The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
~Sam~
Sorry for being nosey, but I thought you were going out with someone else?

:eek: Which is why I shouldn't have liked Daveo
Reply 301
blissy
:eek: Which is why I shouldn't have liked Daveo

Ah I see. Still, you can't help who you like :smile:. Sorry for asking, I was just wondering!
I was under the impression that liked was in the common sense not as in anything more.
Reply 303
NDGAARONDI
I was under the impression that liked was in the common sense not as in anything more.

I think the use of it in that way has spilled over a little from America, they always say "like" instead of "fancy" or whatever..
Reply 304
Saffie
Aww that's *so* sweet!

(sorry...)

Hehe, I was only chatting to him in the pub for an hour while blissy was out with her friends! Though theirs is quite a sweet story.

I saw them in Cindies on mine and her birthday night as well, but they didn't spot me :redface:
Reply 305
NDGAARONDI

I think the way I "like" Dave is pretty obvious :redface:
Reply 306
F. Poste
I think the use of it in that way has spilled over a little from America, they always say "like" instead of "fancy" or whatever..

Nah, that'd be if I like, liked him
:wink:
F. Poste

But with fancy there's less ambiguity, typically British and a primary school word. There are enough words in the English language without having to explore alternative words that mean the same thing.
Reply 308
blissy
Well Dave and I had both been on the forum for about a year but I didn't ever talk to him or even notice him. Then about January this year we were both made GC mods and had to swap MSN to chat about that a bit. Nothing happened. Then we were just talking on MSN every now and then as friends.

In April we spoke for 3 nights running - all night - and I realised I liked him :redface: (although I shouldn't have). And after that we decided to meet up the next day to see whether we would actually like each other in person. It'd just got to the point where we sort of had no choice because you can't know someone over the net.

Daveo's been the only person I've gone out of my way to see (well, it was him going out of his way really :redface: ) because everyone else I've met is studying in Cambridge as well.

Awww bless! I wondered how you'd got together but would never have asked as that's rude!
You're all very trusting meeting up with people from TSR/msn, I think it's generally a set-up for disappointment. Anyway, I'm sooooo happy for all you couples :biggrin:
Reply 309
Saffie
Aww that's *so* sweet!

(sorry...)

*is a tad confused*
Juno
It's only one week til I see Mark again now :biggrin:

I know, I cannot wait, in fact I think I am annoying people by being too excited.
being exited about seeing some one is good :biggrin:

tbh i think meeting online in some situations is better. i met my bf for 2 mins randomly at a club... we swapped email addied. and basicaly spent the next 3 months talking non stop online. i barely new him in real life... about the same as saying his to some on in the street.

by the time we decided to meat up in the pubs and clubs again we knew each other tons well :biggrin:
the net rocks!

sorry for the rant :smile:
Reply 312
juueru_chou
I know, I cannot wait, in fact I think I am annoying people by being too excited.

Have you told random people yet? Like the bus driver, or the man who serves you in a shop and tells you to "have a nice day"?
Reply 313
juueru_chou

Yes...yes you are...
Your certainly annoying me! (I think this post will tell you who i am Mark! :P )
Juno
Have you told random people yet? Like the bus driver, or the man who serves you in a shop and tells you to "have a nice day"?

Actually, I have, they look at me strangely when I say 1 week!!!
-Sin-
Yes...yes you are...
Your certainly annoying me! (I think this post will tell you who i am Mark! :P )

Well my young padwan, that is to be expected, you have to work with me.

Oh yes, I would remove the swearing from your sig, you will get warning points for something like that.
Reply 316
juueru_chou
Actually, I have, they look at me strangely when I say 1 week!!!

You must be excited then. I'm like that when I get new piercings.
Reply 317
Saffie
Awww bless! I wondered how you'd got together but would never have asked as that's rude!
You're all very trusting meeting up with people from TSR/msn, I think it's generally a set-up for disappointment. Anyway, I'm sooooo happy for all you couples :biggrin:

Aren't all dating situations a potential set-up for disappointment? If you meet someone in a club, then get all excited because he's good looking and seemed nice, and then you find out on a date he IS nice, but only when he wants a shag... :rolleyes: Or if you've been going out for 3 months, and he seems sweet and into you, but the problem is, he also seems sweet and into your best mate when he's been shagging her too!
Reply 318
F. Poste
Aren't all dating situations a potential set-up for disappointment? If you meet someone in a club, then get all excited because he's good looking and seemed nice, and then you find out on a date he IS nice, but only when he wants a shag... :rolleyes: Or if you've been going out for 3 months, and he seems sweet and into you, but the problem is, he also seems sweet and into your best mate when he's been shagging her too!

totally. or even you meet someone when you're out who seem really good fun, then you go on a date and they are really boring and you have nothing in common! It's such a let down!
Reply 319
juueru_chou
Well my young padwan, that is to be expected, you have to work with me.

Oh yes, I would remove the swearing from your sig, you will get warning points for something like that.

I told you, i'm not your young Padwan!
I'm not even a Padwan!
And i'm older than you!!!

...and i wasn't swearing...

Latest

Trending

Trending