Students Gone Too Soft Watch

This discussion is closed.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
haha. i hope your first degree wasn't in law. by the way, NW3? pffft, i'd at least expect SW7.
Exactly, thank you. I don't see how NW3 people can be so snobbish, everyone knows NW3 is for those that haven't quite made it. I tried to pop Lucille's ego, but it is much too inflated already
Ariel4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lucian Deville)
Hi

We are very sad at the factual facts here as present by certain posters!!

why are we being attacked for living in a humble 700k home in NW3 - in Lon ther are thousands of people tha have homes worth in excess of 700k!!

our humble MB/c class, cost us a mere 27k - millions of people around the uk drive in cars that are qorth more than ours.

Why are certain posters picking on us for asking a factual question??

We as tax payers support students, and we to are PT students in private education but have no ill feelings for supporting sensible students.

we want all of you to do well and get a job that helps the nation.

A students, you must cut down on the drinking and demonstrate for peace on earht!!

We'd like to be chums with all here!!

Regards

Lucian
oh go away. and if you must continue to post on her please stop using the plural pronoun when you refer to yourself it is rather irritating and makes you sound rather pretentious.
trouttrout
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it's called not being naive anymore!!!! Do you rerally think protesting works?! Fox hunting... top up fees..... what's the point, they'll do what they want simple as.

Accept it!
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi

We are very sad at the factual facts here as present by certain posters!!

why are we being attacked for living in a humble 700k home in NW3 - in Lon ther are thousands of people tha have homes worth in excess of 700k!!

our humble MB/c class, cost us a mere 27k - millions of people around the uk drive in cars that are qorth more than ours.

Why are certain posters picking on us for asking a factual question??

We as tax payers support students, and we to are PT students in private education but have no ill feelings for supporting sensible students.

we want all of you to do well and get a job that helps the nation.

A students, you must cut down on the drinking and demonstrate for peace on earht!!

We'd like to be chums with all here!!

Regards

Lucian
Perhaps you might better serve as the Queen's understudy; someone to fill in, in the event of an "accident". You know, like Michael Douglas' U.S. President in 'Dave'.
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oooh, i know what we could we could protest agaisnt.

......... the royal family!
get rid of them!
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
a humble 700k home in NW3
700K? Hardly enough to justify using "we". are you the butler, per chance?
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i doubt hes even the butler, he probably just cleans their toilets.
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Actually there was a massive protest march against top up fees here in Cardiff not all that long ago.
Lucian Deville
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by -Emmz-)
Actually there was a massive protest march against top up fees here in Cardiff not all that long ago.
Thanks fo that!!!

If people remained on their back-sides, 24/7 and did nothing, believe us when we state - you don't half know the meaning of big brother!

thanks again firend!!!!
Lucian Deville

Hi

We are well within the respected law of the land when we refer to ourselves as we!!!!

Our home is worth approx 700k and this is a conservative estimate!!!

We are not claiming to be rich and we do not have a butler!!

We do have three new/ish cars in our humble home - we work a 30 hour week - two international holidays a year - a gardener - odd job woman - cleaner - ironing lady - but not a butler as we cannot justify the cost and it would clash with our private lives!!!!!!

We have in the region of 200k in cash - no shares as we went 100% a week before the infamous 9/11 terror attack. We have saving schemes that are worth in excess of 150k if we were to cash them in today. Couple of pension schems - but we are not well oof to an extent where we could retire and live comfortably.

our home is relatively cheap comparded to most homes in london. However, if we were to Blackheath SE3, on the exclusive Cator estate that is a very large gated community with private roads - we could by a relatively nice property near our brothers home for about 600k - the most expensive peoperty on that estate is approx 2 million and cheapest is 350k.

We've worked hard and not really made a penny from the stock market or peoperties - we are relatively happy with our humble stauts and humble 27k , c class MB, as we are not of the type of buy today and sell tomorrow like chavs who can't afford the goods.

Envy us if you must, but decent students will know that we've worked hard for a basic standard of living!!!!!!!
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi

We are well within the respected law of the land when we refer to ourselves as we!!!!

Our home is worth approx 700k and this is a conservative estimate!!!

We are not claiming to be rich and we do not have a butler!!

We do have three new/ish cars in our humble home - we work a 30 hour week - two international holidays a year - a gardener - odd job woman - cleaner - ironing lady - but not a butler as we cannot justify the cost and it would clash with our private lives!!!!!!

We have in the region of 200k in cash - no shares as we went 100% a week before the infamous 9/11 terror attack. We have saving schemes that are worth in excess of 150k if we were to cash them in today. Couple of pension schems - but we are not well oof to an extent where we could retire and live comfortably.

our home is relatively cheap comparded to most homes in london. However, if we were to Blackheath SE3, on the exclusive Cator estate that is a very large gated community with private roads - we could by a relatively nice property near our brothers home for about 600k - the most expensive peoperty on that estate is approx 2 million and cheapest is 350k.

We've worked hard and not really made a penny from the stock market or peoperties - we are relatively happy with our humble stauts and humble 27k , c class MB, as we are not of the type of buy today and sell tomorrow like chavs who can't afford the goods.

Envy us if you must, but decent students will know that we've worked hard for a basic standard of living!!!!!!!
it sounds like you have done well for yourself, you must have worked hard, well done. im not being funny here, but why do you keep saying about all the things you have. i think there are much more important things than a nice house and a nice car.
Lucian Deville
(Original post by trouttrout)
it's called not being naive anymore!!!! Do you rerally think protesting works?! Fox hunting... top up fees..... what's the point, they'll do what they want simple as.

Accept it!

Hi T

You are entitled to your uneducated opinion, and no disrespect intended!!!!!

If people were to take your view and continued to sit on their large bottoms, this country would have been over run by criminals/nazi type skin heads and general scum. The richer getting richer and the poorer getting poorer!!!!

We are ordinary working class people that fid it hard to save these days!!

Council tax is going through the roof.

the stamp duty on homes that are worth a mere 500k is ajoke!!! In London, one has to pay in excess of 500k to get something ordinary!!!

We are sorry to report that if our grandparents took the same view as you do that it is not worht demo - england would of been taken over by the Germans!!
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi

When we were students, we remember going on many protests - good drink, good, loud protest and hard work back at uni.

We believed in causes and many times potested outside number 10, and other related causes.

We may be wrong, but today's students are very busy studying and generally enjoying themselves!!!

What about revolutions for good causes????? :rolleyes:
it's students like you that piss me off to be honest, cant be doing with all of these do gooders wanting to make the world a better place.
Lucian Deville
(Original post by Ariel4)
it sounds like you have done well for yourself, you must have worked hard, well done. im not being funny here, but why do you keep saying about all the things you have. i think there are much more important things than a nice house and a nice car.
Hi

Good post!!

In order to build a half decent living, one needs their health first - health is wealth as the old saying goes!!

However, money does help one feel better after a hard days work and returning to a nice working class home in a new MB - kind of goal achieved.

love is also important in life, just like being hones!!

You must know some families that lack the social skills to priortise their finances.

we know a few families through our humble employment that have come to blows/split up/commited crime just becuase they do not have enough money or just plain greedy!!!

What we are trying to say is that people must demonstrate to defening the rights of hard working, working class people like us that find it really difficult to save any new money!!!

As students we demonstrated as we knew if we did not - 99% of the public would lose!!
Lucian Deville
(Original post by serious narb)
it's students like you that piss me off to be honest, cant be doing with all of these do gooders wanting to make the world a better place.

Students like you are lazy and damn right selfish, if you don't mind us making this factually correct judgement.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi T

You are entitled to your uneducated opinion, and no disrespect intended!!!!!

If people were to take your view and continued to sit on their large bottoms, this country would have been over run by criminals/nazi type skin heads and general scum. The richer getting richer and the poorer getting poorer!!!!

We are ordinary working class people that fid it hard to save these days!!

Council tax is going through the roof.

the stamp duty on homes that are worth a mere 500k is ajoke!!! In London, one has to pay in excess of 500k to get something ordinary!!!

We are sorry to report that if our grandparents took the same view as you do that it is not worht demo - england would of been taken over by the Germans!!
You don't sound as though you'd have the intelligence to total pocket change, let alone deal in stocks and shares.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Students like you are lazy and damn right selfish, if you don't mind us making this factually correct judgement.
thats probably the most pathetic thing I have ever heard, im poor enough as it is so i dont agree with Charity and yeah I would always put myself 1st rather than interfere in worlwide affairs that dont concern me in any way

Even though i am a student I ****ing hate Students!
Lucian Deville
(Original post by Ariel4)
oooh, i know what we could we could protest agaisnt.

......... the royal family!
get rid of them!

Hi

Sure you can boy!!!

It's becuase of people like us that have won you the right to demonstrate to your hearts content!!

However, be warned, we will defend HM The Queen with our lives!! :mad: :mad:
Lucian Deville
(Original post by serious narb)
thats probably the most pathetic thing I have ever heard, im poor enough as it is so i dont agree with Charity and yeah I would always put myself 1st rather than interfere in worlwide affairs that dont concern me in any way

Even though i am a student I ****ing hate Students!

Hi

When one starts to rant like a chav, just shows that one is unable to express itself!!!!!

You appear to be totally uneducated and appear as though you never been to college/uni - possibly you envy us????

To tarnish ALL students the way you have done makes you look inept in the first degree. LOL, at least you've got a degree now!!
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi

Good post!!

In order to build a half decent living, one needs their health first - health is wealth as the old saying goes!!

However, money does help one feel better after a hard days work and returning to a nice working class home in a new MB - kind of goal achieved.

love is also important in life, just like being hones!!

You must know some families that lack the social skills to priortise their finances.

we know a few families through our humble employment that have come to blows/split up/commited crime just becuase they do not have enough money or just plain greedy!!!

What we are trying to say is that people must demonstrate to defening the rights of hard working, working class people like us that find it really difficult to save any new money!!!

As students we demonstrated as we knew if we did not - 99% of the public would lose!!
thanks!

but tbh, you really do not sound like you are from any sort of working class background whatsoever. homes that are worth £700k do not tend to belong to working class people.

just because a person finds it difficult to organise their finances, it does not mean they are lacking in social skills. imagine both parents having to work full time to bring up four children, then try to find the time to organise finances. its not as easy as you seem to think. or being a single a mother unable to work because childcare is to expensive, so the only to get money to afford the childcare is to commit benefit fraud. in my opinion that is not very criminal, although it may be so legally. some people have no choice.

oh and by the way a house that is worth £500,000 is not "mere" at all.

and may i ask what your job is?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed