Turn on thread page Beta

Waxing... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I wanted to get an epilator. Does it work?
    It does, its quite good really. I dont use it on my legs because I just prefer shaving but I use it on my bikini line. On the whole area in fact. Its fairly quick and the hairs stay away for ages and grow back all soft and downy Its a pretty noisy contraption though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    it hurts like buggery and no it doesn't ever get any less painful. It hurts more than waxing. I can normally manage one leg and then I get squemish and shave the other.

My new fad is the babyliss simply smooth it works really well but you still have to shave some of the more awkward areas like ankles and knees.
    Somebodt told me to take an asprin and a glass of wine. Knowing me I'll probly get drunk and epilate my head or something! :p: I usually try and numb the skin and put talc on but its still pretty bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickadee)
    Somebodt told me to take an asprin and a glass of wine. Knowing me I'll probly get drunk and epilate my head or something! :p: I usually try and numb the skin and put talc on but its still pretty bad
    You aren't meant to use any moisturiser or talc on your legs before you epilate. Not sure why but it specifically says not to use anything in my instruction manual.

ReputationRep:
    You aren't meant to use any moisturiser or talc on your legs before you epilate. Not sure why but it specifically says not to use anything in my instruction manual.
    Does it? ooooops Better stop with that then!

ReputationRep:
    Epilators are really painful but effective-on this camp thing last year a guy volunteered to be 'epilated' we filmed it!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is just my model of epilator it says it in the manual I think its something to do with keeping the blade things in good working order.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is just my model of epilator it says it in the manual I think its something to do with keeping the blade things in good working order.
    Ok, cheers. I'll check my manual then...I dont wanna mess it up I think i'll epilate later - ive got the afternoon to mentally prepare myself for the pain! :p:

ReputationRep:
    wow you are so much braver than me. My babyliss thing is loads nicer.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, Im a fool thats what I am :p: I also have one of those but just tend to use it while I am on holiday. I think the worst thing with epilating is that loud whirring noise and you see the blades going towards your skin and you just wanna run away :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sarky..that sounds a really good deal, I've been meaning to go get waxed in Soton but haven't found anywhere! Could you be a lovely and let me know the place if you have the chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Sarky..that sounds a really good deal, I've been meaning to go get waxed in Soton but haven't found anywhere! Could you be a lovely and let me know the place if you have the chance
    Sure thing i'm just pming you now

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Sure thing i'm just pming you now
    Could you tell me the place too please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    Could you tell me the place too please?
    yeah no probs

ReputationRep:
    dont know if uve had it done by now bt jst have a few paracetamol before hand nd you'll be fine. its just like ripping off a plaster!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realicetic)
    dont know if uve had it done by now bt jst have a few paracetamol before hand nd you'll be fine. its just like ripping off a plaster!!!
    Yup i've had it done now. Didn't hurt too much thanks although i've heard the thing about paracetomol before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Yup i've had it done now. Didn't hurt too much thanks although i've heard the thing about paracetomol before.
    lol. glad it was ok. im having mine done on wednesday. eek !!!

i hav just been on the antidepressent thread and was reading ur reply. hope u are ok. I hav been pretty messed up too and know the feeling.

take care
    xxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realicetic)
    lol. glad it was ok. im having mine done on wednesday. eek !!!

i hav just been on the antidepressent thread and was reading ur reply. hope u are ok. I hav been pretty messed up too and know the feeling.

take care
    xxxxxxxx
    Thank you thats really sweet of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

I'm getting my legs waxed tomorrow! And my bikini line. Ahem.
    Goodluck (if you haven't had it yet) And here's a tip from one of the TSR hair advisor's ( ):

Get it done in the morning! :cool:

Luv from DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Would that be the Babyliss Professional Simply Smooth?

If so, I recommend them unreservedly. Lovely smooth skin afterwards.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2005
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.