Resits? Watch

This discussion is closed.
PhoenixSTL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey, me and Phil23 have gotten into quite a debate and have confused and worried ourselves over resits. How many times are you allowed to resit a module? Does the recent result go towards the final grade, or the better mark of the two? For example, sit a Phys 1 in summer 04, get 69, resit it in Jan 05, get a 47, which would go towards the final grade?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PhoenixSTL)
Hey, me and Phil23 have gotten into quite a debate and have confused and worried ourselves over resits. How many times are you allowed to resit a module? Does the recent result go towards the final grade, or the better mark of the two? For example, sit a Phys 1 in summer 04, get 69, resit it in Jan 05, get a 47, which would go towards the final grade?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
can resit any number of times as many as you like. your school prob will stop you after the second time.the highest mark out of all the sittings counts towards the gradein the example, 69 goes forth.
PhoenixSTL
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
can resit any number of times as many as you like. your school prob will stop you after the second time.the highest mark out of all the sittings counts towards the gradein the example, 69 goes forth.
thanks for clearing it up for us
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
In our school we can resit as many times as we like, but they won't stop us from taking it after the second time though. This might be different from your school, beware of tat. Obviously, the highest mark counts. On your results slip, the higher grade will count, while the first attempt still appears on the bottom of the results slip.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise