The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RachelBabyfrog
I'm not quite sure... they just give out too many, don't they? In any case, you got us beautifully back on topic! *Applauds*

I don't really know how it works! I'll have to ask my dad, he deals with admissions. And thanks! :biggrin:
RachelBabyfrog
I'm not quite sure... they just give out too many, don't they? In any case, you got us beautifully back on topic! *Applauds*

I've always thought they just gave out too many...otherwise all those places would go to waste!

I'm slightly concerned by the fact that I'm not really that upset about my rejections...maybe it's because I know I'm happy to reapply, and I'm not losing a year because I'm a year ahead in school anyway.

That said, if anyone doesn't want a Cambridge/Durham offer...?
Reply 62
hey fasterpurple u get rejected for all 6?
Reply 63
RachelBabyfrog

I think I remember reading somewhere that one of the top unis (Bristol maybe??) expected approximately 20% of the offers it gave out for English to be accepted. So I guess that assume many people will turn down their offers when they decide how many to make.
posh_git
hey fasterpurple u get rejected for all 6?

Not yet :wink: I've had four so far.
My dad, who's a senior lecturer in civil engineering at Bath, says that they basically just give out offers to everyone they'd be happy to take on the course. If they don't have enough people after results day, then the offers are kind of flexible, so if someone didn't quite make the grades they can still get in. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending