Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    Reading it out would not strictly contravene this guidance, but people on this thread are talking about handing drafts in and getting them marked and given back!
    Yeah, but see, the thing is, it's impossible to police. Exam boards are going on faith and everyone knows that the majority of teachers will mark drafts because if nothing else, kids getting good grades make them look good. The examiner doesn't know the student, and so if he or she is producing something slightly above what they're really capable of, how can the examiner prove that? Therefore, it will always happen.

ReputationRep:
    And since the grade boundaries are set relative, those whose teachers adhere to the rules (like mine) will suffer.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else doing the French Revolution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    And since the grade boundaries are set relative, those whose teachers adhere to the rules (like mine) will suffer.
    So do you expect people to say, hold on, wait, I won't get my worked checked and give myself the best chance of getting a good grade because someone, somewhere, that I don't know, might not be too happy...?

ReputationRep:
    its all about AQA lol...my teacher has looked at 2 drafts of mine and i handed in the final copy today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    So do you expect people to say, hold on, wait, I won't get my worked checked and give myself the best chance of getting a good grade because someone, somewhere, that I don't know, might not be too happy...?
    No but the teachers shouldn't be part of such practices, and the students should at least admit they are being given an (unfair) advantage.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2005

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.