Period pains Watch

This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i used to find that if i went to the gym/swimming the few days before my period was due it really really helped (not much use at the mo i know, but for next time!)

lou xxx
marychrist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My period pains only disappeared completely when I went on the pill.

but, prior to that, I'd been recommended regular ibuprofen in the week BEFORE my period and evening primrose oil everyday. It worked to the extent that I was no longer is such severe pain I was puking, but the cramps were still there.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by marychrist)
My period pains only disappeared completely when I went on the pill.

but, prior to that, I'd been recommended regular ibuprofen in the week BEFORE my period and evening primrose oil everyday. It worked to the extent that I was no longer is such severe pain I was puking, but the cramps were still there.
Evening primrose oil is brilliant for the pains I get in my breasts. Since I started taking them every day I don't have that anymore.

Thanks for all the advice people. Today I'm not much better either and didn't sleep properly. Going to docs next week.
Niaya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cindy)
Evening primrose oil is brilliant for the pains I get in my breasts. Since I started taking them every day I don't have that anymore.

Thanks for all the advice people. Today I'm not much better either and didn't sleep properly. Going to docs next week.

*hugs*
i know how you feel its evil i was on methanamic acid for a while it was ok i now take 600mg ibrofen (sp?) and rember you can take paracetamol.asprin with ibrofen
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
(Original post by angel D)
*hugs*
i know how you feel its evil i was on methanamic acid for a while it was ok i now take 600mg ibrofen (sp?) and rember you can take paracetamol.asprin with ibrofen
I am taking high strength solpedine and I took so many yesterday that I began to go dizzy. Hopefully doc will give me some nice pills and I wont be like this next month or until I win the lottery and have the lot taken away!!!
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cindy)
I am taking high strength solpedine and I took so many yesterday that I began to go dizzy. Hopefully doc will give me some nice pills and I wont be like this next month or until I win the lottery and have the lot taken away!!!

Hope you start to feel better during the day. Period pains are the spawn of the devil.
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I use Mefanafic Acid but it doesn't help that much so I'm down the doctors whenever I have a period (I can't say every month coz I have the most irregular cyce in the world!!) QAll doctors tell me to do is take the painkillers and get on with life (\i really don't like my doctors very much) but it is very difficult to get on with life when u can barely move!!!
Mussycat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think someone has already said this but lying on your stomach and having massages on your back can help rather than stomach massagaes... i used to get really bad pains and stay on for about a month which is ridiculous but recently been much better...
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought going on the pill got rid/reduced period pains?
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
I thought going on the pill got rid/reduced period pains?
Depends what pill you're on, some are better than others.
Asian cutie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
chocolate or a bath :bath:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
(Original post by chandni)
I use Mefanafic Acid but it doesn't help that much so I'm down the doctors whenever I have a period (I can't say every month coz I have the most irregular cyce in the world!!) QAll doctors tell me to do is take the painkillers and get on with life (\i really don't like my doctors very much) but it is very difficult to get on with life when u can barely move!!!
That is what I was like yesterday. Slightest movement would start off cramps.
I was fortunate enough to have a lovely massage last night and it did help enourmously.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh I have them right now too, theyre killing me. Im on the pill, and it does make the period go lighter, but the pains and hot flushes are still there. So its not worth it. Id say stick to paracetamols and hot water bottles.
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't know how people can say that exercise helps period pains. Seriously, exercise is the last thing I feel doing! I mean, I'm sure it works, but I could not do that! First day of period = all I want to do is curl up in a ball and die God I hate period pains.

Anyway... yeah... I don't find hot water bottles or anything like that works. Only thing that works for me is paracetemol.
LawQueen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I always make myself get up and move and not think about it. I reckon thinking about it makes it worse-I get myself preoccupied with something and find that really helps
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthiepooos)
I always make myself get up and move and not think about it. I reckon thinking about it makes it worse-I get myself preoccupied with something and find that really helps
That why I am on here. Well at leat till the footy starts!!!
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepooos)
Definitely! If you just lie down and feel sorry for youself then it's even worse. All you can think about is the pain! I just take some paracetemol and go do something... best thing is to forget about it.

While we're on the subject of period pains... do most people get them in their stomach? I get them in my lower back
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
I don't know how people can say that exercise helps period pains. Seriously, exercise is the last thing I feel doing! I mean, I'm sure it works, but I could not do that! First day of period = all I want to do is curl up in a ball and die God I hate period pains.

Anyway... yeah... I don't find hot water bottles or anything like that works. Only thing that works for me is paracetemol.
that's why i always used to do the excercise the 4/5 days before my period was due. then i could just curl up in bed with chocolate and the pains weren't as bad

lou xxx
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Definitely! If you just lie down and feel sorry for youself then it's even worse. All you can think about is the pain! I just take some paracetemol and go do something... best thing is to forget about it.

While we're on the subject of period pains... do most people get them in their stomach? I get them in my lower back
I get them there too. So you are not by yourself. The pain seems to go thru my back and to my stomach. :eek:
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Yeah lower stomach, it feels swollen and I dont know which sensible name to call it, but for me it kills on the sides and throbs.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.53%
No (216)
73.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed