Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by piginapoke)
    I once walked out of a lecture at uni in order to meet an appointment elsewhere. The lecturer went ape. She tried to get me to sit back down like I was at school!
    when push comes to shove if a lecturer takes issue with you like the aboves you can tell them to go f*ck themselves.
    I sh1t you not, if a lecturer acted like any of the above to me, I'd tell them where to go. If they complain that you fell asleep you can easily point out you were working late last night, and wasn't preapred for how boring a way they can put across a topic
    J

ReputationRep:
    eheheheh.....i'd laugh in those difficult and gauche situations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    when push comes to shove if a lecturer takes issue with you like the aboves you can tell them to go f*ck themselves.
    I sh1t you not, if a lecturer acted like any of the above to me, I'd tell them where to go. If they complain that you fell asleep you can easily point out you were working late last night, and wasn't preapred for how boring a way they can put across a topic
    J
    And won't they penalize you just a tad when marking your work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    i hadn't been to sleep for a while when i had this really boring lecture. i didn't intend too, but i fell asleep in it. once the lecture was over and most the people had gone, the lecturer came over to me woke me up and looked really angry. he practically shouted at me and said i made him look stupid. i said sorry but he called me immature and stupid and it made me feel like a school kid again.

should i complain?

People in authority sometimes think that just because they are in that position they are right. He had a right to tell you something, to come over and talk to you, but not to make you feel stupid. For all he knows you could be tired from dealing with domestic violence or some other such ****. But, don't complain, at most all he did was be a little insensitive.

ReputationRep:
    We have our Java lecture at 3:00-5:00 after solid letures from 9:-3:00. I and my team mates often fall alspeep during the lecture for about 5 minutes or so but we just make a joke about it with the lecturer. He just tells us how he was the same when he was studying physics at Manchester University.

Most lecturers are human and they understand that attending lecturers and concentrating can be hard if you're tired.

ReputationRep:
    should i complain?
    No.

i hadn't been to sleep for a while when i had this really boring lecture. i didn't intend too, but i fell asleep in it. once the lecture was over and most the people had gone, the lecturer came over to me woke me up and looked really angry. he practically shouted at me and said i made him look stupid. i said sorry but he called me immature and stupid and it made me feel like a school kid again.

should i complain?
    lol that is absolutely hilarious..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    What will you actually gain out of complaining about this? You'd probably just gain a label in the eyes of the other lecturers and tutors as a trouble maker. The lecturer was probably just having a bad day, we all have them now and then. If he's consistently rude and aggressive, or his insults are personally directed at you, then maybe you should tell someone about it. Other than that, I wouldn't take it personally, just maybe go to bed earlier.
    The lecturer is justified in telling him off for sleeping in his lectures. He should be pleased that he got a warning, will make him work harder and sleep earlier the night before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono_3)
    The lecturer is justified in telling him off for sleeping in his lectures. He should be pleased that he got a warning, will make him work harder and sleep earlier the night before.

Are you from our generation?!

(Original post by 2776)
    And won't they penalize you just a tad when marking your work?
    Lecturers don't mark work. It isn't like school here for god's sake. Even if lecturers were to mark work, it would always be done on an anonymous number system like in america.
    At camridge you can sometimes have lecturers supervise you (relatively rare in most subjects) but if you take issue to one of them you can change them.
    J

ReputationRep:

should i complain?
    you are a ****ing amateur mate

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.