The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How old are you?

Lou
xxx
Twaffy
My parents won't let me become a vegetarian because apparently we were meant to eat meat

Why do they say this?
Reply 3
I am 15
I have no idea why they say this, possibly they are insane.
Reply 4
Do you mean they just refuse to cook you vegetarian meals? If so, try making your own food. A friend of mine has always done that, and it works for her.

If they disagree totally, then have a word with them to explain exactly why you don't like eating meat. They should respect your opinion even if they don't agree with it.
Reply 5
eat Them :p:

jk. It really depends on your parent's character. If they are overprotective and u are too young i don't think u'll ever convience them. Although I suppose u could follow the harsh way...
Reply 6
I did try that. It did not work My dad thought it was hilarious and my mum gave me a lecture. :frown:
Reply 7
Michael Mourao

jk. It really depends on your parent's character. If they are overprotective and u are too young i don't think u'll ever convience them. Although I suppose u could follow the harsh way...

The harsh Way????
Twaffy
I have no idea why they say this, possibly they are insane.

They could say that we have features of meat eaters such as teeth, eyes are facing forward etc. but then if they were to really stick to their word then they shouldn't eat any vegetables at all if we were really carnivores.
Twaffy
My parents won't let me become a vegetarian because apparently we were meant to eat meat, but i think it is really cruel to the animal. Does anyone know how i can convince them to change their minds? :frown: :confused:

If your gonna be a veggie, then stick to it purely because you want to. I agree with your parents saying that we are supposed to have meat in our diet- but there is no law that states this, so go ahead and do it.
Michael Mourao

i.e stay in ur bedroom and refuse to eat anything for a while...
Reply 11
rainjan_4now
If your gonna be a veggie, then stick to it purely because you want to. I agree with your parents saying that we are supposed to have meat in our diet- but there is no law that states this, so go ahead and do it.

My mother is quite liable to kill me if i do thatbut I shall try it anyway! thankage!
Reply 12
Michael Mourao
i.e stay in ur bedroom and refuse to eat anything for a while...

Hmmmmm That could just work I'll take the ladder just in case though............
Are humans supposed to wear clothes?
Reply 14
Well they don't have to, but the police might come after them... i see your point lol
NDGAARONDI

Look, about the "Eating meat" subject there are some cases that vegetables do not provide enough energy to the homan body. Sure all u guys have to do is studing and it does not require a lot of energy resources, so many of u can skip meat, but there are some ppl who really need that level of the food pyramid.
Reply 16
i read somewhere that the current level of humans on the planet wouldnt be sustainable if they ate only meat as the process between the levels is too inefficient. ie a lot of the energy is lost through when say for example, a cow eats some grass and then a human eats the cow as there are certain things humans cant digest

not saying that we should eat grass but hopefully you can get my meaning from what i just said. if you cant then im not surprised as reading it over, it largely makes no sense
NDGAARONDI

To keep warm.
Reply 18
NDGAARONDI
They could say that we have features of meat eaters such as teeth, eyes are facing forward etc. but then if they were to really stick to their word then they shouldn't eat any vegetables at all if we were really carnivores.

The point is that we're carnivores! ie. meant to eat meat AND vegetables...
Michael Mourao
Sure all u guys have to do is studing and it does not require a lot of energy resources

The average person can hardly study efficiently on an empty stomach. Carbohydrates provide energy for such activities and sometimes thinking activities such as materials can make you lose weight because of this. There was some chess player who played hours of chess and lost weight on the day.

Michael Mourao
so many of u can skip meat

Yes.

Michael Mourao
but there are some ppl who really need that level of the food pyramid.

I'll read that thread you mentioned about.

Latest

Trending

Trending