The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Natural, especially when you are with somebody you really like, it just seems to click into place. Same with most sexual things, do what feels right!?!!!
Reply 21
Mad Caddie
I didn't really learn how to kiss, but I think I tried to eat the face off the first girl I kissed. I have subsequently improved, I hope.

I think most guys do that the first time.. at least in my experience!!

Anyway, I think to an extent it's learned, technique can be refined, but most of the time, if they haven't got it, they haven't got it. I've been with guys who have been hopeless, then they've improved, but even when they have it hasn't compared to the guys who've naturally been good.

I also think whether you're a good kisser or not depends on the "fit" between two people... one of my ex boyfriends snogged another of my ex boyfriends and said he was a crap kisser, but I disgreed.. :p:
Reply 22
NDGAARONDI
Yeah. It's annoying when people see I had a lovebite, which didn't go away until weeks later, and automatically think other activities excluding kissing occured...

Argh I actually really hate lovebites, had to wear roll neck jumpers and scarfs for a week solid last month. :frown:
Reply 23
Mad Vlad
Its entirely possible :smile:

lol =P
jumpunderaboat
Argh I actually really hate lovebites, had to wear roll neck jumpers and scarfs for a week solid last month. :frown:

I wore a jumper over it, didn't work because it was big and fairly high up on my neck. I'm indifferent about them to be honest. People might say it's romantic but it depends on your views.
Reply 25
NDGAARONDI
Does anyone have any particular favourite styles of kissing then? I prefer the playful soft kinda ones rather than the deep suffocating ones...

It totally depends on the moment and the mood of the situation you're in. Being sober helps a lot, otherwise it just tends to be messy lust-driven tongues everywhere yuckness. Sometimes it's nice just to do the playful pecking, brushing lips thing, very sweet, other times it's better to be more intense about it all.

I don't know about girls, but I think with boys there is some that can be taught and some that just comes naturally. I have kissed the (former) biggest man***** in my year, as well as a guy who had only ever kissed two girls before me. The latter one was better, I can't entirely explain it, but it was definitely a much more enjoyable experience. I have no actual idea how good I am, I could say that I've never had any complaints, but then I've never complained about some fairly awful kisses, so maybe people are just being nice?
Helenia
Sometimes it's nice just to do the playful pecking, brushing lips thing, very sweet, other times it's better to be more intense about it all.

It is. I think it might help if you're both ticklish too.

Helenia
I have kissed the (former) biggest man***** in my year, as well as a guy who had only ever kissed two girls before me. The latter one was better, I can't entirely explain it, but it was definitely a much more enjoyable experience.

I've heard the same scenario but applied to sex.
Reply 27
NDGAARONDI
I've heard the same scenario but applied to sex.

Hmmm, I think there is more that is learnable there, though there is some of it that's natural, for both girls and boys in this case. Sometimes inexperience is a good thing though, because it means that they're less blasé about the whole thing and therefore try really hard (NB I'm not applying this specifically to sex, more about kissing and anything that follows).
Helenia
Sometimes inexperience is a good thing though, because it means that they're less blasé about the whole thing and therefore try really hard (NB I'm not applying this specifically to sex, more about kissing and anything that follows).

Absolutely.
Reply 29
concurred
Reply 30
A certain amount of it is natural, but you also learn what your other half likes, so things can change.
Just go with the flow. (I'm not telling you to piss on them...!)
I am pretty unusual in that i love lip contact, but like no tounge contact whatsoever,it seems a bit false to me, and i don't find it remotely erotic, in fact it really pisses me off, when someone is too fast, and shoving their face into yours with no delicacy...not sexy!
Reply 33
naivesincerity
I am pretty unusual in that i love lip contact, but like no tounge contact whatsoever,it seems a bit false to me, and i don't find it remotely erotic, in fact it really pisses me off, when someone is too fast, and shoving their face into yours with no delicacy...not sexy!

It's all about subtlety. Messy teenage style snogging can be fun but in many cases is not very sexy. When you do it well though, in combination with different styles, then it works...
Helenia
It's all about subtlety. Messy teenage style snogging can be fun but in many cases is not very sexy. When you do it well though, in combination with different styles, then it works...

Well i think i am a weirdo or something, as i seem to be the only one around who hates french kissing!!
I'm in Cambridge too Helenia, hi:smile:
Reply 36
learnt
Reply 37
naivesincerity
Well i think i am a weirdo or something, as i seem to be the only one around who hates french kissing!!

I agree, it isnt that great. Too many things are over-rated!
Descartes
I agree, it isnt that great. Too many things are over-rated!

Lip kissing is real nice with the right person, who shares your snesibilty...but tounges...no...dare i say sex? i could start a poll!
Reply 39
naivesincerity

Well, either you'll learn and change your mind (as I have about many things) or you'll just have to find someone else who appreciates that style!

Latest