The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
temilola
even the bikini area??

5/10 :smile:
MattG
Right need some advice ladies, me and a mate have decided to get our legs waxed to raise money for a kenya trip we are going on. however to save money and so people can watch (sadistic buggers) we're having it done by a friend...

so what equipment do we need and so forth?

and is it advisable to shorten the hairs on my legs? will it hurt more with longer hairs than normal? (cus i'm a hairy bugger)

right, don't think I'm weird but I actually know the recipe for homemade wax (which is pretty good if done properly) so if you want to lower your costs PM me...
Reply 62
Natalie Lane
right, don't think I'm weird but I actually know the recipe for homemade wax (which is pretty good if done properly) so if you want to lower your costs PM me...

You can pm that to me if ya want :wink: You are in the home of the waxing queens after all.

Oo how was Salvador? :smile:
Sarky

You can pm that to me if ya want :wink: You are in the home of the waxing queens after all.

Oo how was Salvador? :smile:

will do...

Salvador was amazing (though that's not a surprise :smile: )
Reply 64
Waxing seems dreadfully painful. I use this stuff from Superdrug which is only 99p and all you have to do is rub it in circular motions on your legs. Not only does it remove all hairs but it exfoliates too-completely painless! Don't need to wash it off or anything-do it whilst watching tv. They have some for the upper lip as well but they're a little harsher-it was burning for like a day!!!!!!!
Reply 65
ruthiepooos
Waxing seems dreadfully painful. I use this stuff from Superdrug which is only 99p and all you have to do is rub it in circular motions on your legs. Not only does it remove all hairs but it exfoliates too-completely painless! They have some for the upper lip as well but they're a little harsher-it was burning for like a day!!!!!!!

That sounds like an advertisement-I do apologise! :biggrin:
Reply 66
ruthiepooos
That sounds like an advertisement-I do apologise! :biggrin:

Its not that bad actually. Today was my first ever time i've been waxed professionally it really didn't hurt for longer than about 15 secs. :smile:
Reply 67
It is good apparently and makes the hair grow back thinner! Though I can understand why men see it as really painful due to their hairyness.
Reply 68
ruthiepooos
It is good apparently and makes the hair grow back thinner! Though I can understand why men see it as really painful due to their hairyness.

Yeah thats why i went for it, over time the hair will grow back less and less :smile:
I wouldn't mind getting a brazilian but I'm terrified (of many things, mainly the pain and the possibility that they'll think I'm overgrown down there or something).

I use hair removal cream at the moment but the hair grows back far too quickly and stubbly..

I have actually tried to wax myself but I'm convinced those ready-to-wax strips don't work and that really expensive hair removal stuff(Nads) is equally as rubbish (of course it is more likely that I just can't wax properly).

Would a brazilian be expensive? Is it embarrassing getting your bits waxed "professionally"? Do you need to take your panties off?

:frown:
Reply 70
marychrist
I wouldn't mind getting a brazilian but I'm terrified (of many things, mainly the pain and the possibility that they'll think I'm overgrown down there or something).

I use hair removal cream at the moment but the hair grows back far too quickly and stubbly..

I have actually tried to wax myself but I'm convinced those ready-to-wax strips don't work and that really expensive hair removal stuff(Nads) is equally as rubbish (of course it is more likely that I just can't wax properly).

Would a brazilian be expensive? Is it embarrassing getting your bits waxed "professionally"? Do you need to take your panties off?

They see so many people that as soon as its over they probably forget all about you. I like to think of it like that anyway. I doubt i'm that special that they'll be thinking about my bits for ages! I would be lying if i said it didn't hurt, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as i thought it would be. You can take painkillers before hand and they put some cream on the area.

Some people can wax themselves fine but i'm rubbish at it, and wanted to get it done properly. Maybe i'll try doing it myself again once i've been there a few more times.

I didn't find it embarassing, just got on with it. The lady doing it was chatting away while it was done. All i did was place some toilet paper around the lines of my knicker to stop wax getting on them and then move them at the way at appropriate moments. Some salons give you paper underwear.

I paid £25 for a full leg and bikini wax in Southampton. :smile:
Reply 71
AHHHHHHHHH the idea of a bikini wax is so AHHHHH, I could never do it due to my unbearable low pain threshhold! Plus I was put of it for life when I saw that music video that consisted of girls faces as they were getting a bikini wax and it looked painful:frown:
Reply 72
marychrist

For a Brazilian you wear thiese tiny paper pants, they're quite funny! And for a hollywood, well, youtake everything off! But like Sarky said, it really isn't embarassing, they've seen it so many times before!
Reply 73
ruthiepooos
AHHHHHHHHH the idea of a bikini wax is so AHHHHH, I could never do it due to my unbearable low pain threshhold! Plus I was put of it for life when I saw that music video that consisted of girls faces as they were getting a bikini wax and it looked painful:frown:

I managed to keep a straight face and didn't scream or grimace and i have quite a low pain threshold. Not sure how but i did!
Sarky

They see so many people that as soon as its over they probably forget all about you. I like to think of it like that anyway. I doubt i'm that special that they'll be thinking about my bits for ages! I would be lying if i said it didn't hurt, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as i thought it would be. You can take painkillers before hand and they put some cream on the area.

Some people can wax themselves fine but i'm rubbish at it, and wanted to get it done properly. Maybe i'll try doing it myself again once i've been there a few more times.

I didn't find it embarassing, just got on with it. The lady doing it was chatting away while it was done. All i did was place some toilet paper around the lines of my knicker to stop wax getting on them and then move them at the way at appropriate moments. Some salons give you paper underwear.

I think I'm going to try and persuade some friends to get it done so we can be true girls and go together! Haha. My lack of salon etiquette is making me nervous.
Chardonnay
For a Brazilian you wear thiese tiny paper pants, they're quite funny! And for a hollywood, well, youtake everything off! But like Sarky said, it really isn't embarassing, they've seen it so many times before!

yeh I looked brazilian waxing up and saw that you need to wear paper pants, the website I was looking at specified that it's not something for the shy! so I might start with an ordinary bikini wax..
Sarky

Where in Southampton did you get it done? I went to one in Winchester, and it wasn't the best.
Reply 77
Does anybody epilate? I do but its so painful :frown: Any tips on reducing the pain?
Reply 78
Chickadee
Does anybody epilate? I do but its so painful :frown: Any tips on reducing the pain?

I wanted to get an epilator. Does it work?
Reply 79
it hurts like buggery and no it doesn't ever get any less painful. It hurts more than waxing. I can normally manage one leg and then I get squemish and shave the other.

My new fad is the babyliss simply smooth it works really well but you still have to shave some of the more awkward areas like ankles and knees.

Latest

Trending

Trending