The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ask a Current UCL Student: The Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keepyourapology
May not be the right place to ask, but if I have an AAB prediction and UCL requires an AAA for Stats, Econ & Finance, would it be worth applying? I have strong GCSEs and extracurriculars.

If you make 4 other sensible choices then go for it. FYI extracurriculars mean very little.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 5381
Hello there,

I'm going to go to UCL in September and I'm trying to sort out my flight tickets now. :-) I was wondering when I should fly back home for Christmas. I think the term ends on Friday the 15th of December, so could I get my ticket for the evening of the 15th or is there normally a end-of-the-term event I shouldn't miss? :-)

Thank you
Hi,
I'm starting my first year at UCL in September but I don't know what textbooks I need to purchase ( for economics). Is this made clear in the first week? Can I buy from the older second year pupils selling their books? Help pls
Question for any linguistics students,

UCL will be my first choice uni option for linguistics (the international program is quite literally my perfect course). I was reading the requirements for A-levels and it says 'One or more subjects from English language and a science preferred' I've just finished my first year of college and I am taking History, English literature and Drama and theatre studies. would these subjects put me at a disadvantage against other applicants? I also take Biology but I'm planning on dropping it in order to get the best grades I can in my other subjects.

thank you
Original post by SherlockD
Hi,
I'm starting my first year at UCL in September but I don't know what textbooks I need to purchase ( for economics). Is this made clear in the first week? Can I buy from the older second year pupils selling their books? Help pls

yes and yes :smile:
Reply 5385
If anyone is interested in purchasing a copy of 'Essentials of Audiology- Stanley A. Gelfand' third edition (ISBN 978-1-60406-044-7) then please contact me. It's a great textbook and this copy is like new with no annotations inside or marks on the cover. Really useful textbook for those studying courses such as Audiology, Speech and Language Therapy, Physiology or Medicine.
can i ask when did you get your ucl email? like at the beginning of induction week or after?
Original post by mispelt
can i ask when did you get your ucl email? like at the beginning of induction week or after?

Probably in the first week, I can't remember now.

It will be [email protected], in that format
Hey UCL students!

I wanted to ask whether there are places around UCL where you can fill up your water bottle??
Hi, I'm a student who did the IB +SATs(1 and II). I'm trying to apply for PPE, at UCL. The website(http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/degrees/philosophy-politics-economics-bsc/) says that I need to have gotten a 7 for Math HL(I did SL, and got a 7), to specialize in economics. I'm pretty good at math but unfortunately, didn't take at HL.

Has anyone managed to circumvent this requirement?

Here are my stats, if it's remotely helpful.

IB: 43
HLs:
History 7
Econs 7
Lit 6

SATs:
800 for Math II
800 for math section on SAT I
Where can I eat my packed lunch? Are there microwave ovens near UCL main building?
Thanks.
Original post by NutellaLatte
Hey UCL students!

I wanted to ask whether there are places around UCL where you can fill up your water bottle??

I found it guys!
From this blog: https://walkruncycleucl.wordpress.com/campus-facilities/
(edited 6 years ago)
How expensive is it to go to UCL? Like if you were to break it down, how much do you think it would cost for accommodation, groceries, nights out etc..
Are there any current students from the MSc Global Management of Natural Resources around ? I have some questions related to this postgraduate course :smile:
What happens at an applicant open day?
Hi I’ve heard a lot about UCL/ICL students saying that they wish they went to King’s instead. Is this something you guys hear a lot or not?
Original post by Mikasadoge
Hi I’ve heard a lot about UCL/ICL students saying that they wish they went to King’s instead. Is this something you guys hear a lot or not?

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
Hi! I'm applying for PPE UCL and I was sent an email asking if I wanted to do QM stream (Q-step) or Breadth of modules What's the difference in terms of course difficulty or prestige (if any)?Thank you so much!!
Original post by Mikasadoge

Oh my, looooool where did you hear this?? We're very happy at UCL
Original post by NutellaLatte
Oh my, looooool where did you hear this?? We're very happy at UCL

Seen it a lot on the internet and a couple of ICL/UCL students that came to my school and one that I know said that they’d rather go to King’s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending