Bar ideas Watch

This discussion is closed.
britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I work in a bar which is like a church parish bar and there's 2 main areas, a members bar and a function room where weddings/birthdays are held e.t.c. and recently profits have been really low and I've been asked to come up with some ideas as to how to get more people coming in/improve profits e.t.c. The bar already has a pool table, snooker table, television for sport, darts board and a bandit. Just wondering if anybody has any sort of ideas? I've already suggested a Jukebox....
Chickadee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Happy hour!! Hehehe Ummm....pole dancers?
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Considering its run by the church, don't think pole dancers would go down too well As for happy hour that probably could but it would be down to the people who run it as a whole, I need ideas that can make an impact but don't require too much red tape
SciFi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by britishseapower)
I work in a bar which is like a church parish bar and there's 2 main areas, a members bar and a function room where weddings/birthdays are held e.t.c. and recently profits have been really low and I've been asked to come up with some ideas as to how to get more people coming in/improve profits e.t.c. The bar already has a pool table, snooker table, television for sport, darts board and a bandit. Just wondering if anybody has any sort of ideas? I've already suggested a Jukebox....
A quiz, trust me quiz nights bump up profits. Or even kareoke!!
Chickadee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SciFi25)
A quiz, trust me quiz nights bump up profits.
Yeeeh, you could do different nights. A quiz night is a good idea. You could also do kareoke? Or bingo? That sounds gay but my school sometimes does bingo nights and its so much fun!
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Thanks, those are good ideas, I'll put them forward
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For me the things that attract me to a pub in order of prefernece

1) None smoking - They are rare but I would go to a none smoking pub if I had a choice, in reality this dosn't happen

2) Juke Box - The music is important, a good indie juke box is guarenteed to get me in.

3) Clientel if its too rough I would avoid the place no matter how good it scores for 1 and 2.

4) Prices - Not too important, but good drink offers get you into the pub in the first place.

I think the most practical thing you could implement is a juke box, there is nothing worse than silent pubs.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why not offer free membership for a month
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Its free anyway you just have to fill in a form but we don't really enforce it that much
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Its free anyway you just have to fill in a form but we don't really enforce it that much
The abolishment of membership might help. I hate places like that.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

just wondering..do you serve snakebite
britishseapower
Rep:
?
no we just serve your average stuff
britishseapower
Rep:
?
(Original post by SciFi25)
The abolishment of membership might help. I hate places like that.
it might turn the regulars away though and we rely on them, one problem is they always come in to the members bar on a friday but if there is ever a function on in the function room opposite, they never come in for some reason
britishseapower
Rep:
?
by the way the functions are usually on saturdays
BlueAlex
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the quiz night is a great idea, plus themed nights (probably NOT a tarts & Vicars night though)
KingAS
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
live band (cheap school band could even do), or a DJ!!
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yea and maybe do homemade food and student nights
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
work out your target audience.

Is it in a studenty area? If so then offer student deals that are cheap (£1 a pint etc).

If its in an old mans area then god knows really :\
Chickadee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ynox)

If its in an old mans area then god knows really :\
Yeeeeh....Id go with the pole dancer idea
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.26%
No - I got the required grades (109)
59.24%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.5%

Watched Threads