Turn on thread page Beta

What special birthday presents did you get given on your 18th? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    :rofl: I'm assuming you were replying to my post about getting a laptop, but Sixbo posted in between saying he had a kid, and then I read your post - sounded like one day you decided to get a kid

ReputationRep:
    lol, awh, trust me, a kid is for life, not just your bday!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Was my 18th yesterday and I got some nice jewellery from my parents and grandmother. But my main present was a backpack and a few other bits for my trip this summer. But no, my parents didnt spend tons on me, though a lot more than 'usual' birthday spending is. Its not the presents that make the day special, its having your family and friends around you (thats what made my day yday so good!)

ReputationRep:
    I .... I didn't get anything

ReputationRep:
    a cheque, an ipod and ipod speakers, a dior bag and matching wallet from my parents. It wasnt too shabby a birthday (considering my birthday is so near christmas)

ReputationRep:
    i got a money for my holiday, plus money for shopping, and a laptop! (for uni of course)!

ReputationRep:
    I got a car from my parents, and a silver watch from an aunty. I can't wear the watch though, it's one of those kinetic powered ones and i don't move often enough, so it keeps stopping!

ReputationRep:
    Both my parents and my boyfriend brought me a ring each..they are lovely and I have worn them every day since I got them

ReputationRep:
    I dont even remember, seems like years ago now

ReputationRep:
    Twas my 18th about 3 weeks ago and haven't yet had a present (off my parents) as I haven't thought of anything. Was thinking of either a new laptop or stereo system as they are both knackered, but they're probably easily fixed, so I don't really have a clue.

Got a cool watch of my girlfriend (just as well she didn't ask what I wanted really, she'd still be waiting to find out).

ReputationRep:
    I got taken to the Caribbean for my 18th.Erm...I also got a new mobile phone,a cheque for a *sum of money*....plenty of presents and things....

On my birthday though I went to bed at 9pm!We went out for a meal then everyone else sodded off to a party and I was too tired because heat affects me alot..so i went to bed!At 9pm!On my 18th!

My 19th is going to be boring.I think I'm going to be abroad.Alone.Pfft.

ReputationRep:
    My parents got me a laptop to take to uni and it is great, really usefull and it is much better than the one I would have ended up with if I had, had to buy it myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppi)
    Need sum ideas because my mum asked what I would like I am thinking of asking for a laptop as this piece of crap is falling to pieces.... but its not very special for an 18th :confused:

Cheers
    I got jewellery, I finally got my 6.5 carat cabischon double star sapphire (my family have a massive Sapphire mining business)

and from my grandparents I got an 18 carat white gold 1 carat antique water topaz ring.

Not at all a bad haul.

ReputationRep:
    from my folks I got access to my savings account (with just over £3k in it). Used it to pay for a holiday, a laptop and some other bits and pieces. In retrospect I wish i'd saved £1k or so of it though instead of blowing the lot.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

A second hand car in 1977, Mk111 cortina, 1:6 - there weren't that many cars on our roads in those day - the car was a year old, so it was the was big thing all round.

ReputationRep:
    Good Lord. I don't remember getting anything special. I think the driving lessons for my 17th were much more expensive/useful/appreciated. Doubt my children when I have them will be getting anything in particular for their 18th either...

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend got me a pink tv/dvd combo that id fallen in love with. was the best present ever and i still love it, its going to uni with me in september, is my pride and joy

ReputationRep:
    Ball Chair!~

ReputationRep:
    ... =o oh my god this thread makes me feel like an orphan. I got 50 quid. However I do seem to be grossly irresponsible with money (I've spent over 1500 already this term), so fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    I got a digital camera- I thought my parents were really generous giving me that, but umm yeh seems not. Oh well its great anyway- i love having photos of all my friends.

Karisa

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.