Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eámanë)
    also it has been said that peter jackson will make the hobbit, after he has made a remake of king kong zzzzzzzz
    I was told that h'll be makeing King Kong! SAD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naz1)
    I was told that h'll be makeing King Kong! SAD
    What's wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    i love the lotr books - tolkein put so much work in them. The films are good too

I hope peter jackson does do the hobbit - smaug will be well good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i love the lotr books - tolkein put so much work in them. The films are good too

I hope peter jackson does do the hobbit - smaug will be well good
    Yeah me too! I prefer the books though, you just can't get as much stuff into a film. Can't wait for the hobbit! i heard that PJ would try to use some of the actors from LOTR in it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Yeah me too! I prefer the books though, you just can't get as much stuff into a film. Can't wait for the hobbit! i heard that PJ would try to use some of the actors from LOTR in it!
    Yeah, but that'll only be people like Ian McK, Ian Holm etc. I can't see them getting Viggo into the storyline, although it's possible that Legolas might make a fleeting appearance at the Wood-Elf-King's palace (being his son and all...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yeah, but that'll only be people like Ian McK, Ian Holm etc. I can't see them getting Viggo into the storyline, although it's possible that Legolas might make a fleeting appearance at the Wood-Elf-King's palace (being his son and all...)
    Yeah, that's be good if Orlando is in it!

I read somewhere in one of the many books about LOTR, or perhaps it was the appendices? Anyway, I read that the story for the hobbit is actually more connected to LOTR than just the finding of the ring. Gandalf made the dwarves want to go and destroy smaug becuase if smaug was still around when Sauron came to be more powerful, sauron might make smaug go and attack rivendell or something like that.

You'd never guess that the hobbit was written before the idea for LOTR had even occured to tolkien would you?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    What's wrong with that?
    Dont you know!!

Its about a Gorilla that is taken to the city and he runs loose he climbs the Empire state building holding a damsel who is distress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naz1)
    Dont you know!!

Its about a Gorilla that is taken to the city and he runs loose he climbs the Empire state building holding a damsel who is distress.
    I *know* that. So what. It is one of his childhood dreams and now he is finally able to do it, wouldn't you want to do it/be pleased that you could finally do it if you were in the same situation? I know I would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Yeah, that's be good if Orlando is in it!

I read somewhere in one of the many books about LOTR, or perhaps it was the appendices? Anyway, I read that the story for the hobbit is actually more connected to LOTR than just the finding of the ring. Gandalf made the dwarves want to go and destroy smaug becuase if smaug was still around when Sauron came to be more powerful, sauron might make smaug go and attack rivendell or something like that.

You'd never guess that the hobbit was written before the idea for LOTR had even occured to tolkien would you?!
    i like the little things that connect the hobbit and lotr - like you see where gandalf gets his sword glamdring from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i like the little things that connect the hobbit and lotr - like you see where gandalf gets his sword glamdring from
    Yeah, and sting and the mithril vest etc, it's such a great book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    I *know* that. So what. It is one of his childhood dreams and now he is finally able to do it, wouldn't you want to do it/be pleased that you could finally do it if you were in the same situation? I know I would
    But a story about a Gorilla isn't brilliant now is it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naz1)
    It's no worse than the other rubbish things like godzilla, eight legged freaks etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naz1)
    king kong is better than that other film about a gorilla, whats it called? "big joe" or something? i cant remeber

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    king kong is better than that other film about a gorilla, whats it called? "big joe" or something? i cant remeber
    Oh yeah, Mighty Joe or something stupid like that. :rolleyes: It's american so what can you expect though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    It's no worse than the other rubbish things like godzilla, eight legged freaks etc
    They'r practicly the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naz1)
    They'r practicly the same
    Yeah, but the difference is that King Kong was the original one, and it was really successful when it first came out, all the other movies are just trying to be like it. And failing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Yeah, but the difference is that King Kong was the original one, and it was really successful when it first came out, all the other movies are just trying to be like it. And failing.
    heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    heh
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    did you know that LOTR films are probably the most overated films ever?.........imo anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    did you know that LOTR films are probably the most overated films ever?.........imo anyway
    What don't you like about them?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.