This discussion is closed.
SaeedRehman
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
True say, but there's always someone. I would have thought that flopping the second time was enough of a deterent, "OK I'm crap, I'm dropping this!"
Although a mate of mine says he will resit a year if he fails to make the grades to get into Cambridge. Obviously he hasn't accounted for if they reject him after interview or anything. Why waste a year for Cambridge, if they had already decided he isn't good enough?
have u read my other post, i would warn him to be honest as now the competition is getting fiercer, they wanted to introduce personal tests before but were not allowed. now they have a good excuse to do so. if he cant go thru the standard way, how will he pass with high marks of their aptitude tests, AND then will they offer him an interview? and still can reject him.

the funniest thing is they can reject you over anything and you dont know what. though if he is determined, give it a shot, as if he got in,it be worth it, but than you look at, if he doesnt, he lost a whole year. -he cant say atleast, he never tried!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by SaeedRehman)
have u read my other post, i would warn him to be honest as now the competition is getting fiercer, they wanted to introduce personal tests before but were not allowed. now they have a good excuse to do so. if he cant go thru the standard way, how will he pass with high marks of their aptitude tests, AND then will they offer him an interview? and still can reject him.
Thing is, he's quite confident. Too much unjustified confidence if you ask me, it may be his downfall. His dad's a Cambridge graduate, and he fits the white middle-class stereotype. He got BBCC at AS and fancies his chances less, but stiil is quite confident. As far as I know his extra reading is to the extent of Private Eye (he wants to do Social and Political Sciences). I reckon I've got a better chance than him to be honest.
SaeedRehman
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Thing is, he's quite confident. Too much unjustified confidence if you ask me, it may be his downfall. His dad's a Cambridge graduate, and he fits the white middle-class stereotype. He got BBCC at AS and fancies his chances less, but stiil is quite confident. As far as I know his extra reading is to the extent of Private Eye (he wants to do Social and Political Sciences). I reckon I've got a better chance than him to be honest.
not if you make 50 posts a day on this forum...lol
and yes you do have a better chanc being honest.

why doesnt he retake some of them modules? what was he predicted?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (485)
51.82%
No (451)
48.18%

Watched Threads