This discussion is closed.
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I hope they dont grill u at the interview.... my interviewers are all women though so hopefully they wont be as stern as some middle aged man!
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregisteredjjj)
I hope they dont grill u at the interview.... my interviewers are all women though so hopefully they wont be as stern as some middle aged man!
How do you know they are women? What subject you going for?
I havent got my interview dates yet..
Tub Girl
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Is Girton seen as a 'lower' college by Cambridge undergrads? Is the distance from the university lecture buildings resented by the Girton students.

Thanx!

-k-
No Girton is a well respected college
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
How do you know they are women? What subject you going for?
I have got my interview dates yet..
Im goin for law, so u better not be doing it too cos u sound really intelligent lol ...

In the prospectus for girton there are the names of all the directors of studies and tutors. For Law there are 3 women i think. I dunno bout your subject.

I havnt heard anything about interviews apart from the fact that they will start week beginning 8th december.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Im goin for law, so u better not be doing it too cos u sound really intelligent lol ...

In the prospectus for girton there are the names of all the directors of studies and tutors. For Law there are 3 women i think. I dunno bout your subject.

I havnt heard anything about interviews apart from the fact that they will start week beginning 8th december.
Lol.. oops I'm doing Law too!! I might see you there..
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Lol.. oops I'm doing Law too!! I might see you there..

Really? ****...cuts my chances in half lol

That gross picture is so rank!
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Really? ****...cuts my chances in half lol

That gross picture is so rank!
Yeh its sick

Lol- no way! You have just as much chance of getting in as me. I'm just dreading the test!! Did you choose Girton or where you put there?
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Yeh its sick

Lol- no way! You have just as much chance of getting in as me. I'm just dreading the test!! Did you choose Girton or where you put there?
i was put there through open (starting to regret that decision but hey, im not gonna get an offer anyways) ... im not really taking the cambridge application seriously, i mean, i wanna get in, but i wont be devastated if i dont cos ive kind of set myself up for not getting in anyway.

How did u do at AS? I wanna see my competition lol Im gonna **** up that test big time though! Im from a comp (r u?) so teaching isnt that great but its ok.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i was put there through open (starting to regret that decision but hey, im not gonna get an offer anyways) ... im not really taking the cambridge application seriously, i mean, i wanna get in, but i wont be devastated if i dont cos ive kind of set myself up for not getting in anyway.

How did u do at AS? I wanna see my competition lol Im gonna **** up that test big time though! Im from a comp (r u?) so teaching isnt that great but its ok.
Yeh I'm from a comprehensive too- its not great but I think I'd prefer it to a grammar school. Wasn't eligable for the CSAS though.. ah well..

I got AAB for my AS's. How about you?

It will be a huge bonus if I get it but I wont be upset.. plenty of other good unis out there.

Where else have you applied to?

(the pictures off! .. that was soo gross!)
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Yeh I'm from a comprehensive too- its not great but I think I'd prefer it to a grammar school. Wasn't eligable for the CSAS though.. ah well..

I got AAB for my AS's. How about you?

It will be a huge bonus if I get it but I wont be upset.. plenty of other good unis out there.

Where else have you applied to?

(the pictures off! .. that was soo gross!)
Me too on the CSAS thing - too many people from my school go to uni for me to qualify.

I got 4A's but no chance of repeating it at A2. Psychology is a *****! I know from your profile u r doin maths too. Have u started P3 yet? we are now finishing P2 but looking at the P3 textbook is horrible lol

Ive also applied to nottingham/soton/warwick hopefully get offers there
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Excuse Me Sorry To Interrupt But I Find Tub Girls Pic Offersive How Do I Report This
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Me too on the CSAS thing - too many people from my school go to uni for me to qualify.

I got 4A's but no chance of repeating it at A2. Psychology is a *****! I know from your profile u r doin maths too. Have u started P3 yet? we are now finishing P2 but looking at the P3 textbook is horrible lol

Ive also applied to nottingham/soton/warwick hopefully get offers there
Wow- congrats on your results!!

No haven't finished P2 yet.. Im having enough trouble with P2 to even think about P3!! My Maths teacher thinks that once you do P3 then everything else will seem really easy! lol

I've applied to LSE, UCL, Nottingham, Keele and Sheffield..

Send me an e-mail when your get your interview dates- might be able to meet up for some moral support if its on the same day!
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)

No haven't finished P2 yet.. Im having enough trouble with P2 to even think about P3!! My Maths teacher thinks that once you do P3 then everything else will seem really easy! lol

Send me an e-mail when your get your interview dates- might be able to meet up for some moral support if its on the same day!

Cheers - u dint do bad urself

Will do (RE: Moral support lol) ... i gtg now gotta get up at 7 (noooo) and im in need for some TV watching lol

See u around!
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
P.S Thank god that rank photo has gone lol! Made me wanna puke
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)

Fine what a bunch of snobs you lot are thanx for the none existant advaice or the sorry have no idea how .
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Cheers - u dint do bad urself

Will do (RE: Moral support lol) ... i gtg now gotta get up at 7 (noooo) and im in need for some TV watching lol

See u around!
Lol.. ok! Speak to you later!
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Lol.. ok! Speak to you later!
See ya
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by TIGTIG)
Fine what a bunch of snobs you lot are thanx for the none existant advaice or the sorry have no idea how .
Ooo.. TIGTIG- I'm sorry, I didn't think there was any point because by the time I read your message the picture had been taken off..
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Ooo.. TIGTIG- I'm sorry, I didn't think there was any point because by the time I read your message the picture had been taken off..
It keeps reapearing else where its knocked me sick sorry i should'nt take out my aggression on you guys
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by TIGTIG)
It keeps reapearing else where its knocked me sick sorry i should'nt take out my aggression on you guys
Lol- thats ok. It made me feel sick too
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.05%
No (514)
48.95%

Watched Threads