Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Watch the thing on BBC1 at 10.15. Panorama - Scotland's shame. You'll soon get an insight into what Scotland is really like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davie_Moyes)
    Watch the thing on BBC1 at 10.15. Panorama - Scotland's shame. You'll soon get an insight into what Scotland is really like.
    Is it about Scottish racism? Or Backwardness, homophobia etc?

ReputationRep:
    Actually I don't think I know Scotland at all. I've never been further north than Nottingham. But I think I'll watch it- Panorama programs are normally pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Secetrainism in the West/Central of Scotland i.e. Glasgow and about.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reminder...want to see if they're the softie version of real religious hatred

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    thanks for the reminder...want to see if they're the softie version of real religious hatred
    Not really a softie version... there are strong links to the sectarianism in Ireland. In fact most of them are the same groups... a lot of weapons that find themselves over there come via Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    Not really a softie version... there are strong links to the sectarianism in Ireland. In fact most of them are the same groups... a lot of weapons that find themselves over there come via Scotland.
    ive always been aware of the problems in some areas of scotland, considering the prods all came from scotland in the 1600's etc and before and after at different points.

im very close to scotland. my surname is scottish from way back. i can see scotland from the seafront in my town on a clear day

and of course, im a die hard rangers fan

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, the Rangers/Celtic setarianism. It all gets so complicated. I was in a shop the other day, the guy behind the counter was wearing a Celtic top. Two guys come in and start shouting abuse at him, "Catholic b*stard!" (and worse), so he shouts "I'm a f*cking MUSLIM, you ****s!". Heh. I was amused at the time.

Plus the fact that a load of Rangers "fans" migrated to Celtic when Rangers stopped winning all the time :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ive always been aware of the problems in some areas of scotland, considering the prods all came from scotland in the 1600's etc and before and after at different points.

im very close to scotland. my surname is scottish from way back. i can see scotland from the seafront in my town on a clear day

I never thought I'd see the day when i would find something me and you have in common. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, the Rangers/Celtic setarianism. It all gets so complicated. I was in a shop the other day, the guy behind the counter was wearing a Celtic top. Two guys come in and start shouting abuse at him, "Catholic b*stard!" (and worse), so he shouts "I'm a f*cking MUSLIM, you ****s!". Heh. I was amused at the time.

Plus the fact that a load of Rangers "fans" migrated to Celtic when Rangers stopped winning all the time :rolleyes:
    Yep. I know of a few people who did that. Eejits. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    dont lie.

you'd be slaughtered with butchers knives if you did that here. probably harder to do that here because all your friends are of one religion, your school is religiously segregated and the area you live in is always predominately one or the other.

spose it would be a good assisted suicide tactic if you want someone to dispose of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I never thought I'd see the day when i would find something me and you have in common. :eek:
    you're lucky. it could only be made worse if you supported celtic!

ReputationRep:
    Makes me sick to be Glaswegian and Scottish.

I am glad I support Motherwell.

ReputationRep:

HAHAHAHA!

ReputationRep:

who?

ReputationRep:
    Shame you will never know what its like to be a real football fan.

You and your fans would never get excited about friendlies at Carlisle or cup games on a Tuesday night at Morton. (Oh Ive been to most away and home this season)

ReputationRep:
    Shame you will never know what its like to be a real football fan.

You and your fans would never get excited about friendlies at Carlisle or cup games on a Tuesday night at Morton. (Oh Ive been to most away and home this season)
    shame you'll never know what its like to win a league title

here it goes far beyond football. you are literally running the risk of dying for your club. its the way its always been and always will be.

ReputationRep:
    Motherwell suck though. That James whatshisname guy was the only player who was really good. And he left them as soon as everyone realised that did he not? Or am i talking crap? lol

ReputationRep:
    Eh naw.

He left Motherwell at the time when it was right.

As for only good players: Cooper, Kirk, McAlister, McLaier, St John, Wark and more recently Hammell and Pearson are just some of the many famous ones.

Support you local team which is the Well.

ReputationRep:
    Eh naw.

He left Motherwell at the time when it was right.

As for only good players: Cooper, Kirk, McAlister, McLaier, St John, Wark and more recently Hammell and Pearson are just some of the many famous ones.

Support you local team which is the Well.
    my local scottish team is stranraer. i think i'll stick with rangers like ive done since my 2nd birthday

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.