Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCL_Law)
    And it's quite obvious that your talking BS in order to get yourself out of your sticky situation!
    oops, we crossed posts there. But yep, that's what I was trying to get round to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annik)
    well that looks waaaaay too long and boring to read :embarasse
    Thats really not a long case at all. Wait till you're reading 30 page 17th centurey cases that are practically written in another language

You're gonna be studying law - it will inevitably include a lot of the law.

ReputationRep:
    It's the old cases that kill me! Takes like half an hour to read a page of ye olde english and I still never understand it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    You're gonna be studying law - it will inevitably include a lot of the law.
    Kingslaw you have been known to dish out some pretty sound advice -
    but that is my favourite so far

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this link. I read it but now I am confused. It does not coincide with the case mentioned above. Above it's about riot and self-defence, which fits quite good to our recent topic in class. But this here is about robbery. And I guess it is R v Devlin & Armstrong as the second appears in Court on behalf of the first. Maybe this answers my question concerning "where is the Crown" in that case. I might have copied the name of the case wrongly from the board in class. But, nonetheless, why does the case from the link deals with robbery?
    I just emailed my summary to my lector. I am really confused by now.

ReputationRep:
    It's the old cases that kill me! Takes like half an hour to read a page of ye olde english and I still never understand it!
    please stop scaring me..

BTW did u see uni challenge, UCL LAW??
    Coz the UCL captain was soooo hot.. I always think that when hes on..

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't, when was that on? And what was his name??!

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't, when was that on? And what was his name??!
    it was on an hour ago.. his surname was hinstringe or sommot..hes a medicine student

I remember seeing him when i was watching it with my mum ages ago and we were both like..."phhoowar..he can examine me anyday"

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a div, I thought you meant the captain was a UCL Law student! See. they give offers to randomers! lol

I did notice a definite improvement in the male talent at UCL compared to Strand Poly though during my open days!

ReputationRep:
    By the way: I just noticed that your case from the link is dated to be decided in 1997. The case I refer to, and I am sure about that, is from 1971. So there must have been a former case that, by accident, has the same parties or at least the same names. Maybe even the same people involved - but a bit older then.

ReputationRep:
    Did UCL win btw?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it twas UCL 265 UEA 105

ReputationRep:
    I thought the reading was OK in first year till I came across a little case called "Donoghue v. Stevenston" heehee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piemonster411)
    Yeh it twas UCL 265 UEA 105
    Wouldn't expect anything less!

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't expect anything less!
    i was proper supported UCL..only coz of the fit guy, of course...

ReputationRep:
    lol, have you not applied to UCL then?

ReputationRep:
    lol, have you not applied to UCL then?
    nope..applied to kings instead (please dont b mad...apparently there is a tad bit of rivalry)

Oh..although perhaps i may have enjoyed UCL if there all the guys are like the medical dude...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annik)
    nope..applied to kings instead (please dont b mad...apparently there is a tad bit of rivalry)

Oh..although perhaps i may have enjoyed UCL if there all the guys are like the medical dude...
    It's your own loss! :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's your own loss! :p:
    Kings is good...admit it!!

I'm sure u may have stepped into Tutu's yourself lol..

Anyhoo..I might be going to manc anyway.. *Im undecided*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's good, but inferior! And I'd choose King's over Manchester, but then I'm a true southerner.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.