Turn on thread page Beta

i hadn't been to sleep for a while when i had this really boring lecture. i didn't intend too, but i fell asleep in it. once the lecture was over and most the people had gone, the lecturer came over to me woke me up and looked really angry. he practically shouted at me and said i made him look stupid. i said sorry but he called me immature and stupid and it made me feel like a school kid again.

should i complain?

ReputationRep:
    er no.

ReputationRep:
    do you want HIM to lose his job because YOU fell asleep in his lecture making HIM feel stupid?

YOU sound immature to me.

(Original post by Wata)
    do you want HIM to lose his job because YOU fell asleep in his lecture making HIM feel stupid?

YOU sound immature to me.
    i'm 21. if i sound immature it's because i don't use the computer much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    i hadn't been to sleep for a while when i had this really boring lecture. i didn't intend too, but i fell asleep in it. once the lecture was over and most the people had gone, the lecturer came over to me woke me up and looked really angry. he practically shouted at me and said i made him look stupid. i said sorry but he called me immature and stupid and it made me feel like a school kid again.

should i complain?
    What will you actually gain out of complaining about this? You'd probably just gain a label in the eyes of the other lecturers and tutors as a trouble maker. The lecturer was probably just having a bad day, we all have them now and then. If he's consistently rude and aggressive, or his insults are personally directed at you, then maybe you should tell someone about it. Other than that, I wouldn't take it personally, just maybe go to bed earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    What will you actually gain out of complaining about this? You'd probably just gain a label in the eyes of the other lecturers and tutors as a trouble maker. The lecturer was probably just having a bad day, we all have them now and then. If he's consistently rude and aggressive, or his insults are personally directed at you, then maybe you should tell someone about it. Other than that, I wouldn't take it personally, just maybe go to bed earlier.
    Agreed.

(Original post by Petrozzi)
    Agreed.
    you should apologise and explain you did not do it intentionally otherwise he will have it in for you!

ReputationRep:
    you should apologise and explain you did not do it intentionally otherwise he will have it in for you!
    you should sit further back in the lecture theatre.

ReputationRep:
    If your too tired and likely to fall asleep, just dont go, you won't learn anything in that state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-shiraz)
    If your too tired and likely to fall asleep, just dont go, you won't learn anything in that state.
    sometimes you go to get the notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    sometimes you go to get the notes
    I just asked other people nicely to go get them for me.

ReputationRep:
    might be true... some teachers are like that.

lol, i been sleeping in alot of my lectures, one time, i slept right through one lecture, and just woke up in time, when the lecture end, so i think cool, i then went to my lecturer to sign in, and she said, i am sorry, u been very rude, how dare u sleep in my lecture, and she wouldn't let me sign in

i am now officially known as the guy who sleeps in lecture....lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest)
    lol, i been sleeping in alot of my lectures, one time, i slept right through one lecture, and just woke up in time, when the lecture end, so i think cool, i then went to my lecturer to sign in, and she said, i am sorry, u been very rude, how dare u sleep in my lecture, and she wouldn't let me sign in

i am now officially known as the guy who sleeps in lecture....lol

I think the lecturers are being unprofessional and immature in their response to you to be honest. At the end of the day, it's your degree and I think that they should take a more concerned approach to you rather than an immature "You fell asleep in my lecture, you insulted me and made me look stupid" That is a very childish response from a supposedly highly educated lecturer!! They should recognise that you have a problem (you obviously do!!!) and help you, instead of thinking of themselves all the time. I find that at my uni - they're so selfish and think only of how they feel, not the welfare of the students. I have anxiety and depressionk, registered as a disability and the lack of support from one of my departments is frightening! They take everything personally!!! To me that is immaturity and you should have been allowed to sign in at the end of your lecture as you were there, you made the effort to go. Maybe you have some kind of sleep disturbance that needs attention because falling asleep like that isn't normal!!! I hate tutors right now I really do and I am 25 and committed to my studies. I am so disillusioned with uni, the tutors are so selfish, childish and unprofessional it's unbelievable! Does anyone else have that problem?

ReputationRep:

should i complain?
    lol complain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    lol complain?
    from his point of view, its quite embarassing to have a student falling asleep, but i guess its partly his fault for it being so un-interesting

ReputationRep:
    Well the fact that they have devoted their life to that subject whilst the student went to sleep isn't good.

ReputationRep:

should i complain?
    Hmm. I'd demand an apology from him. And maybe get some dirt and blackmail him. But it might not be a good idea in your situation. It's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Hmm. I'd demand an apology from him. And maybe get some dirt and blackmail him. But it might not be a good idea in your situation. It's up to you.
    for me i wouldnt really talk to the lecturer again, im not good at relationships with someone after trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    for me i wouldnt really talk to the lecturer again, im not good at relationships with someone after trouble
    Who is?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.