Turn on thread page Beta

text talk..... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    Text talk should be saved just for that. It is so annoying when people do use abbreviations on here when really there is no need. I also feel that text talk is one of the major factors in childrens lack of spelling correctly.
    That's an awkward expression. I would have replaced correctly with ability

(Original post by Chickadee)
    I sure as hell am and Im PROUD of it
    Well.... ok then.

ReputationRep:
    Text talk is, in itself, amusing enough. However, when utilised in conjunction with proper punctuation, it constitutes a prelude to inanity (not to mention, self-contradiction).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Text talk is, in itself, amusing enough. However, when utilised in conjunction with proper punctuation, it constitutes a prelude to inanity (not to mention, self-contradiction).
    So, in other words dnt talk lyke dis kidz because if you do, you lose Ban the text talk!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo_tiffy)
    What do u people think about the usageof text talk for me its ok as longas it doesn't affect your written english.just being inquisitive because my language ability was doubted when i used it......n was even called a menace indirectly.....sigh.The thread wasn't even about text talk....some people are clearly clueless....then again it's convenient u know.
    Text talk obviously should only be used when the number of characters needs to be kept down, it is not English.
    (On the subject of grammar, you might want to use a bit more punctuation :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickadee)
    So, in other words dnt talk lyke dis kidz because if you do, you lose Ban the text talk!!
    'Other words' indicating other meanings, yes. Although that's not to say I disagree; quite the contrary, in fact :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    'Other words' indicating other meanings, yes. Although that's not to say I disagree; quite the contrary, in fact :rolleyes:
    Super duper We are the winners :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't use text talk, as I find it's easier to just use predictive text, and then I don't really need to use any abbreviations at all.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.