Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    she was killed by the queen......the secret services r on there way........i wont be back!

but who cares. shes one dead woman, who happened to do a bit for charity, but she wasnt no1 2 special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    But don't they always?

Princess Diana knew what she was doing. She liked money and publicity and knew how to get it. But as soon as she died everyone made her out to be this amazing self-sacrificing saint who lived for charity. It's *******s, but it sells papers. The masses love a tragic heroine.
    Absolutely. I'm thoroughly ashamed to be a journalism student, I think they're all ethicless scum.

I've had to spend three years listening to all the things a good journalist would do, just because there's no BA Hons in Becoming a writer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    Absolutely. I'm thoroughly ashamed to be a journalism student, I think they're all ethicless scum.

I've had to spend three years listening to all the things a good journalist would do, just because there's no BA Hons in Becoming a writer.

I so agree Zurich, reading columnists in the newspapers just makes me think a lot fo them are foul people

ReputationRep:
    def! writing slanderous stuff......(nt always though!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    I need more votes!!!

ReputationRep:
    More Votes More Votes!!

ReputationRep:
    She did charity work when she had use for it, if her reputation was remotely tarnished, she'd make another visit to see some orphans.
    Perhaps her motives weren't entirely pure, but at least she did something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Leyla-)
    She did charity work when she had use for it, if her reputation was remotely tarnished, she'd make another visit to see some orphans.
    Perhaps her motives weren't entirely pure, but at least she did something.
    thats an interesting point about mixed motives

ReputationRep:
    i remember thinking it was quite disproportionate.

ReputationRep:
    excuse me, time to air my personal bee-in-bonnet....

Princess Diana did not die in that drunken driving/ weird conspiracy

Princess Diana died on the day of her divorce. The correct title is Diana, Princess of Wales. There is a difference (not that I really care what you guys say, that doesn't matter but you see it in offical write up and on memorials etc. Just damned, damned ignorant.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    excuse me, time to air my personal bee-in-bonnet....

Princess Diana did not die in that drunken driving/ weird conspiracy

Princess Diana died on the day of her divorce. The correct title is Diana, Princess of Wales. There is a difference (not that I really care what you guys say, that doesn't matter but you see it in offical write up and on memorials etc. Just damned, damned ignorant.)
    so...her name was diana and she was a princess. whats the difficulty?

ReputationRep:
    hey, if she'd been wearing a seatbelt she'd be alive now,

like the only person in the car who was wearing one, the driver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    hey, if she'd been wearing a seatbelt she'd be alive now,

like the only person in the car who was wearing one, the driver.
    if i recall...the driver was killed too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    if i recall...the driver was killed too...
    whoops, it was her bodyguard who survived.

http://www.garageboy.com/fahrt/diana.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    (not that I really care what you guys say, that doesn't matter but you see it in offical write up and on memorials etc. Just damned, damned ignorant.)
    Ahhhh shaddup

ReputationRep:
    i dont think that the reaction was at all abnormal! she was an institution in this country and so many people felt that without meeting her they knew her ... to most of the public she was the Queen of Hearts, and when someone you feel close to dies, theres going to be a reaction. the fact that so many people reacted in the way that they did, just shows that they "knew" her too, she was one of their own dying ...

dnno if that makes sense!! oops!

ReputationRep:
    I just feel bad for poor William and Harry who had to go through it all. They were so young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    i dont think that the reaction was at all abnormal! she was an institution in this country and so many people felt that without meeting her they knew her ... to most of the public she was the Queen of Hearts, and when someone you feel close to dies, theres going to be a reaction. the fact that so many people reacted in the way that they did, just shows that they "knew" her too, she was one of their own dying ...

dnno if that makes sense!! oops!
    i think it was actually diana who crowned herself "Queen of Hearts". she first coined the phrase in the martin bashir interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidney thief)
    i think it was actually diana who crowned herself "Queen of Hearts". she first coined the phrase in the martin bashir interview
    oops...didnt actually know that...but it did fit didnt it? she touched so many people's hearts for what she did for all those people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    Fair enough, but charity = publicity. And she didn't have to WORK for a living. She just had money, for nothing. If I had that - I'm sure I could spend my whole life helping charities too. As could we all.
    I see what you're saying, and that's fair enough, I'm sure that if we were all in that position, we'd do the same, but the point is she was in that position, and she did it. She was the one making the difference, not us, regardless of our intentions. As good as our intentions may be, and even our offerings of help, in quantity, none of it can compare to the amount she did. She really did touch so many people, and in my ignorance, I don't think I truly realised this until she had gone.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.