Report 13 years ago
Townie :rolleyes:
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by izzy_hattie)
as above. my friends piss me off, because now they say 'chav' all the time... just because it was printed in the newspaper and everyone is saying it...

so, anyone remember the good ole days?
Yobbos, wannabe-thugs, homeboys and if they truly are pathetic, then simply vvankers. That seems to be the most representative expression.
Dyakson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by technik)
....GO TO BED FOOL!
I would, except that if I go to bed now, I'll sleep through my lift at 8:30 tomorrow, or forget to pack something crucial like my sleeping bag...
Diamontrina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Spides and steeks
The Crow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the word "chav" is sooooooooo annoying :rolleyes: . i personally call them twockers- it has a nice ring to it . hehehe!!!!!!!!!111 everybody at my college (apart from james :love: ) are twockers. hehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!
raagyone
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by covered farm wa)
Trendies! Or townies, or Ben Sherman Boys (for males, anyway).
Hahaha, I didn't realise other people use/used that. About 6 years ago me and two friends decided to call them 'trendies' because they thought they looked cool in their gear. Although it applied to people who would not be classed as a 'chav' these days, it was anyone who mocked us for liking rock music/skateboarding (which at that time was a rare thing in secondary school) and the people they associated with. People who are called 'chavs' now would automatically be a 'townie' to us just by the way they dressed.

Then there was 'townies' (which I used from time to time, but this was when the whole 'liking rock music' thing happened, and we became slightly normal and accepted), and now some people call them 'chavs' but people usually ridicule anyone who uses that term.

Oh yeah, sorry this is turning into a bit of a rant, but I was pretty annoyed when people suddenly liked rock music after mocking us for it for years. If I remember correctly (in my town anyway) it was when Limp Bizkit released their version of the MI:2 theme tune ('Take a Look Around'). We were suddenly 'cool' with a lot of people, but we ignored them when they tried to talk to us. I think they understood.
There were people who used to listen to East 17 etc who were suddenly the experts on rock, and formed bands. Sorry, but it really annoyed me at the time. Now you look at the charts and 8 of the top 10 are 'rock' bands (i.e. they play their own music)...I would have never had believed anyone 7 or 8 years ago if they told me this would happen.
raagyone
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If they drive a Nova etc, pick up 14 year old girls and listen to music REALLY loud whilst cruising along they are called a KEV.
I still use that term to this day.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 13 years ago
as above. my friends piss me off, because now they say 'chav' all the time... just because it was printed in the newspaper and everyone is saying it...

its an aggggge old term we have been using for yonks, but before that, i think it was townies.
Mrs Rickman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Kevs and Shazzas
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
just testing
spurs123
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

townie, scum, pikey, bensharman and rebok classic boys

CHAV - aka - council house and violent
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We called them pikeys and I shall remain calling them pikeys because it is without a doubt the best word out of the lot They can be pikey or a pikey whereas although you can call someone a chav, saying "that hat is so chav" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

(Original post by zip it123)
CHAV - aka - council house and violent
I like it
jessica_h
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
kappas, shazzas (for girls)
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago

Trev, and we still use that term. Though chav and townie are more common than they used to be.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
townies, pikeys and kappa-slappers
mcidiot
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I used to call them NEDs- Non Educated Delinquents.
Ok some might of gone to primary school, but how much do you want to bet that their Burberry caps have cut of the circulation to those parts they learnt as , well what do yo call a young chav, chavite.

Or you could call them Trev's. Don't know why don't care. Just confuses them
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
scallies!
gringalet
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I still don't say 'chav'. I prefer 'scally', or, exclusive to the Isle of Man, 'Pully dosser'.
rainjan_4now
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
idoitic, materialistic, superficial townies!

whats with the baby blue/pink colours anyway? It's like every item of a girls wardrobe are in one of the colours- ewww!

oh, and dont get me started on "winnie the pooh"........... :mad:
commoner
Report 13 years ago
rude boys / girls
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads