The Student Room Group
Yes, i can see it!
You would suit it.
You would suit it but be warned it washes you out, I am naturally quite tanned and it made me look very pale.
I dyed mine black at the age of 15 and it has taken me till now (I'm 18) to get my hair back to a normal colour. I had to strip my hair to get the black out in the end.
Reply 3
lucyhol1012
You would suit it but be warned it washes you out, I am naturally quite tanned and it made me look very pale.
I dyed mine black at the age of 15 and it has taken me till now (I'm 18) to get my hair back to a normal colour. I had to strip my hair to get the black out in the end.

Really? What colour did you try dye it back to? My natural is dark brown so it wouldn't look *too* bad growing it out.
I rekon, maybe not a full on black, but a dark dark brown, sorta nice, but not so it washes you out.
Dissey
Really? What colour did you try dye it back to? My natural is dark brown so it wouldn't look *too* bad growing it out.

My hair was dark brown. The black fades out but for me it just went to a fake looking bluey black colour :s-smilie: which wasn't very nice. So I put brown on it and it did nothing. Then I had to have it bleached to get the black out and even then it didn't bleach right, it went an orangey colour. So now my hair is a bit patchy but brown. I have lighter roots than the rest of my hair as the black is still clinging to the ends!
If you want to go black for ~6 months I'd say go for it but think about how you're going to get it out. But if you only want to do it for a short time maybe another colour may be better.
Have you thought about going purple? :smile:
it would look okay...go for it! :smile:
Reply 7
Go for something else a little different like purple or blue
go for dark brown. And stop wearing that horrible eyeshadow :s-smilie:
i think brown would be more suitable :smile:
i like it how it is

flip a coin?

or just go pink ^^
Reply 11
whitepearlbaby
go for dark brown. And stop wearing that horrible eyeshadow :s-smilie:

Ah, our opinions on fashion have always clashed :p: And it's eyeliner, tss.

In my absence I have died it black semi-permanently, and I really really like it, but when it fades I think I'll go for chocolate brown :smile:

I think the only reason I did it was because I read 'her hair fell like black lava' in The Birth of Venus.

Thanks for all your opinions everyone :smile:
Dissey
Ah, our opinions on fashion have always clashed :p: And it's eyeliner, tss.

In my absence I have died it black semi-permanently, and I really really like it, but when it fades I think I'll go for chocolate brown :smile:

I think the only reason I did it was because I read 'her hair fell like black lava' in The Birth of Venus.

Thanks for all your opinions everyone :smile:

Eyeliner then :wink: Well well, as long as you feel pretty with that, what can I say :biggrin: Why don't you post a picture of your new hair colour? :smile:
Reply 13
whitepearlbaby
Eyeliner then :wink: Well well, as long as you feel pretty with that, what can I say :biggrin: Why don't you post a picture of your new hair colour? :smile:

While I was in London, what the police suspect were crackheads broke into my aunt's house and stole amongst other things my beloved digi cam :frown: I'll borrow my sister's one tomorrow and post a pic then :smile:
Reply 14
Oooh yes dye it black. I agree it would suit you and I think truly black hair is gorgeous :smile:

Latest