Turn on thread page Beta

Possibly the most stupid thing I've ever done... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazednconfused)
    It's not physically sticking I don't think, it just thinks I'm pressing it anyway... whilst 2 other keys have no idea when they are being pressed :rolleyes:
    Its possibly its still wet and the water particles are just shorting the contacts, if this is the case your laptop will work fine tomorrow.

I had a mobile that died on me for a few days when I bus drenched me, it worked fine a few days later apart from a minor screen fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Its possibly its still wet and the water particles are just shorting the contacts, if this is the case your laptop will work fine tomorrow.

I had a mobile that died on me for a few days when I bus drenched me, it worked fine a few days later apart from a minor screen fault.
    yes my mate had that when his mobile vibrated off the sill into the toilet. he took it back though cos it stank of piss and he wasnt happy about that really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)

Yeah let's hope so... I won't hold my breath though :cool:
    Thanks for the advice peeps... now if anyone wants to make a donation... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Its possibly its still wet and the water particles are just shorting the contacts.
    Umm... nail varnish remover evapourates very very quickly. It's more likely that the damage has been done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    Umm... nail varnish remover evapourates very very quickly. It's more likely that the damage has been done
    Sshhhh
    I know you're right, but sshhh or I will actually cry :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Sshhhh
    Well look on the brightside, its only four nights of clubbing you will have to miss out on, think of the good that will do your liver (assuming you drink alchohol).

ReputationRep:
    Sshhhh
    Sorry. Umm... yeah I'm sure there's just still some rogue nail varnish remover in there, and by tomorrow it will be fine! ..... :flute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Well look on the brightside, its only four nights of clubbing you will have to miss out on, think of the good that will do your liver (assuming you drink alchohol).
    And I thought I was the only person who judged money in pints. I'm serious. "Hmm... I could get this PS2 game, it's only 12.5 pints." Or "I need a haircut but it'll cost me 3 or 4 pints!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    And I thought I was the only person who judged money in pints. I'm serious. "Hmm... I could get this PS2 game, it's only 12.5 pints." Or "I need a haircut but it'll cost me 3 or 4 pints!"
    Haha no, its the best measure of currency as far as I am concerned. Although I do actually avoid most the cheap n swear pubs because I don't like being beaten up for being too posh (i.e not using the F word every second).

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.