The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ask a Current UCL Student: The Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RebelV005
My offer to read Economics requires me to get A*AA with the A* in Maths.
If I miss out on the A* by 2-3 UMS, then do I have no chance of being accepted?

PS- Dr Pemberton on the open day kinda suggested that there is still some scope of being accepted considering I get AAA and have firmed UCL.

I just want a current student to tell me if I have any hope- PLEASE Don't say it depends on the competition and how others do etc!!!Just tell me if UCL are lenient that wa or not

Thanks

I also firmed UCL for economics and I got the impression at the open day that it's very unlikely of being accepted even if you miss your offer by only a few UMS.
However I don't know whether this year might be slightly different seeing as we had no January exams to essentially have 2 shots at the A*. So I think the number of people missing their offers will increase this year, maybe meaning it's easier to get in having missing it?

After my exams, this may sound strange but I'm more confident on an A* in further maths than maths. Do you think I'd still be let in with an A* in FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
How long does it take to walk from Charing cross to UCL?
Original post by redferry
How long does it take to walk from Charing cross to UCL?

A while - depends on your walking speed, I've done it in twenty minutes before but it's probably at least half an hour walking normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NickyJWatkinson
A while - depends on your walking speed, I've done it in twenty minutes before but it's probably at least half an hour walking normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I was hoping to avoid the tube but it seems that will not be the case! Looks like the quickest way for me will be to swap to the Northern line at London Bridge.
Does Pharmacy accept people who have missed their offers? I'm scared I've missed mine :cry2:
Hi there. I applied for Natural Sciences as my insurance at UCL but now I want to change to psychology at UCL. Could anyone please tell me whether it's doable?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Crystal_Adler
Hi there. I applied for Natural Sciences as my insurance at UCL but now I want to change to psychology at UCL. Could anyone please tell me whether it's doable?

Thanks in advance.

Contact the psych department asking if they would accept you. They may ask you do to a new PS or at least explain why you want to change.
Had a good time at open day today, happy with what the CompSci department informed me of. Student financewise it seems like accommodation isn't too expensive for students and they subsidize cash for people living in further away areas of greater London. Pretty impressed.

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
Physics anyone?

Did you all buy all the books on your recommended reading list? I'm starting uni in UCL this september hopefully, and I didn't think about it until just now.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Contact the psych department asking if they would accept you. They may ask you do to a new PS or at least explain why you want to change.

Thanks a lot. Should I contact them as soon as possible or should I wait until the results come out?
Anyone here studying Medicinal Chemistry? I'm interested to know what it's like / whether it differs from Pharmaceutical Chemistry and if so, how?
Reply 3991
Thanks, I was hoping to avoid the tube but it seems that will not be the case! Looks like the quickest way for me will be to swap to the Northern line at London Bridge.

Are you from London?
Original post by Clip
Are you from London?

Nope. I live here as of two weeks ago though...
Reply 3993
Nope. I live here as of two weeks ago though...

Charing X to UCL is perfectly walkable. It might take 15-20 mins, but it's by no means an unusual walk. UCL students walk to Camden all the time, which is a comparable distance. Going via Covent Garden, Neal Street, British Museum, then through the University of London is as Londonish a walk as you can imagine. Shouldn't kill anyone and you could see just about anything on the way.
Original post by Clip
Charing X to UCL is perfectly walkable. It might take 15-20 mins, but it's by no means an unusual walk. UCL students walk to Camden all the time, which is a comparable distance. Going via Covent Garden, Neal Street, British Museum, then through the University of London is as Londonish a walk as you can imagine. Shouldn't kill anyone and you could see just about anything on the way.

40 mins walk a day is good for you as well :smile: I'll need to get some decent shoes though! Otherwise blister city!
Original post by samanthawillis
Physics anyone?

Did you all buy all the books on your recommended reading list? I'm starting uni in UCL this september hopefully, and I didn't think about it until just now.

I wouldn't recommend that for anyone to be honest. The need to go through them is non existent really so buying all of them would be overkill. Maybe one or two if you can't find it at a library or something.
Thanks a lot. Should I contact them as soon as possible or should I wait until the results come out?

I would express your interest and then email once you've got the results to confirm.
Original post by Noodlzzz
I would express your interest and then email once you've got the results to confirm.

Thank you very much for your advice.👍
Thank you very much for your advice.👍

I'm a 3rd year psych student if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by Bloxorus
I also firmed UCL for economics and I got the impression at the open day that it's very unlikely of being accepted even if you miss your offer by only a few UMS.
However I don't know whether this year might be slightly different seeing as we had no January exams to essentially have 2 shots at the A*. So I think the number of people missing their offers will increase this year, maybe meaning it's easier to get in having missing it?

After my exams, this may sound strange but I'm more confident on an A* in further maths than maths. Do you think I'd still be let in with an A* in FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I think they'll certainly allow that. Did u study 4 subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending