Turn on thread page Beta

Ive gotta sit one of these for law. can anyone tell me if they ahve sat on these and what kind of questions do they ask? What would be good/if anything to prepare with?

ReputationRep:
    I think by their very nature these will be questions that you can't/ possibly shouldn't prepare for.

(Original post by theone)
    I think by their very nature these will be questions that you can't/ possibly shouldn't prepare for.
    Will it be things like 'Abortion - critically analyse views for and against' like it is in general studies papers, or will it require general knowledge about the law (of which I have none).

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but I don't really know.

If I had to guess, I'd say that they will be more like critical thinking type questions, but I don't really know.

The Cambridge website is the best place to look, also, you should be able to get hold of a specimen paper even if you have to contact them...

Sorry, but I don't really know.

If I had to guess, I'd say that they will be more like critical thinking type questions, but I don't really know.

The Cambridge website is the best place to look, also, you should be able to get hold of a specimen paper even if you have to contact them...
    Critical thinking? Wots that? God I bet ill be shite at that and not get in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Critical thinking? Wots that? God I bet ill be shite at that and not get in...
    Well you could check out come past Critical Thinking papers on the exam boards various websites if it is critical thinking skills you require.

ReputationRep:
    Well, here's a link to an article on the Guardian about Cambridge 'thinking skills' tests. There's a link at the bottom of the page to a sample test. It mentions a few subjects in the article, but not law, so this probably isn't quite what you're looking for, but it might be of some help.
    http://education.guardian.co.uk/univ...048906,00.html

Well you could check out come past Critical Thinking papers on the exam boards various websites if it is critical thinking skills you require.
    I just did the multiple choice questions and got 14/16 so i spose im ok on 'critical thinking' LOL. I could be arsed to do the 2 mark questions they would have taken forever.

ReputationRep:
    It's unlikely to be an exam on Law, I'd guess, since they don't like people to have studied Law before they come up - they like to have a clean sheet. It might have bits that they'd expect everyone to know but it's more likely that you'd just need general knowledge and an analytical way of thnking.

Though please bear in mind that I'm a scientist so definitely not speaking from experience!!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.