Half Price Subscription Offer - Now On!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
yeh sort of agree, but £2.50 for a whole month really isnt alot. Plus your helping the forum to keep going and improve, but whether the money would actually do this (or end up in someones back pocket) is anyones guess.
i understand that TSR, being popular, is a victim of its own success regarding server hosting and such. also the situation is slightly different because i presume A is paid as an admin for D. but the thing is improvements on the site just rely on time, not money. all added extras on this site is easily done within the forum software. which many forums are successful in doing without requiring funds.

the main issue is server costs, but i would accept increased advertising if it was effective.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
You're right I think somthing like a private blog or somthing would be a good idea (i.e you're mum dad are not going to find it on google).
you just want it to say you suggested it :p:
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
If £2.50 worth of penny chews were placed on top of each other, they would (probably) reach about the same height as me. Now that's worth the cash just to find out.
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pig)
There are currently 37 games in the arcade, with more being added regularly.
Maybe you could put your "TSR Times" as a regular feature in there, if it didn't mean you being instantly sued by Charlie Brooker and TV Go Home.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
there is not much way people can sign up to be a sub. Some people on here don't have credit cards/paypal accounts. If there was more ways people could susbscribe im sure you would get more subscribers. I and probably a lot of other people don't have a paypal account. I still reckon an sms server would be cool.
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gd87e)
there is not much way people can sign up to be a sub. Some people on here don't have credit cards/paypal accounts. If there was more ways people could susbscribe im sure you would get more subscribers. I and probably a lot of other people don't have a paypal account. I still reckon an sms server would be cool.
And would cost a lot more money.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it might be more expensive but if u had a trial on it and see how good/bad it actually goes you could then get an idea if people would be interested in using it.
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pig)
Sued for what exactly? The fact that he based it on the Radio Times and therefore does not have IPR over the format?
Hmmm, you've given me a none-too-original idea for a website.
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Will I get the special offer if I subscribe at end of March?
DaveManUK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pig)
Yes.
Can i subscribe for 29 days at a time?
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pig)
No, it lasts a month. And you can't resubscribe to extend your subscription perioud while you still have an active subscription, for any of you who were thinking you could pay for loads of £2.50 shots at once.
So even if you have the money to resubscribe say 5 months (at £5 a time), you cannot.
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
Why can't you just start it now? I might subscribe if it was now, I might've changed my mind by March.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Another thing is if you could pay without using your card and a load of kids join then that will put a lot of the 18+ people off subsribing.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In future can't we have a thread and announcement? Not all TSR members go in GC that often. Indeed, it's probably a lot of those who don't go in GC who are more likely to subscribe.
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
Another thing is if you could pay without using your card and a load of kids join then that will put a lot of the 18+ people off subsribing.
Right, so my (<18) subscription would put who off, exactly?
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
most kids wouldn't be on a student forum. They would be out playing football etc* besides, you wouldn't get kids paying money.
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
Again: can we just start it now?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
One of the best things but the subsribers forum before was the majority of the users were adult, there are many under 18 people I have huge respect for such as LH, but if the spammers from general chat (who are usualy under 18) joined it would be pointless.

I don't really want to hear about x person getting grounded becuase mummy saw them drinking white lightening in the park.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
One of the best things but the subsribers forum before was the majority of the users were adult, there are many under 18 people I have huge respect for such as LH, but if the spammers from general chat (who are usualy under 18) joined it would be pointless.

I don't really want to hear about x person getting grounded becuase mummy saw them drinking white lightening in the park.
not all teenagers are gossip girl and need money.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)

I know, in the good old days of subs you had a rather close knit community in there.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.71%
No (587)
72.29%

Watched Threads