The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
markdr
I have an exam in here tomorrow, but I'm not too familiar with the sports centre, so to save me some time in the morning, whereabouts is it, and which way should I go into the sports centre?

Easy. When you get the the sports centre (I assume you know where the sports centre is), just stick to the right as you come in through the entrance, and follow the corridor to the right. Remember to look at the sheet posted on the wall so you know the area your seat is in (remember your seat number before you get there too).

Chances are, once you get to the sports centre, you'll just be following everyone else who's doing your module anyway.

In fact I've got an exam in the small hall tomorrow at 16.30. :afraid:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
there'll be signs don't worry.
goodluck to you both.
Reply 3
La Trampa
there'll be signs don't worry.
goodluck to you both.

Thanks! Good luck with your exams too!
Reply 4
I'm guessing you're doing Introduction to Microeconomics Markdr? 9am start WOOP. I think I can manage the 20% I need to pass (got 68% in the mid-term which accounts for 30% overall, as 68% of 30% is just over 20% in total, so I need another 20% to pass). Granted, my train of though isn't particularly optimistic.
Reply 5
Lozzaa
I'm guessing you're doing Introduction to Microeconomics Markdr? 9am start WOOP. I think I can manage the 20% I need to pass (got 68% in the mid-term which accounts for 30% overall, as 68% of 30% is just over 20% in total, so I need another 20% to pass). Granted, my train of though isn't particularly optimistic.

Heh. So it seems first years have intro to micro tomorrow at 9am, and second years have micro theory at 4.30pm...
Lozzaa

Arghhhhh i'm doing this exam too, and have no idea how much to revise, still haven't done regulation or price discrmination lectures :argh:
Reply 7
Thanks guys.

Lozzaa
I'm guessing you're doing Introduction to Microeconomics Markdr? 9am start WOOP.
Yup. :p: Only been back here 5 minutes! I managed 84% on the mid-term so I guess I don't need a huge amount in this exam, I still don't want to get too crap a mark though. I'm more worried about International on friday. :frown:

Didn't realise there were so many people from our course on here!

Good luck everyone.
Reply 8
So how did everyone find Intro to Micro then? Wyn Morgan is like one of the best lecturers ever!

I was so anxious about Micro Theory today, but it was so much simpler than I thought it would be! Was lucky the right question came up too! ^^ It's been years since I've felt so good about an exam I've just taken! \o/

Tip: Concentrate on Maria Montero's material next year when you lot do Micro Theory. It's relatively straightforward and the same questions are pretty much guaranteed to come up! I managed to answer 12.5% of the paper perfectly in about 3 minutes at the start of the exam - it was that simple!
geoff_yin
So how did everyone find Intro to Micro then? Wyn Morgan is like one of the best lecturers ever!

I was so anxious about Micro Theory today, but it was so much simpler than I thought it would be! Was lucky the right question came up too! ^^ It's been years since I've felt so good about an exam I've just taken! \o/

Tip: Concentrate on Maria Montero's material next year when you lot do Micro Theory. It's relatively straightforward and the same questions are pretty much guaranteed to come up! I managed to answer 12.5% of the paper perfectly in about 3 minutes at the start of the exam - it was that simple!

I'll remember that for next year then :woo:

Intro to micro wasn't really easy but wasn't too hard either. it was somewhere in between. Luckily the topic i revised yeaterday came up and the some questions from previous years were repeated.

Now onto International Revision, do you have any tips for this module?
Reply 10
thetopnotch
I'll remember that for next year then :woo:

Intro to micro wasn't really easy but wasn't too hard either. it was somewhere in between. Luckily the topic i revised yeaterday came up and the some questions from previous years were repeated.

Now onto International Revision, do you have any tips for this module?

Sure. You don't even really need the textbook for International 1. Udo's lecture slides are really good. Just make your notes from there, and you should be fine. Remember some of the graphs too, because you'll get quite a lot of marks when you use it to answer a question. Don't bother learning all of them though - there are way too many.

You can also use your knowledge from Intro to Micro in International too. Stuff like indifference curves iirc.

Obviously look through the last couple of exams papers too. Incidentally, International 1 was my best module in terms of marks last year (even though it still wasn't very good).
Reply 11
geoff_yin

It wasn't too bad, I was able to answer questions that I was quite confident on, the question is whether the essays I wrote were up to university standard, and until I get the results back, I can't really tell. Talking of which, does anyone know when do we get our results?

And well done on your exam!

geoff_yin
Thanks, I'll try and remember that. I have Maria Montero for QE2 next semester as well, is she any good?
Reply 12
markdr
It wasn't too bad, I was able to answer questions that I was quite confident on, the question is whether the essays I wrote were up to university standard, and until I get the results back, I can't really tell. Talking of which, does anyone know when do we get our results?

And well done on your exam!

Thanks, I'll try and remember that. I have Maria Montero for QE2 next semester as well, is she any good?

You should be getting the results back within a couple of weeks of the exam period finishing I think.

I didn't take QEII last year, so I don't know how well she teaches that module. But I thought she taught the material well for Micro Theory and her slides were pretty good. Some people I know think otherwise though... Compared with the other half of Micro Theory that was taught by somebody else, I thought Montero was the better lecturer. It could be due to me liking the material that she had to teach better though...

Have to be careful what I say - never know who reads this!
Reply 13
geoff_yin
You should be getting the results back within a couple of weeks of the exam period finishing I think.

I didn't take QEII last year, so I don't know how well she teaches that module. But I thought she taught the material well for Micro Theory and her slides were pretty good. Some people I know think otherwise though... Compared with the other half of Micro Theory that was taught by somebody else, I thought Montero was the better lecturer. It could be due to me liking the material that she had to teach better though...

Have to be careful what I say - never know who reads this!
Thanks. If anyone else cares I've since had an email saying results are available from personal tutors from 6th February. Unfortunately, mine's just left. :p:

Sorry, you're totally right to be careful, easily forgot how public this is.
Reply 14
markdr
Thanks. If anyone else cares I've since had an email saying results are available from personal tutors from 6th February. Unfortunately, mine's just left. :p:

Ah I was right then! :^_^:
markdr

Are you good to go for International tommorow? I'm only on Lect 7, so im a bit stuck for time LOL!
Reply 16
thetopnotch
Are you good to go for International tommorow? I'm only on Lect 7, so im a bit stuck for time LOL!
Almost, just got some stuff to go over in the morning. I'm a bit worried about it though as a lot of the theory is pretty tricky and I'll probably get the diagrams wrong. IMO the hardest stuff is in the first half of the module so you should be ok.

Latest

Trending

Trending