The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
I think there's a pub called varsity up towards westwood? Not entirely sure though, so we'll have to wait for some current students to get here :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
well done on your offer! i'm still waiting but even if Warwick did offer me a place (and i know this sounds ridiculous) i don't know if i'd take it because i'm concerned about the whole 'bubble' thing - simple things like not having a pub close by or really experiencing a town. I dunno - Exeter was my favourite but Warwick has such a high reputation!
Varsity is supposedly a "pub" but whenever I've been it's more sort of modern music and cheap drinks. Not very pub-like really. There is a pub being built on campus with the union rebuild, but since it's part of the union it'll be a student pub, which kind of changes the atmosphere.
In your second year you'll most likely want to be in Leamington (at least most people do) so you could check that out to see if it'd be worth putting up with a year of the campus. If you really want to leave campus you can but it's just a pain with buses and stuff. Birmingham is quite close too, and only cost me £3 to get there the other night.
Reply 4
It's a campus. The grad was pretty pub-like last year, and I believe that with the... err... Dirty Duck they're planning on recreating a similar pub-like atmosphere in the union next year.

There are a few local pubs within walking distance of the University though. The Phantom Coach is a Sizzling Grill a little way past Tesco, and there are a few others like the City Arms whose location I am uncertain of.
Reply 5
Shows how little I know about where it is then :p:
Reply 6

indeed, but it was OVERRULED.
Reply 8
:frown:

I like going down the pub.
Reply 9
ChloeGsy
well done on your offer! i'm still waiting but even if Warwick did offer me a place (and i know this sounds ridiculous) i don't know if i'd take it because i'm concerned about the whole 'bubble' thing - simple things like not having a pub close by or really experiencing a town. I dunno - Exeter was my favourite but Warwick has such a high reputation!

Year 2 and 3 is perfect for that :smile: Also, plenty of people get off campus in their first year :smile:
Reply 10

Really?

Dirty Duck is a **** name tho also..
Reply 11
Chrrye
Really?

Agreed.
Reply 12
Chrrye
Really?

Lol yeah there's a pub right near where I live called that, where loads of old people go, and I'm so not gonna be able to get past that mindset!

Latest