Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    today i had horrible chest pains and difficutly with breathing. Is this just a little bit of a virus i have? Has anyone else had this? It really hurt

ReputationRep:
    Is it a sharp, stabbing pain in your chest and you can't take deep breaths? You have to take loads of quick, short breaths? And then it just goes away all of a sudden?

I have this! Doctor didn't know what was wrong with me... I had to go for heart scans and everything. Now they just think it is muscles spasming caused by stress.

ReputationRep:
    it felt as if someting was lying on my chest. The pain was kind of like growing pains but further up. I found it heard to take deep breaths.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Not sure if that's the same thing as me. I just get stabbing pains and it feels like I can't breathe. I can lasts betwen about 10 seconds and 5 minutes. Maybe you should get it checked out by doctor, just in case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    Hmm. Not sure if that's the same thing as me. I just get stabbing pains and it feels like I can't breathe. I can lasts betwen about 10 seconds and 5 minutes. Maybe you should get it checked out by doctor, just in case?
    it made me feel really ill today and i was stuck in the middle of tescos which didn't help lol. I think if it persists, i might see the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a sharp, stabbing pain in your chest and you can't take deep breaths? You have to take loads of quick, short breaths? And then it just goes away all of a sudden?

I have this! Doctor didn't know what was wrong with me... I had to go for heart scans and everything. Now they just think it is muscles spasming caused by stress.
    I get that aswell Its horrible isnt it? I also get weird fast hearbeats and I keep skipping beats. Doc just keeps prescribing me beta blockers but they make me feel a bit ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickadee)
    I get that aswell Its horrible isnt it? I also get weird fast hearbeats and I keep skipping beats. Doc just keeps prescribing me beta blockers but they make me feel a bit ill
    i've just been reading on www.ivillage.co.uk that pain in the chest, rapid heart beat, muscle ache and stomach problems are caused by stress.

ReputationRep:
    !!! I have those!! but my doc doesn't know either. had blood tests done, but nothing turned up

i also had once or twice, that feeling like your ribs are locking in and compressing your chest, it goes as quickly as it comes. strangely, it only happens when i lie on my left hand side :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepyeba doc doesn't know either. had blood tests done, but nothing turned up :(

i also had once or twice, that feeling like your ribs are locking in and compressing your chest, it goes as quickly as it comes. strangely, it only happens when i lie on my left hand side [s
    )

confused[/s]
    lol i get that. It's just the way you've been lying.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.