Turn on thread page Beta

another thread about persnal statements!!!!!!!!!! watch

Help I cant get my head around my personal statement,have finally chosen my 6 courses and unis.medical science Birm anatomyBristol.neuroscienceBris .physiologyBirm.engineering Man electronicsBris.My predicted grades are maths B geog B physics B and biol B.Are thre any helpful sites also how do you write a personal statement for medical courses and engineering.

(Original post by Unregistered)
    Help I cant get my head around my personal statement,have finally chosen my 6 courses and unis.medical science Birm anatomyBristol.neuroscienceBris .physiologyBirm.engineering Man electronicsBris.My predicted grades are maths B geog B physics B and biol B.Are thre any helpful sites also how do you write a personal statement for medical courses and engineering.
    Try google.co.uk

(Original post by Unregistered)
    Try google.co.uk
    Tried google al the sites want lods a money havent got any!!!!!!!! any sits that are free dont wnat my statement done fr me (do really) just some help

ReputationRep:
    I need help wiv my personal statement as weel. I've started it but don't know wot else to put in it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jstringer)
    I need help wiv my personal statement as weel. I've started it but don't know wot else to put in it!
    i ment well not weel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jstringer)
    i ment well not weel
    Next time just edit the post mate.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    link

It's for a different uni/subject group but the basic principals are the same.

Out of interest why are you applying for 3 courses at Bristol - 2 of which are offered by one dept (a course offered in the same dept is sometimes ofered to people applying who don't quite make the grade on a more competetive course - using 2 slots on your UCAS form for 2 courses in one dept is not usually a great plan).

Also Although your tutor has advised you to apply for engineering courses alongside your medicine related courses electronics and general engineering are nowhere near as relevent/easy to justify as medical engineering/materials science courses

I don't mean to sound rude but justifying the course mix you're applying for is obviously difficult - IMO that implies you should rethink the course mix instead of trying to bodge together a PS that is all things to all people.

thanks for your advice you have made life a little easier i didnt know you could be offeed something you hadnt applied for will look at other courses. decided not to take engineering but keep it all medical.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.