Turn on thread page Beta

Well, I know its a highly controversial issue, but I my opinion the best takeaway has to be, without doubt... Northern Soul.
    Its got it all at low low prices, but the pizzas are a bit dirty I have to admit and it does taste a lot better if you've had a few.

ReputationRep:
    HERETIC!!!

Though not plumbing the depths of Millenium, Northern Soul comes nowhere near the Broomhill Friary.

ReputationRep:
    broomhill friery for everything except kebabs, where northern soul wins.

millenium is one of the worst take aways i've ever seen.

*make a poll*

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't been to broomhill friery am I missing out.

ReputationRep:
    yes, their chips rock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I still haven't been to broomhill friery am I missing out.

:eek: Ahhhhhh Friery virgin.

You really are missing out ! Last time me, Chris and Anita went out we insisted on a stop off in Broomhill on the way back to Crookes at the Friery !

For Kebabs; Kebab World on Spooner Road beats the Friery and Northern Sole.

For Pizzas; despite now living in Crookes, we still swear by Pedrinos.

Avoid Millennium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    :eek: Ahhhhhh Friery virgin.

You really are missing out ! Last time me, Chris and Anita went out we insisted on a stop off in Broomhill on the way back to Crookes at the Friery !

For Kebabs; Kebab World on Spooner Road beats the Friery and Northern Sole.

Avoid Millennium.
    kebab world is the nicest, but it costs about twice as much as northern soul, but if i'm feeling rich....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)

Avoid Millennium.
    Soooooooo true! I'm also in Crookes now and Padrino's is still the best around. If only they could merge with the Friery.... :eating: I'd never leave! Best of all I went in the other night and they've extended their cheap delivery offer! Friery is a bit expensive though it has to be said, the cod portions are a bit small. I went in Padrino's so much last year (I practically lived off them in my first month of uni life!)..

ReputationRep:
    I heard that Millenium and and Balti King are owned by the same people...is that true??

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it is.

ReputationRep:
    Hey , I know Millenium has a bad rep but its not really that bad I have enjoyed many a kebab from there and not a hint of food poisoning in sight.

Also the bright lights attract you when drunk, and they deliver for free. What more do you people want?

ReputationRep:
    To be fair Millenium is always the last place to close. I've actually been in at about 5am once before and it was just about to close. Thats dedication!

Friery still sells the best chips though. Although the 15p charge for ketchup is extortionate (I wait till I get home now).

- Adam

ReputationRep:
    anyone go to the place??

ANyone heard of SHS?? I go there.. its the girl school!

ReputationRep:
    I drink in the Place frequently - I'll probably be in there later tonight after my meeting actually It's not a takeaway though and for those my vote does indeed go to the Friery, and Oasis for pizza. I agree with the comments about Millennium - we always went there in 1st year (before we learned better ) and never once got sick - and once we conned a free pizza out of them

ReputationRep:
    im going to the place tomorro..

I love Vittels too (and they do takeaways.. )

ReputationRep:
    I like tha place alot, good for sport and their food is nice.
    wednesday nights are great too, go at about 7 and you get in for free then enjoy the drinks for £1 later in the evening and you've got seats and a table to enjoy them on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    I like tha place alot, good for sport and their food is nice.
    wednesday nights are great too, go at about 7 and you get in for free then enjoy the drinks for £1 later in the evening and you've got seats and a table to enjoy them on.
    ive never been to the place at nite.. i just go for lunch, is it busy at nites??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annik)
    ive never been to the place at nite.. i just go for lunch, is it busy at nites??
    on a wednesday, very. All other nights it nicely busy,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    on a wednesday, very. All other nights it nicely busy,
    hmm..i mite hav to try!!
    Man alive..Im gonna miss the place and vittels when i leave!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2005
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.