would feel a bit stupid going up to a complete stranger and saying 'Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums'
p.p.s. Can I also point out a little thing to 'Rinok12' that i believe that 'petifiles' is actually spelt 'paedophile'? I know that it's being picky but it drove me a bit mad thinking that I had kept spelling it wrong (even though i seldom write the word) until I found a dictionary.
p.p.p.s. You can tell that i'm new to this message board thingy and i'm a bit unsure.
Gaylord Queer
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Arty Fan)
Hello! If you love Artemis Fowl as I do, then you will love coming onto this thread and posting any new info about the Artemis Fowl movie which they are supposed to be filming. Remember, keep this on the subject of the Artemis Fowl movie only please. Discussion about the 4th book is great too.
Never 'erd of him.
MrsSnufkin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hee hee hee
I've just noticed another grammar mistake
It's just that I read 'Eats, Shoots and Leaves'
I still have crap grammar but la la la la la
Never 'erd of him
apostrophe is replacing the letter h
so it should be
Never 'eard of him
oh well
in america
there was a sign saying' ******'s out'
and someone had written
'but he'll be back again later'
artemis fowl is a great book and you should read it
choco_frog_chic
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rinok12)
we say our age so ppl dont think that were 30- year old petifiles
lol... how do you kno we're not just lying?? don't worry, i'm no paedophile (is that how you spell it? happy now, piggysqueak) and no, the movie has not been made. . . you'd think u'd have picked that up from how clueless we are as to the movie. and about that sleeping beauty thing, yes that was VERY off-subject, i suppose it was interesting but very disturbing. i thot disney made up the story sleeping beauty - shows how much i kno. the da vinci code implies that disney embedded moral messages and meanings in the story, but then that book's part fiction... i loved that book, any1 who hasnt read it should. sorry, i'll stop babbling now.
~*rAcH*~
Report 16 years ago
Hey, how long does it take you guys to crack the code?
I cheated by going to the Eoin Colfer website......
Ruenna
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fowlfanfreak)
sup guys

the new book is going to be called
the adventure of mulch diggums

ARTIMIS FOWL ROCKS!!!!! :cool:

Sorry, but Eoin Colfer said it would be called "The Opal Deception."
Ruenna
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rinok12)
THE MOVIE MITE COME OUT IN SUMMER 2004 yaaaaaaa!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Um... If you haven't noticed, it is the summer of 2004. They would at least have trailers showing by now.
MrsSnufkin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Before I stop being picky for once and for all can I just say that technically summer begins on the 21st of June so still a minimum of two months.
Now I've got that out of my system.
Wouldn't it be terrible if they tried to pick actors so that everyone would watch the film just 'cos they were 'fit'?
It has that potential though,
Cameron Diaz as Holly Short?
*COUGH COUGH*
I also don't really believe about those code things though
Did anyone hear about the bible predicting the end of the world?
In 2006?
I got terrified until I convinced myself it was rubbish.
I am also pretty sure that I am not the only person in the world who feels a bit embarassed when you give someone a copy of AF to read saying it's really good
And then they read the blurb
'His bodyguard, Butler, will be with him. What could possibly go wrong?'
The book tries so hard not to be cliche and melodramatic but you can almost hear the 'da da dum' after the synopsis.
They must be doing a really good job of covering up the film though,
Absence makes the heart grow fonder...?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (556)
50.36%
No (548)
49.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed