The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Reflexive
I don't go out much often anymore but its my bday on the weekend. I'm thinking shirts are sort of old fashioned. The thing is I'm very slim so I can't wear these small shirts n that which are supposed to show your ripping muscles. Suggestions?

Hah! Damn being thin, eh? I've been told I should wear tight t-shirts (because even though I'm thin, I'm broad and fairly muscular) - but I just can't see it working for me. For you, it's upto you though.

And a shirt and jeans is always good.

Spoiler

Reflexive
I don't go out much often anymore but its my bday on the weekend. I'm thinking shirts are sort of old fashioned. The thing is I'm very slim so I can't wear these small shirts n that which are supposed to show your ripping muscles. Suggestions?

Fairly thin myself so I rarely go for the t-shirts on nights out.

Having said that, what works for me is:

White, pinstripe shirt
Skinny black tie
Black Cardigan [done up]
Dark jeans
Pair of black/white/grey Converse
Reply 22
Don't go for tight t-shirt...doesn't look good imo. Wear a nice shirt and jeans (preferably dark) and some smartish shoes (not trainers)- classy :smile:
Reply 23
I have a slight variation on this http://www.hardcloud.com/uploads/products/A1sh02bk_m.jpg which is slim fitting, which I think I'll wear with these and my black kicker shoes.
Reply 25
Tootles
Hah! Damn being thin, eh? I've been told I should wear tight t-shirts (because even though I'm thin, I'm broad and fairly muscular) - but I just can't see it working for me. For you, it's upto you though.

And a shirt and jeans is always good.

Spoiler

Yea man its a nightmare. Tell you what else as well, with casual clothes, a lot of the t shirts theses days are v neck, which look crap when you're thin because they emphasise your width. They're meant for people with big muscles/wide frame, which isn't me!
V neck jumper and shirt underneath pretty much, ala my profile pic
Reply 27
Normally i wear slim jeans and a tight fit shirt. Then i tend to roll up my sleeves during the night. I never wear a watch or jewellry but i do wear a chunky white wristband which looks classy and makes my style. Oh and most nights i take a pair of shades and put them on when im confident.

Cos it's winter i tend to wear a tight sweater or a tight jacket over my shirt, open collared,with jeans and white trainers or black loafers.
I tend to go for a smart t shirt/shirt, often with a v neck jumper on top, plus smartish jeans and nice shoes.

Like so:
http://photos-a.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v430/18/32/511180611/n511180611_5069976_98.jpg
Reply 29
Reflexive
Yea man its a nightmare. Tell you what else as well, with casual clothes, a lot of the t shirts theses days are v neck, which look crap when you're thin because they emphasise your width. They're meant for people with big muscles/wide frame, which isn't me!

I normally wear simple shirts anyway, and other loose clothes - I'm not that bothered that nobody can see exactly how thin and broad I am; it just means someone's going to get a surprize one day :smile:.
Reflexive
Fitted t? That is the polar opposite of what would work for my small ass frame!

I'm glad to know a shirt is still alright, I thought they were past it

I'm stick thin and very rarely wear anything that isn't fitted. Stuff looks awful if it doesn't fit properly, having a big boxy shirt hanging off you and boot cut jeans with a pair of nice shoes is going to look awful. Slim fit stuff looks youthful.

http://www.asos.com/Peter-Werth/Peter-Werth-Long-Sleeve-Tailored-Slim-Shirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=293447&cid=3602&clr=Pink&sh=0

http://www.asos.com/J-Lindeberg/Jlindeberg-Coated-Slim-Jean/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=442967&clr=Black&SearchQuery=black+slim+jeans&sh=0

And whatever simple, black shoes you have. Oxfords are generally safe with most things.

What makes the difference between the awkward lad sitting in his size-too-big 'funny' graphic print t shirt and what looks like a school blazer and the model in the full body shot for the Lindeburg jeans is the fit. You can pull anything off if you can make it fit you and look good on you.

We don't know what you look like, what your body shape is or how comfortable you are in certain types of clothing. Some people can carry stuff like v necks, skinny ties, cardigans, etc a lot better than others. They shouldn't show outfits in Topman because they're made to look good on models.
Reply 31
Reflexive

get yourself a slim fit white shirt (river island) dark blue jeans and a pair of black smart shoes... cant go wrong there fella.:cool:
Reply 32
Thanks for suggestions. Descartes I think I was misunderstanding what you meant by fitted... I thought you meant those very fitted t shirts that muscle guys wear. I used to wear baggy clothes when I was younger, I guess subconsciously to hide my skinniness. Now I wear things that actually fit! It looks much better. For saturday I'm wearing that slim-fit shirt I posted (slightly diff version) and straight cut jeans. Bootcut jeans look crap on me like you said.

Latest