The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
tis_me_lord
I know, most words are hard to define.

Thats why google is my best friend :wink:
Reply 81
tis_me_lord
If she has a good job and a child in private education I'd say she's middle.

Anyway, I have 6 essays in law, coursework in physics, an essay in history and revision for a sociology exam on Monday. So I'm off to play on my playstation.

Hehehe, slick!!! :biggrin: At last someone on this place has their prorities right :p: I think i'll follow suit *kicks coureswork under the sofa and toddles off to play gta*
Reply 82
tis_me_lord
What makes sucess?

This depends on class. A working class person may be happy to work in the factory their dad did, get a weekly lottery ticket, and have a few kids.

Middle classes may want to go to uni and become a lawyer.

That's what I mean about different values. YES THIS IS GENERAL. But it is more or less the truth. Please noe of your, "ah yes...but in my family..." there will always be exceptions, but that doesn't change the fact there's a class system in this country.

Circular logic: you assert that an (as yet undefined) "middle" class are better predisposed to "success", and then evidence that assertion by ascribing "middle" class-ness to those who are successful. Nevertheless, my mother attended University, but currently earns comparably less than a "working" class plumber or electrician; conversely, I aspire to read (and subsequently, to practise) Law at University: a factor which, in your book, could also qualify me as "middle" class; and devolving thus from the efficacy of your argument, which, having continually evolved to accommodate others' detractions, is no longer recognisable as such. I never denied there to be a "class system", but the mere fact that there exist such 'exceptions' entails that the "class" argument is certainly neither lucid nor conclusive enough to make broad, sweeping judgements to the effect of your opening volley on the subject. Consequently, notions of "class" are, in the explicit context of such an argument, quite worthless. However, being as this isn't the 'Debate & Discussion' forum, you may be forgiven a lack of "due care and attention" with respect to your views; all-in-all, it was probably their overtly provocative nature, more than anything else, which prompted a critical reprisal :rolleyes:
Chickadee
Hehehe, slick!!! :biggrin: At last someone on this place has their prorities right :p: I think i'll follow suit *kicks coureswork under the sofa and toddles off to play gta*

I was playing GTA. :eek:

To the person who posted after this. I didn't read that, piss of to the debate forum, I'm not in the mood, which is why I'm on general chat. It's Saturday night for Christs sake!
lessthanthree
a night of passion with Eliza Dushku.

please.

Can I come? I'd happily participate but I'll settle for just watching.
Reply 85
tis_me_lord
I was playing GTA. :eek:

To the person who posted after this. I didn't read that, piss of to the debate forum, I'm not in the mood, which is why I'm on general chat. It's Saturday night for Christs sake!

Hehe, good choice :biggrin: Which one? I was playing GTA3 - its me favourite :smile:
Chickadee
Hehe, good choice :biggrin: Which one? I was playing GTA3 - its me favourite :smile:

San Andreas, I'm a sucker for the most modern version at the time. :p:

GTA3 was the best compared to the one before... but not the best out of the 5. If that makes sense. It was legendary at the time, but san andreas is just better... face it. :biggrin:
tis_me_lord

GTA3 was the best compared to the one before... but not the best out of the 5. If that makes sense. It was legendary at the time, but san andreas is just better... face it. :biggrin:

Neh... I can't decide whether Vice City or San Andreas is the best. I like San Andreas, but I'm afraid all of the 'homies and ho's" stuff starts to grate on me after a while. And when he jumps in a Harrier and just... flies it? I'm sorry but no! I know most GTA missions can be a little far-fetched but that's just going too far! And Tommy Vercetti is much cooler than CJ. CJ isn't convincing - as a character he seems like a decent sort of guy, loves his brother and his mommy, but then OOPS mass murderer who mows down people on pavements without a second thought. Vercetti was just a nasty piece of work... more believable.

And then there's the music. I love V Rock, but then I also love Radio X. I love Emotion in a strange way... but then I find myself oddly addicted to K-Rose. Vice City gets it for K-Chat... WCTR sucks.

This is a bit off topic really.
Reply 88
lessthanthree
a night of passion with Eliza Dushku.

please.

Oooh, can I have Natalie Portman?
lessthanthree
nuu, I want her for myself.

...I could pay? I could even just watch through a one-way mirror window.
I would like to make a living writing music :redface: Don't have to be rich or famous (would be ncie tho) just good enough to make a living out of composition.
Reply 91
tis_me_lord

I cant!! GTA3 makes me sooo happy! :p: Me and that guy have been through so much together :biggrin:
Reply 92
Chardonnay
:dito:

can i slit yours? i'll use a slightly blunt knife if you want
Chickadee
Oooh, can I have Natalie Portman?

Yes. No one else wants her. P.S. should we start a TSR radiohead-lyrics-in-signatures society?
Toy Soldier
Yes. No one else wants her.

:eek: I think she's gorgeous!
technik
can i slit yours? i'll use a slightly blunt knife if you want

Is this some sort of depraved throat-slitting orgy now?
Profesh
Circular logic: you assert that an (as yet undefined) "middle" class are better predisposed to "success", and then evidence that assertion by ascribing "middle" class-ness to those who are successful. Nevertheless, my mother attended University, but currently earns comparably less than a "working" class plumber or electrician; conversely, I aspire to read (and subsequently, to practise) Law at University: a factor which, in your book, could also qualify me as "middle" class; and devolving thus from the efficacy of your argument, which, having continually evolved to accommodate others' detractions, is no longer recognisable as such. I never denied there to be a "class system", but the mere fact that there exist such 'exceptions' entails that the "class" argument is certainly neither lucid nor conclusive enough to make broad, sweeping judgements to the effect of your opening volley on the subject. Consequently, notions of "class" are, in the explicit context of such an argument, quite worthless. However, being as this isn't the 'Debate & Discussion' forum, you may be forgiven a lack of "due care and attention" with respect to your views; all-in-all, it was probably their overtly provocative nature, more than anything else, which prompted a critical reprisal :rolleyes:

Bloody hell, can we have that translated to English?!!
Toy Soldier
Neh... I can't decide whether Vice City or San Andreas is the best. I like San Andreas, but I'm afraid all of the 'homies and ho's" stuff starts to grate on me after a while. And when he jumps in a Harrier and just... flies it? I'm sorry but no! I know most GTA missions can be a little far-fetched but that's just going too far! And Tommy Vercetti is much cooler than CJ. CJ isn't convincing - as a character he seems like a decent sort of guy, loves his brother and his mommy, but then OOPS mass murderer who mows down people on pavements without a second thought. Vercetti was just a nasty piece of work... more believable.

And then there's the music. I love V Rock, but then I also love Radio X. I love Emotion in a strange way... but then I find myself oddly addicted to K-Rose. Vice City gets it for K-Chat... WCTR sucks.

This is a bit off topic really.

I haven't done that mission yet, I'm not that far really. I agree all this homie stuff is tired, and I'm a third of the way through... but the little things go a long way, like being able to swim, that's a great feature.

It's also way bigger, you get BICYCLES. (Love running from the FBI is those.)

The music is about equal, I only ever listen to the rock ones. Songs like I wanna rock are missed; but faith no more, rage, ozzy etc make up for it...oh, and soundgarden.

The best was in GTA though, that talkshow with Laslow, that was hillarious.

I also liked that weird Jamican type thing... :eek:
Reply 98
Toy Soldier
Is this some sort of depraved throat-slitting orgy now?

looks like it.

i prefer cleaner methods for removing dirt.
Reply 99
naivesincerity
Bloody hell, can we have that translated to English?!!

roughly "i talk crap to make myself look intelligent. in reality im crushed by my insecurity"

Latest

Trending

Trending