Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by staylor)
    So did I win?
    yes damnit!!

cheater:evil:is this how you aced your exams?:security:

for all of you who do not believe that Nathaniel is hot - yes,i mean the dude from Bartimaeus Trilogy - please read the following excerpt from the latest book,Ptolemy's Gate:

If Ms Piper regarded her employer with more than a little wide-eyed admiration, she was by no means alone in the women of the elite. John Mandrake was and attractive young man, and the scent of power hung about him, sweet and intoxicating, like honeysuckle in the evening air. He was of medium height, slender of body, and swift and confident in action. His pale, slim face presented and intriguing paradox, combining extreme youth-he was still only seventeen years old- with experience and authority. His eyes were dark and quick and serious, his forehead prematurely lined.

His intellectual self-assurance, which had once perilously outstripped his other skills, had now been bolstered by a certain social poise. To peers and inferiors alike he was remote, as if distracted by an inner melancholy. Alongside the crude appetites eccentricities of his fellow ministers, this subdued detachment attained an elegance that only added to his mystique.

Mandrake wore his dark hair in a close military crop- a conscious innovation to honour the men and women still at war. It had been a successful gesture: spies noted that, among the commoners, he was the most popular magician. His haircut had thus been mimicked by many others, while his dark suits had likewise inspired a brief vogue. He no longer bothered to with a tie: the collar of his shirt was casually unbuttoned.

--------------
    :love: hubba hubba...as hot as Artemis now
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by yo-less)
    i'm a subscriber - thanks to AndrewsJoseph who subscribed me:party: - and i thus have the ability to have a huge avatar,access to secret subscriber forums,ability to see who repped me and how much they gave,how many points i give when i rep someone,my very own usertitle etc
    I was not aware of this 'huge avatar for subs' rule :eek: What happens when the subscription runs out, does your avatar dissapear :eek:

:askpig:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    for all of you who do not believe that Nathaniel is hot - yes,i mean the dude from Bartimaeus Trilogy - please read the following excerpt from the latest book,Ptolemy's Gate:

If Ms Piper regarded her employer with more than a little wide-eyed admiration, she was by no means alone in the women of the elite. John Mandrake was and attractive young man, and the scent of power hung about him, sweet and intoxicating, like honeysuckle in the evening air. He was of medium height, slender of body, and swift and confident in action. His pale, slim face presented and intriguing paradox, combining extreme youth-he was still only seventeen years old- with experience and authority. His eyes were dark and quick and serious, his forehead prematurely lined.

His intellectual self-assurance, which had once perilously outstripped his other skills, had now been bolstered by a certain social poise. To peers and inferiors alike he was remote, as if distracted by an inner melancholy. Alongside the crude appetites eccentricities of his fellow ministers, this subdued detachment attained an elegance that only added to his mystique.

Mandrake wore his dark hair in a close military crop- a conscious innovation to honour the men and women still at war. It had been a successful gesture: spies noted that, among the commoners, he was the most popular magician. His haircut had thus been mimicked by many others, while his dark suits had likewise inspired a brief vogue. He no longer bothered to with a tie: the collar of his shirt was casually unbuttoned.

--------------
    :love: hubba hubba...as hot as Artemis now
    Whatever.

(Original post by staylor)
    Whatever.
    who's that?

ReputationRep:
    sorry, I just typed the first word that came into my head
    --------------
    Aww, ptolemy's Gate is £7.79 - I dont have that much

the first word that comes into my word is...bleurgh:confused: :wtf?:
    --------

as or the book,i still haven't used the book vouchers i got for my bday:evil: muhahaha...

ReputationRep:
    I'm buying Ptoley's Gate in a few eeks with birthday vouchers! Huzzuh for birthdays!
    And don't care, Nathaniel will always be the greasy haired puffle-pad I know and hate!

*considers leaving the artemis forum*

ReputationRep:
    Awww! Don't go. Don't get upset, just because I think Nathaniel is the absolute scum of the Earth, and doesn't deserve a place on the planet!
    Don't do that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho_Gerbil)
    I'm buying Ptoley's Gate in a few eeks with birthday vouchers! Huzzuh for birthdays!
    And don't care, Nathaniel will always be the greasy haired puffle-pad I know and hate!
    Frankly I have to agree - he's detestable. So is that resistance woman for that matter. Only Bartimaeus is worth reading.

Sorry yo-less but its true.

I do find fault with you Psycho Gerbil in one respect - nobody should have a link to the chicken licken film about their person.

chicken licken..?*clucks*

crazy ****:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    <This any better???

(Good enough for rep maybe!)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys have any of you noticed a singular lack of good Artemis Fowl fansites?
    Because I've just noticed that if you type Artemis Fowl into google, all it comes up with is, The Artemis Fowl Fun Site (which hasn't been updated since 2002), Artemis Fowl.com which is very boring and is basically advertisement and Artemis Fowl.co.uk which is a bit better but very small. And then after those you just get websites which just have references to the books like say, Amazon.
    I think it is unfair because Harry Potter has some great fansites like Mugglenet for example. Heck it even has it's own Fanfic websites!
    So if anyone knows of any other Artemis Fowl fansites please let me know. Or if they're aren't maybe I should make one! Waddya think? :p: :p: :p: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    From andrewsjoseph sig.
    [QUOTE]My most +ve repped post so far was...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by andrewsjoseph

...in the 'count to 1 Million thread'...Why?!?

[QUOTE]

I think that might have been me! I'm just repping people in the hope I'll get repped back. :rolleyes: But also, the way you typed 985 was very masterful!!

ReputationRep:
    <This any better???

Singularly so! Ill rep you in about 13 hours.

<This any better???

i'll rep you tommorow:hugs: i just repped Wottabout and she got her 2nd gem i love my rep now,with 7 shiny gems,i give out soo much.which means it's my fellow evil vampires who benefit by associating with me.

guess that's why everyone talks to me,eh?

PS:btw Staylor,if you care,though you probably don't:rolleyes:,i got my 7th shiny at 4000 points,not 3600.your prediction was wrong...your powers as a seer suck!

(Original post by Katranat)
    Hey guys have any of you noticed a singular lack of good Artemis Fowl fansites?
    Because I've just noticed that if you type Artemis Fowl into google, all it comes up with is, The Artemis Fowl Fun Site (which hasn't been updated since 2002), Artemis Fowl.com which is very boring and is basically advertisement and Artemis Fowl.co.uk which is a bit better but very small. And then after those you just get websites which just have references to the books like say, Amazon.
    I think it is unfair because Harry Potter has some great fansites like Mugglenet for example. Heck it even has it's own Fanfic websites!
    So if anyone knows of any other Artemis Fowl fansites please let me know. Or if they're aren't maybe I should make one! Waddya think? :p: :p: :p: :p: :p:
    i dunno...i haven't been on www.fanfiction.net for a while now...other than that site,nothing i think...:hmmmm2:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    [QUOTE=Psycho_Gerbil]From andrewsjoseph sig.
    [QUOTE]My most +ve repped post so far was...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by andrewsjoseph

...in the 'count to 1 Million thread'...Why?!?

I think that might have been me! I'm just repping people in the hope I'll get repped back. :rolleyes: But also, the way you typed 985 was very masterful!!
    Yes, it was you. About 54 seconds after lirael repped the same post giving the same reason :eek:

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.